Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Newbie-ish to server

Cighal

Hey guys...usually go by Cighal, and started playing on mostly the 2fort server recently! Not usually one too much for forums but thought I'd say hi.

Also, question, because the 2fort server is...interesting this morning. If an admin (as far as I can be aware) is not around, but you can definitely tell people are hacking, at what point is using !votekick to get rid of them considered okay vs abuse (2 people on this morning obviously aimbotting).

Thanks, and hope to see you guys in game!

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

If they're hacking, it would be good to record and report them using the report template found on the home page (Right side, black tab box called Application Forms).

Failing that, if they're hacking and an admin isn't available to get rid of them, I'm fairly sure you can votekick on cooldown to keep them out temporarily.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Only donors have access to !votekick. Hackers should be banned as soon as noticed. Use !calladmin to reach an admin or ask for help in #requesthelp channel on discord, and hi. :p

Cighal

Yeah, I'm currently a donar @ Buster, I just didn't want to abuse the privilege! I typically really enjoy playing on the 2fort server. Just once in a while you get a bunch of no-brainers in there...lol. Thanks for the helpful replies! ^_^

D

Deleted member 2120

If there is a hacker you should report them by gathering evidence (a demo would be best) and reporting them. You can kick them after you get evidence and their steam id.

You can also call an admin from Discord.

Also welcome to the forums.

Cighal

Asking cause I'm not with familiar why you say it, but why is a demo best for gathering evidence over other classes? And thanks Twinzzlers!

Goober___

Wicked Nasty
If a player is abusing exploits and hacking you can votekick them. If the problem can only be solved if they leave the server then you should be able to votekick them.

D

Deleted member 2120

Asking cause I'm not with familiar why you say it, but why is a demo best for gathering evidence over other classes? And thanks Twinzzlers!
Demos record gameplay, you can guess why it is useful for reporting hackers.

Demos are a feature in Source games where you can record snidbits of gameplay.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom