Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Closed Passing the Torch

Is it Friday

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I feel like this has been a long time coming.

So it should come to no surprise to anybody that when I first joined Blackwonder in 2016, I had a lot of free time. Like, wow, a LOT of free time. So much free time, that I would reply on each and every dumpstered post, (although I believe the posts predate the dumpster by a few weeks), and it became something of a tradition. I was a junior in highschool then, I'm a "senior" in a trashy quote unquote two year college now. I have a job now. I rack up overtime on a weekly basis, as we are severely understaffed. What I'm trying to say is: I don't have the time to monitor the forums the way I used to. Many a dumpster thread have gone unGarfielded as of late. I'm simply not around to catch them in time before they're locked. So rather than let this tradition die with me, I've decided it's time for somebody else to take up the mantle.

I was initially going to do an application process, but frankly, there's no reason to get all official with it. Anybody can fill out an application, but only true legends can truly harness the power of Garfield. So I think I've settled on holding a contest instead, and the winner gets the cat. All you have to do to enter is impress me with some form of art you've created involving the world famous orange mass of fat we know as Garfield. It could be a poem, an essay, a picture, a song, a comic, a powerpoint presentation, whatever. So long as you create it, I'll accept almost anything Garfield related.

Rules of the Contest of Champions:
  1. Work must be your own.
  2. You must be active on the forums, lest the contest be worthless.
  3. "Active" is determined by Steve Harvey Oswald. Rule of thumb is if you just created your account and have 10 posts, you aren't active.
  4. Works will be judged by Steve Harvey Oswald on August 14th, 2019. Deadline may be extended if there are zero submissions,
  5. You can make whatever you want.

Either we leave this thing with a new lord of cats, or I look like an absolute fool, we'll see. I'll declare a winner in a week, unless there simply aren't any entries, in which case I'll either extend the deadline or give up. We'll see when we get there. Good luck, everybody, I expect this to be a tight competition that no one enters.

wait this isnt dilbert.png

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
eh, whatthehecc, I just give it a shot

I wonder who will be the next garfield master,
they'd have to be as good as steve, maybe even faster,
they'd have to get to those threads without fail,
and post that very well known thumbnail
Then they'd have to lock the thread,
Then sit in the corner and wait for the next shitpost to spread,
So, I wonder who the chosen one will be,
they'd have to do a good job, don't we all agree?

I totally regret making this

ShotMisser

Truly Feared
Hehe, bad poem. I add new poem every day till that day. Its gonna be bad
(1)
In the mist of every year,
Every person loses its freeday.
Don't be mad if you lose one,
It will come back and you will be mad.
(2)
Roses are recc, Violet are bloo.
Garfield is thicc, so do his food.

Last edited:

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
And so the fateful day is here.

I have to announce a winner now. Thanks to everybody who submitted for the contest, it was a very close competition. Without further ado, however,

congratulations to @Tax Fraud . Your powerpoint presentation truly shows your devotion to Garfield. Usually I'd be concerned that you called Garfield hot, but I'm pretty sure this community is comprised of mostly 17 year old furries, so it's nothing unusual. I was a little hesitant allowing a mod to be the Garf-lord-supreme, but I think I've come up with a solution that will put my fears to rest.

I will be sending you a message shortly regarding the terms as the new Garflord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom