Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined P1nned's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

P1nned

Username: P1nned

Name
P1nned

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:581073445

Your DiscordID
Mr P1nned#9336

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
I've played mostly on 2Fort, Saxton Hale and JailBreak and would love to moderate those plus other one map only servers, like Hightower.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Well, I enjoy all of BlackWonder's servers and It makes me happy seeing that there is at least one big server provider that makes servers for Australia. Anyway, the reason why I want to become a mod is because I love being able to help people with their problems, like if someone doesn't understand a certain gamemode, I can be there to answer their questions. Another reason is because talking to people more often will help my anxiety, this essentially is a win win situation for you at BlackWonder and for me, you get a new staff member, I get over my anxiety. I always get a rush of dopamine whenever I help someone, my brain is like "You helped a person and made their day better, have a reward".

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
Almost Everyday

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
Well depends on how they've messed up, if it's in a JailBreak server then I'll do what's required, E.g. someone is either mic spamming and wont stop or being an asshole in the vc, they'll be muted for that round, if they continue, it'll be 2 hours, still after that they continue, I bump it up to 8 hours. If someone is hacking, they'll be banned instantly. For VSH if there is someone in the vc being an asshole, same punishments as in JailBreak apply. If someone is hacking, I'd ban them instantly, same as JailBreak. For bosses not doing what they're suppose to do, like just constantly letting one guy win or not killing a specific person, they'll be warned for the first time, warned again for the second, then kicked for the third, if they still continue, they'll be banned for a day, if they're STILL doing it, banned for a week, if after all that, they still do it, they'll be banned permanently. For the one map only servers, it's really just the same as JailBreak and VSH, if they're being assholes in vc, same punishments, if they're hacking, same punishments, but I do not ban people over hackusations from others, I investigate them myself and if I find anything suspicious, the punishments will happen.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
No, aside from my anxiety, that's all you need to know, although i probably will use blackwonder servers as a "cool down" server, meaning I'd probably be really angry or pissed.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Hi, just gonna list a few things.

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes
1672917146188.png

Good playtime.

No prior punishments

Not sure why you have this attitude towards a team you're applying to be a part of.
1672917260034.png

Currently don't see you on our discord server

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
You're developing an understanding of the kinds of behaviors we punish for, but there are plenty of gamemode specific rules that are not listed. Just to list a few,
Jailbreak- Overtalking staff, warden, armory camping, baiting..
VSH-Camping, Delaying, Ghosting..
And general punishments such as spraybans, evading, exploiting..

Feel free to return to your application and add in missing information.

although i probably will use blackwonder servers as a "cool down" server, meaning I'd probably be really angry or pissed.
Your closing remark is rather concerning. Your behavior as seen from chatlogs already shows harsh aggression against users. I get that you want to help people and your anxiety, but I'd rather not have you use our server's members as punching bags to "cool down," especially as a moderator.

Nevertheless, best of luck with your application

P1nned

Hi, just gonna list a few things.

View attachment 31129
Good playtime.

No prior punishments

Not sure why you have this attitude towards a team you're applying to be a part of.

Currently don't see you on our discord server

You're developing an understanding of the kinds of behaviors we punish for, but there are plenty of gamemode specific rules that are not listed. Just to list a few,
Jailbreak- Overtalking staff, warden, armory camping, baiting..
VSH-Camping, Delaying, Ghosting..
And general punishments such as spraybans, evading, exploiting..

Feel free to return to your application and add in missing information.

Your closing remark is rather concerning. Your behavior as seen from chatlogs already shows harsh aggression against users. I get that you want to help people and your anxiety, but I'd rather not have you use our server's members as punching bags to "cool down," especially as a moderator.

Nevertheless, best of luck with your application
Ok, lemme explain some of these, the first one I've had bad experiences with certain mods along with my friend, who got banned for apparently "bhop hacks" when I've known him for years and have never seen him hack once, plus the "mods are blah blah blah" was in response to a certain group of mods, i don't remember which, but still

The punishment thing was meant to be a quick run down of what i would do for the basic rules, since they'd be used in most servers, so i didn't go into detail about the big rules that are for each individual server

The closing remark is meant to mean that I'll join the server and most of the time people there are nice to me so I talk to them to "cool down".

Probably should have used those details originally

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Your comments in regards to your behavior don't really clear anything up

so i didn't go into detail about the big rules that are for each individual server
We want to make sure you understand the specific rules for the different gamemodes you're applying for by showing us how you would punish those offenses.

You are still more than welcome to edit your application

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I haven't seen you address some of the concerns above, and "gay" isn't an insult (https://i.gyazo.com/f34afa455543e55591c8d7c6bf9121ec.png).
Ok, lemme explain some of these, the first one I've had bad experiences with certain mods along with my friend, who got banned for apparently "bhop hacks" when I've known him for years and have never seen him hack once, plus the "mods are blah blah blah" was in response to a certain group of mods, i don't remember which, but still

The punishment thing was meant to be a quick run down of what i would do for the basic rules, since they'd be used in most servers, so i didn't go into detail about the big rules that are for each individual server

The closing remark is meant to mean that I'll join the server and most of the time people there are nice to me so I talk to them to "cool down".

Probably should have used those details originally
Instead of justifying talking to anyone like that (just to be clear- this isn't only about staff; you shouldn't be talking to anyone like this), why not just apologize? Even if the bhop ban was unjust, staff are humans, and humans make mistakes. There isn't ever a reason to lose your composure and verbally abuse people, let alone volunteers on a community-run server. This event may have transpired in part due to your anxiety; while your anxiety certainly is not your fault, it is your responsibility to control and treat people with respect. I again want to make this clear that this isn't about the conniption you had against staff; this is about the implication that there is a possibility for you to break down on users in a similar manner.

All things considered, you are just a kid struggling with some demons. I have faith that you can mature and learn to deal with your emotions effectively. Your intentions for wanting to be a mod seem pure, and I think if you focused more effort on cultivating that positive side of yourself, I would encourage you reapply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 20)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom