Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Niftay's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

niftay

Personal information questions:

Name:

Niftay, Ethan (if required in real life name)

I am currently 16 years of age, 17 on the 10th of November this year.

SteamID:
| steamname: niftay
| steam3ID: [U:1:862694476]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:431347238
| steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198822960204
| customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/niftay
| steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198822960204

Server information questions:

Have you managed servers previously?:

I'm afraid not, I'm quite new to the server administration/moderation scene, but hope to start in a good and professional manner.

Are you familiar with admin commands?:
As I'm new to this particular scene, I'm not aware of the administrative commands which are on the server. But I am quite a fast learner so I don't think it will be an issue if I don't know them currently.

On which servers do you usually play?:
I tend to only play on the Surf Server for my region, Asia. Not sure where the host is, I think it's in Singapore.

Application questions:

Why do you want to become admin?:
I want to become admin because I believe that there is a lack of staff for my region on the server, for example, I'm usually on an hour or two and see 0 staff. I feel like that I should be responsible for anything that happens on the server no matter what title I have, even helping people. I'm always asking people if they are stuck on a certain stage and try help them beat that part in the map, sometimes they don't need it or don't ask, and that's fine. But I still try to help in any way, shape or form that I possibly can.

Do you know any of our current staff members?:
I do not know any of the current staff members as I've never seen any online at the same time as myself.

Typical times of availability and how long can be dedicated towards the server:
I am typically on a server for an hour or two a day or every second day depending on what I have in real life, family, friends etc. My timezone is UTC+7:00, which is one hour behind Singapore.

What will I do to rulebreakers?:
Hacking ~
I'm not sure what type of hackers who'd hack on a surf server, so If they were hacking, I'd ask them to stop and issue them with a warning. If they continue to cheat/hack, I will kick them or temporarily ban them depending on how severe they were doing it, if it was too severe, permanent bans may come into consideration.

Spammers ~ I would issue them with a warning firstly, if they proceed. That player would be muted for a certain amount of time or could be banned if they were talking about some really bad things, such as telling someone to die (in the other way), being extremely racist, or if they were leaking someone's personal information without permission.

Rule breakers ~ I would tell them kindly to not do it again, if they continue, they would receive a warning and if that doesn't stop them. Temporary bans and/or kicks from the server may happen.

Extra information?:
I do not think that there is anything to be told about for my application, but I do, do some graphic design which could also come into help with the server (if ever needed).

Thank you for spending the time to read my application. =)

Wodeurus

Uncharitable

Alex

Hello Niftay,

The template you used is a little old, you can refer to Moderator application form if you wish to change it anyhow.
You should also join our Discord server, it can help you socialize with people in the community and request help if it will be needed.
I'd ask them to stop and issue them with a warning. If they continue to cheat/hack, I will kick them or temporarily ban them depending on how severe they were doing it, if it was too severe, permanent bans may come into consideration.
We permanently ban hackers, recording a demo beforehand as evidence.
That player would be muted for a certain amount of time or could be banned if they were talking about some really bad things
We don't ban for chat related stuff, you should only issue gags/mutes/silences in that situation.

Other than your app, you have very little playtime on our servers, totalling ~3-4 hours (first session being on 4th of June)

There's not much to look out for in your chatlogs, because you only have ~100 entries, could find one thing tho, which isn't very good.

Personally I'd suggest you to play more on our servers and get to know people before you become a staff member.

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Hello niftay,

I've checked your chatlogs and the only thing that might be an issue is this entry:

The first thing I saw is that there isnt much to filter through in the first place, since there are only 10 pages of entries.

I tend to only play on the Surf Server for my region, Asia. Not sure where the host is, I think it's in Singapore.
If you don't know the region of the server, then it's not a very good sign. (for me)

I am typically on a server for an hour or two a day or every second day depending on what I have in real life, family, friends etc. My timezone is UTC+7:00, which is one hour behind Singapore.
It would be nice to have a few more specifics, could you maybe add time estimations?

Hacking ~ I'm not sure what type of hackers who'd hack on a surf server, so If they were hacking, I'd ask them to stop and issue them with a warning. If they continue to cheat/hack, I will kick them or temporarily ban them depending on how severe they were doing it, if it was too severe, permanent bans may come into consideration.

Spammers ~ I would issue them with a warning firstly, if they proceed. That player would be muted for a certain amount of time or could be banned if they were talking about some really bad things, such as telling someone to die (in the other way), being extremely racist, or if they were leaking someone's personal information without permission.

Rule breakers ~ I would tell them kindly to not do it again, if they continue, they would receive a warning and if that doesn't stop them. Temporary bans and/or kicks from the server may happen.
These punishments are too general, you need to add a punishment ladder and specific times. I'd recommend looking at some accepted applications to get an idea.

I want to become admin because I believe that there is a lack of staff for my region on the server, for example, I'm usually on an hour or two and see 0 staff. I feel like that I should be responsible for anything that happens on the server no matter what title I have, even helping people. I'm always asking people if they are stuck on a certain stage and try help them beat that part in the map, sometimes they don't need it or don't ask, and that's fine. But I still try to help in any way, shape or form that I possibly can.
In general, I don't know why a Surf server would require a moderator, I've never heard of one requiring help. We have lots of admins that can log on and assist if something arises, we have a request help channel on our discord.
Nevertheless, I also don't see a reason not to have a dedicated surf moderator.

Please fix these issues that I've stated, and I wish you good luck.

niftay

Hello Niftay,

The template you used is a little old, you can refer to Moderator application form if you wish to change it anyhow.
You should also join our Discord server, it can help you socialize with people in the community and request help if it will be needed.

We permanently ban hackers, recording a demo beforehand as evidence.

We don't ban for chat related stuff, you should only issue gags/mutes/silences in that situation.

Other than your app, you have very little playtime on our servers, totalling ~3-4 hours (first session being on 4th of June)

There's not much to look out for in your chatlogs, because you only have ~100 entries, could find one thing tho, which isn't very good.

Personally I'd suggest you to play more on our servers and get to know people before you become a staff member.
Yes, my playtime is a little low, but in that time where I was on, I did not see any staff which could be a problem if there are a lot of people online at the time. For the chat-log dilemma, I went to the bathroom and let one of my mates play and he ain't that good and pretty toxic at times/or he was just mucking around. Completely clueless when I saw that as I never call anyone that.

I have joined the discord server, and hopefully socialize with people in there. =)

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Hello Niftays.

First off let me mention that I agree with most of what @Gibus and @Snake mentioned in their replies.

Not to say that I don't have any input, it's just that there isn't really that much input to give.
Pretty much Gibus and Snake got all of the fundamental questions and common criticisms out.

Now, with your very low current activity on both servers and our discord server, I would honestly recommend that you'd retract this mod app.
No hard feelings from me, it's just that I personally don't see that you have any chance of becoming a mod with your very minimum activity/requirements.
Not to mention, it's waaaay too early for you to apply for the position.
I appreciate the thought of wanting to help however!

So here's what you should try to do:
Gain some experience and activity, both on the servers and our discord server, get to know us, so we get to know you better.
Help out like you would usually and normally do, no pressure.

~Good luck in the future!

Last edited:

niftay

Hello Niftays.

First off let me mention that I agree with most of what @Gibus and @Snake mentioned in their replies.

Not to say that I don't have any input, it's just that there isn't really that much input to give.
Pretty much Gibus and Snake got all of the fundamental questions and common criticisms out.

Now, with your very low current activity on both servers and our discord server, I would honestly recommend that you'd retract this mod app.
No hard feelings from me, it's just that I personally don't see that you have any chance of becoming a mod with your very minimum activity/requirements.
Not to mention, it's waaaay too early for you to apply for the position.
I appreciate the thought of wanting to help however!

So here's what you should try to do:
Gain some experience and activity, both on the servers and our discord server, get to know us, so we get to know you better.
Help out like you would usually and normally do, no pressure.

~Good luck in the future!
Alright, I guess I'll stop with the application - but could you guys add more maps? haha

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Alright, I guess I'll stop with the application - but could you guys add more maps? haha
If you want more maps, you could upload them under suggestions, there is a special thread dedicated to adding/removing maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom