Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Percy's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
Username: Percy

Name
Mae

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Total Time: 0 months, 20 days, 9 hours, 33 minutes, 34 seconds

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:126431482

Your DiscordID
Mae#4708

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Fatmagic Tf2 servers/twitch/discord

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
I often play on Jailbreak the most, I tend to play when given the chance throughout the day or night.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
These punishments can be permanent and issued without delay to the recipient with notice right afterward.

This is a basic list covering the majority of what tends to occur within the servers along with an easy to adapt system depending on the context of what may occur such as accidents or intentional Griefing of the game. Some punishments may be less severe than others due to proper context recorded at the time, while some may be permanent.

[ General Ladder for JB ]

= Cheating : Permanently Ban + Demo/Record for proof

= NSFW spray/ sign/ decals/ etc : Spray ban

= Failing a mic check by staff : Team Banned until appealed

= Vote dodging donor vote : Situational
Donor vote dodges occur when someone is evading punishment, however there may be cases when a donor is abusing their powers. In this case, a demo will be recorded to capture the full context and action will be taken.
If a donor is abusing, its a full 24 hour server ban. If a person is dodging due to their actions such as MFK, they will be team banned accordingly up to a full 3 days if not permanently if their actions continue.

*= Toxicity : Mute or Gag
Warn -> 30 minutes -> 2 hours -> 7 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> 3 weeks -> Mute or Gag

*= Mic / Chat spam: Mute
Warn -> 30 minutes -> 2 hours -> 7 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> 3 weeks -> Mute or Gag

*= Unwilling to be Warden: Team Banned
Slay + Force random warden on blues -> 1 hour -> 2 hours -> 7 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> 3 weeks -> Perma Tban

*= Griefing as Blue : Team Banned
Warn + Slay -> 30 minutes -> 2 hours -> 7 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> Perma Tban

*= Ghosting: Mute or Gag
Warn -> 30 minutes -> 2 hours -> 7 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> Mute or Gag

= Delaying: Situational (Slay/Smite)
Beacon first, slay if the round delays for too long for a certain side if one is hiding while the other is actively hunting, or smite all if both sides are delaying.

= Armory camping or Unreachable areas: Varies
If a first time offense, warn the user. Any repeated offense will be slayed after with no warning, this action can be server bannable for both sides if continued after multiple infractions.

*= Sticky trapping : Ban
Warn -> Slay -> 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 2 weeks ->Banned

*= Speaking over the Warden: Mute
Warn -> 30 minutes -> 1 hours -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> 3 weeks -> Mute/Gag

*= Trick orders and illegal orders ( Illegal FF, player favoritism ) : Team Banned
Warn -> 30 minutes -> 2 hours -> 7 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> Perma Tban

*= Free hit : Team Banned
Warn -> slay -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 1 day -> 3 days -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> Perma Tban

*= Free killing (Including Freedays, LR Freedays) : Team Banned
Slay -> Warn+ Slay -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week ->Perma Tban

*= MFK
1 day Tban -> 1 week Tban -> 3 week Tban -> Perma Tban

*= LR denial: Team Banned
Warn Blue responsible + force Freeday on LR recipient -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> Perma tban

*= Illegal Hunt and chase : Team Banned
Warn -> If continued to hunt, smite -> 30 minutes -> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> Perma Tban

*= Forcing a Freeday : Team Banned
Slay + force warden right after + Warn-> 1 hour -> 3 hours -> 7 hours -> 1 day -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> Perma Tban

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf
CometPM
Dee
Est
Pienami
*Goth Bunny
*Rodd
*Honey

They've allowed me to add their names here, thank you everyone. I'll be adding more names in the future for those Iv'e contacted regarding permission as reference to my mod app.

How often do you play TF2?
Very often, even during the night if not most of the day during my days off such as Friday-Sunday. However my work schedule is Monday-Friday so my attendance varies after 1pm EST due to workflow.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
I wish to report the issue with proper context and only act if the offense is truly severe. Being strict on the whole server can cause the players to become irritable and cause the server to become toxic/ unfun for everyone. So punishments should only be issued if things become too crazy in order to remind everyone to settle down, or if an event occurs that "cannot be ignored". Warns and Tbans should be applied accordingly regardless. A fun server allows everyone to stay on longer, and everyone gets to have a good time.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Its been 312 days since my last moderator application and while I have changed and my chatlogs have definitely been improving since, I can promise I have been doing better with managing myself as a person when it comes to my own stubborn attitude. I accept responsibilities when I am in the wrong, and will be handling all criticism from here onward with acceptance. Again, I'm sorry for my previous actions and to those I have wronged in the almost year its been since my last mod app. The last serious Comm I have had was regarding a two-day server ban about donor abuse commenced by Pie (Friday, May 27, 2022. 115 days ago), I accept I was in the wrong. And should not have made a joke out of it, I should have been honest and not say "Donor abuse the shit out of you". I should have kept quiet, collect my evidence and report the user accordingly if the vote failed. I've learned to never feed the trolls and I hope my recent actions on jailbreak display my willingness to be less harsh on people when it comes to breaking server rules cause people make mistakes. And I hope with this new mod app, I get to have the second chance I wish you can all give me. I will learn from everyone around me and accept things how they are and move along, because I really do find this community enjoyable, and have made friends again with most of those I've once argued with in the past minus the obvious trolls. They've all gone and disbanded now.

I've learned from my past mistakes and I ask of everyone reading this to wish me the best of luck, I'm not becoming a mod just to be constantly draining jailbreak of players, but rather help the balance stay neutral to keep the occasional MFK'r in check. I want the game mode to continue to grow as regulars come and hopefully stay for a while. I missed 2016 and I hope to witness a similar time again.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Spanish

*Changes made :
- Added Goth Bunny to list of people
- Added Rodd to list of people
- Added Honey to the list of people
- Made punishments more/less severe on certain applications

Last edited:

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

Hello Mae, as you mentioned in the application you have spoken with me on both Discord and USJB regularly in the past year. I think you definitely have the enthusiasm and dedication to moderate Jailbreak effectively as shown through your extensive playtime, knowledge of the rules, multitude of reports, and the majority of your votes as a donator.

You mention quite a few of the issues you've had, some of which led to your last application being declined last November. This includes your stubborn attitude towards your interpretation of the rules versus another staff member's and your instances of donator abuse. You should try and see where the staff member is coming from before starting arguments or disagreements which has led to issues with a few of the jailbreak staff in the past. You also have a tendency to want and make punishments "without delay" which likely was the cause of your abuse.

I do think you have improved on the first point and I'm sure your experience as staff on Fatmagic's server has made you familiar with all the commands you might use so I wish you luck with the application.

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
Hello Mae, as you mentioned in the application you have spoken with me on both Discord and USJB regularly in the past year. I think you definitely have the enthusiasm and dedication to moderate Jailbreak effectively as shown through your extensive playtime, knowledge of the rules, multitude of reports, and the majority of your votes as a donator.

You mention quite a few of the issues you've had, some of which led to your last application being declined last November. This includes your stubborn attitude towards your interpretation of the rules versus another staff member's and your instances of donator abuse. You should try and see where the staff member is coming from before starting arguments or disagreements which has led to issues with a few of the jailbreak staff in the past. You also have a tendency to want and make punishments "without delay" which likely was the cause of your abuse.

I do think you have improved on the first point and I'm sure your experience as staff on Fatmagic's server has made you familiar with all the commands you might use so I wish you luck with the application.

Thanks for the support Comet, and yes I've definitely been doing my best to improve after a long time. If I remember correctly the donor abuse was one instance only which was punished by Pienami however we still get along and I've learned since.
I've also started refusing to call donor votes asked by others for things or actions I never saw myself while playing (blind voting) due to the lack of context I've gathered at the time.
And of course, staffs should be the ones listened to rather than my own opinion. I tend to get things wrong due to something not making sense in my own head thus my tendency to argue, but I am trying to fix that as of lately. Appreciate your time looking over my application and thank you for the criticism, I'll continue to do my best to not mess this up.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

G'day Mae, interesting to see you apply for staff again for the fourth time. Let's go through your app and my thoughts on it.

First, let's get the easy things out of the way. Your playtime looks good, as well as your punishment ladder. I'm confused as to why you put it under why you want to be moderator and not under how you would punish players but that isn't really an issue in my eyes.

Now let's get to the hard part:

One of my major concerns about you Mae is how you act. While how you may act most of the time isn't against the rules, it's still something I wouldn't like to see in a staff member, especially one that is moderating jailbreak. In the past, you would argue with staff members about the interpretation of rules in an immature manner, and insult them by calling them useless and not being able to do their job correctly. You would consistently start issues/drama with a majority of the staff that moderated JB and a few players as well. You would also be incredibly stubborn and annoying to deal with, causing many staff and players alike to dislike you. In addition some of the issues that you have stated yourself in the Is there any other information you would like us to know about? section of the application is of concern as well for anyone wanting to be staff. While your behaviour has improved since then, I am concerned about those behaviours returning if you get accepted and given perms. Your past in blackwonder is full of red flags.

Some light reading for anyone interested in doing so:
Mae's report against Jim
Mae's first mod application
Mae's second mod application
Mae's third application

In the end, while your behaviour may have improved in the meantime, what happened in the past is still a major red flag, in addition, there is no guarantee that those behaviours won't return once you gain more power here.

That is all from me.

Last edited:

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
G'day Mae, interesting to see you apply for staff again for the fourth time. Let's go through your app and my thoughts on it.

First, let's get the easy things out of the way. Your playtime looks good, as well as your punishment ladder. I'm confused as to why you put it under why you want to be moderator and not under how you would punish players but that isn't really an issue in my eyes.

Now let's get to the hard part:

One of my major concerns about you Mae is how you act. While how you may act most of the time isn't against the rules, it's still something I would like to see in a staff member, especially one that is moderating jailbreak. In the past, you would argue with staff members about the interpretation of rules in an immature manner, and insult them by calling them useless and not being able to do their job correctly. You would consistently start issues/drama with a majority of the staff that moderated JB and a few players as well. You would also be incredibly stubborn and annoying to deal with, causing many staff and players alike to dislike you. In addition some of the issues that you have stated yourself in the Is there any other information you would like us to know about? section of the application is of concern as well for anyone wanting to be staff. While your behaviour has improved since then, I am concerned about those behaviours returning if you get accepted and given perms. Your past in blackwonder is full of red flags.

Some light reading for anyone interested in doing so:
Mae's report against Jim
Mae's first mod application
Mae's second mod application
Mae's third application

In the end, while your behaviour may have improved in the meantime, what happened in the past is still a major red flag, in addition, there is no guarantee that those behaviours won't return once you gain more power here.

That is all from me.
I agree there's lots of red flags in the past, however that shouldn't be representative of what I've been trying to do lately to change that. I'm not quite really the same person since my last application and of course discourse regarding arguing with staff should no longer be an issue.
With my expierence at Fatmagics servers, I've never really used my powers for any reason despite having no clip or access to valve rocket launcher, etc. This can be confirmed if you check his vods during his community live streams and I've never once done anything remotely considered abuse.
I can confidently reassure I'll almost never touch my own powers outside of dealing with an obvious goon or someone wanting to cause trouble for everyone on the server.

And my report against Jim shouldn't be relevant, I've already apologized to him regarding said behavior in private.

Also the punishment thing was prolly misplaced due to me trying to look over my older app as reference and change up a few things given my current experience but forgot to move things back :p

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
Hi Mae! Sorry I got around to this kind of late, technical difficulties regarding my pc and just having to deal with school has really put a strain on the time I have to do any of this stuff.

But let’s get to the point.
Crikey and Comet have already mentioned all the basic details about you regarding playtime, punishments and such so I won’t really be talking about any of that here, just to give my opinion.

Now, I must admit you were pretty toxic back then. All criticism you took you immediately put your guard up thinking it was all bad and out to get you. Some of it? yes, but there was still some out to help you. But you couldn’t really see that in that time. Now that a considerable amount of time has passed you’ve gotten a grip on what is truly right and wrong and to not take all criticism in a bad way. You’ve come to accept a lot of what you use to flat out deny and that is one of the biggest changes one can do.

I can vouch for you on Fatmagic’s server and say you are very involved in the community and trying to improve it in anyway you can. I haven’t seen any of that same behavior you once had in a really long time and as they’ve mentioned above your chat logs have cleaned up. You are very active in the discord might that be general chat or request-help.

Now to add onto what crikey said about him being concerned your past behaviors will come back once you get perms, I don’t think that will happen. As a donor, (and sure they are very limited) you have some perms. and since that last ban for donor abuse there hasn’t been any situation like that again. You don’t try to always be the one to take action straight away and instead go to request-help.

Overall you have improved in almost every aspect and I think now, you’d be a pretty good fit for the JB team. You know the commands and punishments along with their respective lengths.

I wish you luck!

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
Hi Mae! Sorry I got around to this kind of late, technical difficulties regarding my pc and just having to deal with school has really put a strain on the time I have to do any of this stuff.

But let’s get to the point.
Crikey and Comet have already mentioned all the basic details about you regarding playtime, punishments and such so I won’t really be talking about any of that here, just to give my opinion.

Now, I must admit you were pretty toxic back then. All criticism you took you immediately put your guard up thinking it was all bad and out to get you. Some of it? yes, but there was still some out to help you. But you couldn’t really see that in that time. Now that a considerable amount of time has passed you’ve gotten a grip on what is truly right and wrong and to not take all criticism in a bad way. You’ve come to accept a lot of what you use to flat out deny and that is one of the biggest changes one can do.

I can vouch for you on Fatmagic’s server and say you are very involved in the community and trying to improve it in anyway you can. I haven’t seen any of that same behavior you once had in a really long time and as they’ve mentioned above your chat logs have cleaned up. You are very active in the discord might that be general chat or request-help.

Now to add onto what crikey said about him being concerned your past behaviors will come back once you get perms, I don’t think that will happen. As a donor, (and sure they are very limited) you have some perms. and since that last ban for donor abuse there hasn’t been any situation like that again. You don’t try to always be the one to take action straight away and instead go to request-help.

Overall you have improved in almost every aspect and I think now, you’d be a pretty good fit for the JB team. You know the commands and punishments along with their respective lengths.

I wish you luck!

Thank you Est for your time reading over all this, and I'm glad to have your support. I'm very confident in my capabilites to continue to improve and change, and have taken steps to move away from tf2 if I ever begin to lose enjoyment at the time. Be it playing on my phone or generally just chatting on the discords. Thank you once more for your kindness throughout these years 🙏

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello

This is a good app, and you do have a lot of experience with jailbreak, but I don't think you should have moderator privileges on our servers.

While many people are happy to forgive the previous poor interactions, the way you've burned bridges on the way out (on BLW and elsewhere) makes it too difficult to bring you in as part of a large team.

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
Ah well, it was worth an attempt. I tried to make reparations with those Iv'e had issues with before but it seems that didn't change much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom