Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Philip's Gag appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip

Australium
User name: Philip

What is your type of punishment?
Gag

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID?
[U:1:126209644]

Who has punished you?
Kerknor

Why were you punished?
"Toxic"

Why should we revoke your punishment?
“What? Philip actually got comm blocked? Impossible!
Well truth is my friends, it happened. One slightly lukewarm night… under a full moon… like… a few hours ago I was gagged at Blackwonder 2Fort…

Now the story starts with an average TF2 Friday. As per the usual, I play a bit of sniper and spy. I screw around for a while. I crack a few jokes and respond to the general chatter in the server. Up until that point, everything was fine.
Then everything changed when I said a very naughty word.
“Blyat”

Upon typing those abhorrent things, Honey came up and said something like “You know better than that breaking the server rules Philip. We told you multiple times before to stop it.” (Not exactly relevant, but hey, it’s rather interesting to keep in mind). Immediately after that, I was gagged. All my typed words came up blank in the chat.
No warning or reason was given beforehand by Kerknor (unlike suggested). I was just gagged.
Now here’s the kicker.

According to the ban reason, I was banned for being “Toxic”

Now for some info about me. Now it is apparent to most people that know me or have seen me play on Blackwonder servers, that I am a pretty laid back guy. I never get upset at a game nor insult other players. I occasionally swear with “shit” or “holy shit” but I never direct it at anybody, rather using it as a way to express emotion or emphasize something interesting that happened in-game.
Now about what I said.

“Blyat” is a word in Russian that usually translates to something along the lines of “bitch”. However, due to its increasing notoriety among Counter Strike Players, it became a meme, integrating into global internet culture thus degrading it’s original meaning to nothing but an empty phrase said by people for the heck of it. People in the Blackwonder discord server have said this word several times by itself and to other people as well (admins included), so it is obviously apparent that the word does not hold any negative connotations whatsoever.
The way I typed it out, it was not directed to insult anybody at all. Even if it did, as I said before, it holds no value.

Now lets move on to what the word “toxic” means. There are several definitions:

Dictionary.com: “causing unpleasant feelings; harmful or malicious:”

Merriam-Webster: “extremely harsh, malicious, or harmful”

(From Reddit, but it sums up what the internet thinks of it): “a toxic player is someone who constantly creates a bad atmosphere which interferes with your gaming experience.”

From what I see, I can strongly argue that my actions were not toxic at all, and I should not have been punished in the first place.

Links:

Philip

Australium
Rush B.PNG

If you are confused about the player name, I was playing under an alias for fun.

sadshibe.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom