Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Closed Perma bans,mutes,gag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy

#Wilde
I feel like people mostly on jailbreak just do things on purpose. So with there common blocks and bans there should be a limit of how many before getting perma muted/gagged/banned.

Gagged [8] - Perma [If they have been warned multiple times for the same reason]

Muted [8] - Perma [Again only for the same reason or something similar.]

Bans
[6] -Perma [Depending how serious the ban was.]

I honestly don't like to give out perma bans,mutes, and gags but if they past the limit and been warned multiple times i think it shouldn't matter. If they want another chance they can always appeal. Some servers have there limit set a good 5 mark and after that they will just be perma banned. So i just want to see if we can set a limit to our servers so people can just stop and play the way there suppose to.

[ I don't know if there is already a limit before giving them a perma but if there isn't we need to set up one]

[If you have any suggestion please comment]

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Personally I feel as if that if there is a large enough amount of time between the mutes/gags/bans we should maybe discuss with other admins if we feel as if they deserve a permanent mute/gags/bans if it is as low as 8. But today we found someone who had 23 different comm blocks and was perma muted which you can understand. So maybe we can use this as a guide, but not as a definite way of dealing with certain situations?

I am tired, so I hope that makes sense.

Amy

#Wilde
Personally I feel as if that if there is a large enough amount of time between the mutes/gags/bans we should maybe discuss with other admins if we feel as if they deserve a permanent mute/gags/bans if it is as low as 8. But today we found someone who had 23 different comm blocks and was perma muted which you can understand. So maybe we can use this as a guide, but not as a definite way of dealing with certain situations?

I am tired, so I hope that makes sense.
Yes of course , talking about it before issuing it is fine with me as long as we don't have the same issue like that guy who had 23 comm blocks... As long as we take care of it in a good way

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I don't want to set up x amount of times on when. It's obvious if they been muted often before by admins, they get a perm. But some people need less or deserve more depending on who, the reasons, etc.. I mute people for 15 minutes for talking over warden, they can do it on purpose but doesn't always need to be.

It has to be seen in perspective imo, no "this amount of time".. Otherwise we have to start with doing on first offence 1 day, on 2nd 3 days and etc.. If someone always been muted by system 30 minutes because "kid" then for that one time micspamming to permamute, would be harsh.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

I don't want to set up x amount of times on when. It's obvious if they been muted often before by admins, they get a perm. But some people need less or deserve more depending on who, the reasons, etc.. I mute people for 15 minutes for talking over warden, they can do it on purpose but doesn't always need to be.

It has to be seen in perspective imo, no "this amount of time".. Otherwise we have to start with doing on first offence 1 day, on 2nd 3 days and etc.. If someone always been muted by system 30 minutes because "kid" then for that one time micspamming to permamute, would be harsh.

That's only why you would use it as a guide instead of saying that this guy has 9 so that must mean permanent punishment.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I have suggested something similar in the past and it got declined even though votes were on my side. Now that we have sm_listbans and sm_listcomms you can just look at a persons previous bans and decide for yourself.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

That's only why you would use it as a guide instead of saying that this guy has 9 so that must mean permanent punishment.
A guide is something you follow. and this aint a guide if nobody is going to follow it. the word gives it away though.

As buster said, just decide what the guy deserves by checking his past and give time what you think is best. if someone dissagrees, they can talk to you about it and you can adjust if needed. easy.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I agree with Miyu and Buster here. There are too many variables to take into account such as "Are they all small punishments?" or "How far apart are their punishments?". I'd rather just decide for myself using common sense.

Amy

#Wilde
Alright cool we made a choice decide on our own and no need to talk it through again i only put this up for the heck of it. Not just as a guide but for what is best to do. Wasn't ment to be forced or anything it was just something that came up we don't need to make a big deal out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom