Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Papoosah's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papoosah

User name: Papoosah

Name
Papoosah

Your Age

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID
STEAM_1:0:77604929

Your DiscordID
Papoosah#9640

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I have never managed any TF2 Servers, however, I have had almost a thousand hours of experience over the course of many years in my previous Gmod projects with other communities I used to manage/develop for such as NS First Responder RP, Military RP, Metal Gear Solid RP, WW2 Paratrooper RP, Pacific Theatre RP, and HL2 RP

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
Saxton Hale, Skyhigh Resort 24/7. Also open to playing on and moderating other servers if needed.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I would like to become a moderator because many times I will join the server and be greeted with a lot of mic spam, people going back and forth at each other, players being racist/sexist, or even on rare occasions finding hackers. Many players become very irritated by these things and it seems like the staff hardly ever on the server to deal with these issues. Many times players would like to initiate votekicks/votemutes but cannot do anything because there aren't any donators or staff online to act. See it that I have become active on the server lately I would gladly be able to help maintain it and be there for the players when problems arise so that people are not deterred from playing on the server. I really enjoy playing on this game mode and would like to share that with everyone else by making sure that the server is being looked after and preventing issues from arising.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Gibus, through in-game chat but nothing on a personal level.

When are you usually available to play?
Most of the day, everyday throughout the week. I'm taking the summer off for college and working part time so I'm very available

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
For everything, depending on the situation punishments can start with warnings, obviously, this depends on the severity but in general, I would like to give players a second chance when the option is on the table. Starting with mic spammers, they can vary from intentional to people that are unaware that they are being annoying such as holding down their mic when they aren't talking, family screaming in the background, or giving unnecessary chatter by just talking about literally anything. So obviously for mic spam, that would result in a gag/mute. For players being racist/sexist could result in gag/mute or kick if the player is being extremely disobedient or the issue persists in the text chat. For hackers, that's an instant kick or ban if the ability to do so is available to moderators. Hacking is the number one issue destroying Team Fortress 2, especially in the Valve official servers. No reason to accept that in our servers ever. As for players having conflict, attempt to resolve the issue and if the problem persists, just gag/mute both players. There isn't anything out of the ordinary I can say I have seen on this server yet, however, I am always willing to learn about any additional issues that may occur and am open to all training.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I realize I just joined the forums today and I feel because of that, going through on this application seems sketchy. I am open to talk for any further interviewing.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
Please look at any accepted applicants and adjust your punishments section accordingly.

DO NOT COPY ANOTHER USERS APPLICATION!

Last edited by a moderator:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Player has not updated application since staff asked them to adjust their punishments. Player has been on the forum, but not the servers. And they have not adjusted any of their application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom