Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Possible fixes for Classwars

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
Some attention needs to be bought towards classwars as some features need to be removed or tweaked.

Firstly, the Civilian Mode round doesn't look like it works well with the gamemode. Every time I play on classwars and this round appears, everyone tries to surrender to skip the round entirely. People don't seem to enjoy this at all.

Secondly, we need harsher autobalancing or a way for donators to call a votebalance or a way for admins to force an autobalance. I've had plenty of games where a bunch of people leave in one go, and suddenly it becomes a game of 5 vs 12 where it becomes unplayable.

Thirdly, I know it's been fought over in the past with little to no success, but PowerPlay needs to be outright removed from RTD or at least in compromise, the ability to capture a controlpoint while under it's effect needs to be disabled. A team could be within seconds of winning only to have the game thrown by someone running in with PowerPlay and capturing the point. Capturing a point while ubercharged isn't even possible in normal gameplay, so it doesn't make sense to allow people with PowerPlay to be able to capture.

Fourthly, can we add a cap or limit to the number of times we can surrender in a row? Because teams going on a surrender spree isn't fun either. One team surrenders because they don't like the class mix, then the other team does it because they don't like the next round, then it just devolves into surrendering because they surrendered last time.

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Firstly, the Civilian Mode round doesn't look like it works well with the gamemode. Every time I play on classwars and this round appears, everyone tries to surrender to skip the round entirely. People don't seem to enjoy this at all.
We could try swapping it for a melee-only round, preserve the intent at least.
Secondly, we need harsher autobalancing, or a way for donators to call a votebalance or a way for admins to force an autobalance. I've had plenty of games where a bunch of people leave in one go, and suddenly it becomes a game of 5
I've seen a lot of people just jump into spectator if they're at a disadvantage, which seems to cause the huge team imbalances. Restricting spectating like what done with the MvE servers might help.
Thirdly, I know it's been fought over in the past with little to no success, but PowerPlay needs to be outright removed from RTD or at least in compromise, the ability to capture a controlpoint while under it's effect needs to be disabled. A team could be within seconds of winning only to have the game thrown by someone running in with PowerPlay and capturing the point. Capturing a point while ubered isn't even possible in normal gameplay, so it doesn't make sense to allow people with PowerPlay to be able capture.
From what I've seen a single Powerplay isn't enough to capture a point unaided (unless you have a good class advantage, but play likely wouldn't make a difference in that case). You either need assistance from the rest of your team or a second good roll to finish the cap, as the enemy team can just throw bodies at it until the roll expires. I don't believe it's removal is necessary. Some good points were also made by others in this thread:
Fourthly, can we add a cap or limit to the number of times we can surrender in a row? Because teams going on a surrender spree isn't fun either. One team surrenders because they don't like the class mix, then the other team does it because they don't like the next round, then it just devolves into surrendering because they surrendered last time.
That's toxic. Sounds good, as long as people aren't trapped in a losing round for 15 minutes because they hit the surrender cap multiple times.

aponymous

Strange
From what I've seen a single Powerplay isn't enough to capture a point unaided
Heavy, Soldier, Demoman, and Pyro can solo cap points with Powerplay. That's almost half the classes. If any of those four classes are on Offense, rolling Powerplay is almost a guaranteed win, unless the enemy team is Medic and has a bunch of ubers to stall on the point.

And when those classes are on Defense, rolling Powerplay results in Offense getting spawncamped for the next 30+ seconds. Or at the very least, massively pushing back offense just because defense got lucky and rolled powerplay. I was specifically in a game of BLU Engineer VS RED Demoman, on the 3rd map, and THREE TIMES in the 20-minute match, we pushed up closer and closer to the final point, only to have a Demoman roll Powerplay and push us all the way back to the first point. We lost because of three Powerplays.

Either remove it or reduce its duration. There's no reason to have a "25 seconds of 100% crits and pure invincibility" roll, especially when Godmode only lasts 10 seconds. Other "powerful" RTD effects at least have some form of counterplay, some chance of fighting back against them, but Powerplay is just "fuck, someone rolled powerplay, gg we lose"

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I'll disable the civilian rounds for now, since I've also noticed it's pretty hit or miss.
Will look into other suggestions soon

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom