Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed People not using correct format when reporting or appealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
my suggestion is that when you go into the punishment appeal and report forum page. Instead of having the option to . POST NEW THREAD that will post it without the format, why not make it so that when you click POST NEW THREAD it automatically has the valid format, this avoids most of the appeals and reports we get here on BlackWonder to be imidiently invalid and personally I think it's messy.

I had something like thus in mind;

IMG_2331.JPG

Last edited:

George

Notably Dangerous
I like this idea, I dont see any real flaws with it, it would help out a lot; there is the problem that they might not know the steamid or just put whatever they want in the boxes. Other than that, I feel like this is a great idea.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

..or it can be left for them to create; if they aren't able to follow simple instructions to create a properly formatted appeal, how are they going to follow any other instruction - for instance, the rules they were unable to follow. (Obviously this doesn't apply to false bans/blocks which are rare as hell)

Why should the forum be made to hold the users' hand through everything? It's simple enough to use already..

@George https://blackwonder.tf/threads/how-to-make-a-proper-punishment-appeal.4872/

This gives VERY CLEAR instructions on how to create the appeal, and gives even clearer information on finding your SteamID.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

This might just be a nice and easier thing to do, the only threads which are going to be made there is reports/ban appeals, so why not just change where the button will lead? No harm in it, and reduces the chances for invalid reports.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You don't have to follow the format or use the form, as long as you include all the necessary information and it doesn't look like a clusterfuck. However, on most invalid reports people tend to just say 'follow the format' since it's easier and they clearly messed up the first time.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
You don't have to follow the format or use the form, as long as you include all the necessary information and it doesn't look like a clusterfuck. However, on most invalid reports people tend to just say 'follow the format' since it's easier and they clearly messed up the first time.
I know that but it looks a lot better and professionally made

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
..or it can be left for them to create; if they aren't able to follow simple instructions to create a properly formatted appeal, how are they going to follow any other instruction - for instance, the rules they were unable to follow. (Obviously this doesn't apply to false bans/blocks which are rare as hell)

Why should the forum be made to hold the users' hand through everything? It's simple enough to use already..

@George https://blackwonder.tf/threads/how-to-make-a-proper-punishment-appeal.4872/

This gives VERY CLEAR instructions on how to create the appeal, and gives even clearer information on finding your SteamID.
I really disagree with you. We're not holding any users hands, we're making it easier to file a report or a punishment appeal. It's not just for their sake, admins don't have to guess where they put the revoke reason, and it looks way more proper

EDIT: And also they might not even look or pay attention to the instruction post at all, I know when I appealed for the first time loooooong ago, I didn't look at the instructions, I spent ages trying to figure out where to appeal. If they just go to the Appeal page and the format is already prepared then no confusion will appear

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I really disagree with you. We're not holding any users hands, we're making it easier to file a report or a punishment appeal. It's not just for their sake, admins don't have to guess where they put the revoke reason, and it looks way more proper

EDIT: And also they might not even look or pay attention to the instruction post at all, I know when I appealed for the first time loooooong ago, I didn't look at the instructions, I spent ages trying to figure out where to appeal. If they just go to the Appeal page and the format is already prepared then no confusion will appear

Tbh if you go there and don't see the thread with the blue "read me" tag then you are blind as fuck/don't understand English that well/you just don't give a shit.

I get why you're trying to help them as the format is also displayed when you press the button for it on the homepage and it does make it easier. But if people are unable to read/follow a simple thread then what tells you they aren't unable to read/follow the rules?

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Tbh if you go there and don't see the thread with the blue "read me" tag then you are blind as fuck/don't understand English that well/you just don't give a shit.

I get why you're trying to help them as the format is also displayed when you press the button for it on the homepage and it does make it easier. But if people are unable to read/follow a simple thread then what tells you they aren't unable to read/follow the rules?
I've already stated why I think this should be added so scroll up plz

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

If someone can't take the time to read a thread that is clearly listed as "HOW TO MAKE A PROPER APPEAL", then why would you bother with their appeal?

I don't know about you, but I like to see effort get put into the appeals, with the users that are appealing actually creating the thread themselves, showing that they actually read the instructions on how to appeal.

While this suggestion would make it easier, it removes the ability to actually see if someone is capable of creating a proper thread without their hand being held from heaven to hell.

Also, lets face it. If you can't see the "Appeal Punishment" button on the main forum page, and you are unable to follow the instructions in the above mentioned thread, you shouldn't be using a computer.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I've already stated why I think this should be added so scroll up plz

To me this is all hand holding, sure if you don't have any format everything will look messy and bad but at least they have to put effort into reading a easy to spot thread with easy to follow instructions.

The only good reason I see out of this is that there will be more valid reports and that it will be easier for people. But in my opinion this will only make the users lazy as they barely have to put any effort into their appeal or in reading a simple thread.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
To me this is all hand holding, sure if you don't have any format everything will look messy and bad but at least they have to put effort into reading a easy to spot thread with easy to follow instructions.

The only good reason I see out of this is that there will be more valid reports and that it will be easier for people. But in my opinion this will only make the users lazy as they barely have to put any effort into their appeal or in reading a simple thread.
Maybe when actually seeing the format they can see what's required in the appeal so they'll fill it out like it's supposed to be

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Maybe when actually seeing the format they can see what's required in the appeal so they'll fill it out like it's supposed to be

In the terms of REPORT threads, sure, a handholding guide can be made. It makes it easier for them to be processed.

In terms of the PUNISHMENT APPEAL threads, I want those people that are punished to make the effort of creating the appeal. Holding their hands with a premade template (although there is already one available if they actually looked) makes it very easy to create a very generic thread and hope their appeals are accepted.

If they want to appeal, they can make a damn effort on their end instead of posting a template with minimal effort.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
In the terms of REPORT threads, sure, a handholding guide can be made. It makes it easier for them to be processed.

In terms of the PUNISHMENT APPEAL threads, I want those people that are punished to make the effort of creating the appeal. Holding their hands with a premade template (although there is already one available if they actually looked) makes it very easy to create a very generic thread and hope their appeals are accepted.

If they want to appeal, they can make a damn effort on their end instead of posting a template with minimal effort.
We all have different opinions about this, it is though up to Bene and the rest of the BlackWonder crew to decide whether to use this or not

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
The only option due to my lack of coding experience I could give is: disallowing people from posting in that forum section, so they are forced to find the appeal form

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I see… Can't you just force the POST option in that section to open the same link as if you do it from the Home page?
This is unfortunately not how code works. It's not a given option in any of the installed plugins and would require quite a bit of experience to code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom