Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined peeksy's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeksy

Unremarkable

p00per

User name: peeksy

Name
peeksy

Your Age

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? Yes, but was not aware.

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:189404962

Your DiscordID
peeko#9521

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Currently a admin for my friends server which will go public soon.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
Little bit of everything, mainly US dodgeball and the orange crit server.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I generally know how a friendly/peace server should look like/run. i'm very patient when it comes to users in the community and would just like for people who play on the BW.TF servers to have a good time and want to come back. I'm the type of person to be very friendly with everyone until given a reason not to be, and i'm not scared to be blunt with people i don't know as well as enforce rules that are being broken. I just want to see the community grow without all the chaos that some people can bring into a friendly server. A community without toxicity is the best, especially when everyone gets along and follows the rules set by the admins.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Spoke to Yukki and he said this is where i would be able to apply.

When are you usually available to play?
Right now right the COVID-19 going around, i'll be able to play anytime throughout the week and weekend. If school starts back anytime soon, my play schedule is normally from 3:00pm - 12:00am on the weekdays and anytime on the weekend.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
General (All Servers)
mic spamming I would warn then silence for 1 Hour and then continue doubling it if it continues which could eventually result in a perma mute, for inappropriate sprays I would just sprayban permanently until that problem gets resolved or what not. Hacking simple. Instant Perma Ban. exploits I would warn and it continued I would kick or slay 4 times and if the issue continues, this could lead to a timed ban increasing in days. Call Admin Abuse i feel as though i should warn the player, if the incident continues i would ban for 30 minutes. If i see this doesn't work, a 1 day ban might be issued to make myself clear on what hes doing is annoying to the admins and that it is wasting their time. For griefing, i'd warn the plays 3 to 4 times, if the problem continues i would kick them. Upon rejoining if the player(s) keep at it i would issue a ban. Starting out at 1 hour then 2 hours then 3 hours eventually leading up to days.
Dodgeball:
Stealing: Warning -> Slay and warn -> Kick -> 1hr ban -> 5hr ban -> 12hr ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 5d ban -> 1w ban -> perma ban
Suicide whilst orbiting: Warning [x1 verbal/chat] -> Kick -> 1hr ban -> 5hr ban -> 12hr ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 5d ban -> 1w ban -> perma ban
Excessive Orbiting (with intention of delaying): Warning [x1 verbal/chat] -> Slay -> Kick -> 1hr ban -> 5hr ban -> 12hr ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 5d ban -> 1w ban -> perma ban
Body Blocking: Warning [x1 verbal/chat] -> Slay -> Kick -> 1hr ban -> 5hr ban -> 12hr ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 5d ban -> 1w ban -> perma ban
Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I know how sourcemod/sourceban works, and know when to use the privileges given to me by the higher admins above me, i'm very respectful and know my place in a community.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? German, only used to speak within my family but can be used if needed on servers.

Last edited:

Aba

Abaddon :)
Staff Member
Admin
Hello peeksy,
Your punishment ladder could use some rework (they usually start at 1h and going upwards, for votecommands punish users at a maximum of 30min each successful vote). Please view both, accepted and declined applications to get a better understanding of what to put in and what rather not.
In addition to the question of being punished in the last 60 days, you have been muted by 10K Cold Knights for 2 hours for Player Disrespect on the 21st of February 2020 (image attached). Other than that, I wish you best of luck with your application!
With kind regards, Aba

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408-050916.png
    Screenshot_20200408-050916.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 156

peeksy

Unremarkable

p00per

Hello peeksy,
Your punishment ladder could use some rework (they usually start at 1h and going upwards, for votecommands punish users at a maximum of 30min each successful vote). Please view both, accepted and declined applications to get a better understanding of what to put in and what rather not.
In addition to the question of being punished in the last 60 days, you have been muted by 10K Cold Knights for 2 hours for Player Disrespect on the 21st of February 2020 (image attached). Other than that, I wish you best of luck with your application!
With kind regards, Aba
fixed punishment ladder, as well as a few typos.
If you need proof that i am a Admin for Play4Gaming Guild i can send it over.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
A large chunk of your server time is from idling and even before that you only have 16 hours of playtime.

Squidmane™

Woomy!
Staff Member
Admin
Suicide: I never really see this unless it's among friends who're playing; however, if its excessive I would warn 2 times in both chat and through mic->Slay x1->Kick x1->1 Day Ban.

You would slay someone who is already dead?
also you would cap out at 1 day?

Excessive orbiting: Give 2 warnings then a kick, not a ban because there are teamates who could get tired of this and would airblast it. Could add a slay in after the warnings and before the kick.

You would kick/slay the player but wouldn't ban because someone would go and airblast the rocket?

You are still missing rules on dodgeball and your punishment ladder needs some work.

peeksy

Unremarkable

p00per

You would slay someone who is already dead?
also you would cap out at 1 day?

You would kick/slay the player but wouldn't ban because someone would go and airblast the rocket?

You are still missing rules on dodgeball and your punishment ladder needs some work.
I have fixed the dodgeball ladder, i had a peek at the punishment recommendations and kind of just went off of that. I feel if after being banned for a week and still afterwards doing what is said not to, then a perma ban is reasonable. if you feel a perma ban is too harsh; However, these increments in which i am increasing by are to much, then i would be open to changing them if needed.

Last edited:

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
Hello @peeksy,

Your DiscordID
peeko#9521
You are not a member of the
BlackWonder discord server.

Call Admin Abuse i feel as though i should warn the player, if the incident continues i would gag/silence for 30 minutes.
Applying a mute or gag on a player will not prevent them from using commands. This includes the Calladmin command.

1hr ban -> 12hr ban
Jumping from an hour to 12 is too harsh. You need to fix it.

Excessive Orbiting: Warning [x3] -> Slay -> Kick -> 1hr ban -> 12hr ban -> 1d ban -> 3d ban -> 5d ban -> 1w ban -> perma ban
Can you elaborate on what "Excessive Orbiting" means? Is it when a player keeps orbiting whenever the rockets come at them or when a player is delaying (keeping the rocket in orbit with the intention of wasting time)

You are giving a lot of warnings out, for example:
Warning [x3] -> Kick
Are you sure you can keep track of all warnings you are giving out because I believe you are making it harder for yourself?

I wish you the best of luck on your application.

Last edited:

peeksy

Unremarkable

p00per

You are not a member of the BlackWonder discord server.
I have been for the past few days mate.
Applying a mute or gag on a player will not prevent them from using commands. This includes the Calladmin command.
30 minute ban
Jumping from an hour to 12 is too harsh. You need to fix it.
Fixed
Can you elaborate on what "Excessive Orbiting" means? Is it when a player keeps orbiting whenever the rockets come at them or when a player is delaying (keeping the rocket in orbit with the intention of wasting time)
Reworded
Are you sure you can keep track of all warnings you are giving out because I believe you are making it harder for yourself?
i believe i can keep track, but i did changed warnings from 3 to 1 with verbal and chat warnings.

CashPrizes

Conker's Own
On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
Little bit of everything, mainly US dodgeball and the orange crit server.

You have neglected to provide any applicable punishments for the orange crit server.

Please consider adding the appropriate measures you would take to reflect that server.

peeksy

Unremarkable

p00per

You have neglected to provide any applicable punishments for the orange crit server.

Please consider adding the appropriate measures you would take to reflect that server.
Punishments at the top are for the general "all servers" type of deal.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I hope you are having a great start to your week. Thank you for applying but the following logs show too-little time recently and questionable chat logs.

1586811604593.png
1586811669636.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom