Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Nerf Medics and Snipers on VSH

The Swimmer 23

Strange
I usually play on VSH reservoir and I see two classes that need some tuning or an outright nerf. Most hales do not stand a chance when there are 3 medics playing or 2+ snipers. Medics and snipers are already tough to kill thanks to their ability to uber/wall climb respectively. While I made a post back about nerfing medics that seemed to get ignored for the most part, I would like to try again as this has been an issue for months.

Medics are already extremely powerful and their ability to revive players can potentially double the amount of opponents hale needs to kill. While I don't want to suggest getting rid of revives as that will most certainly get this suggestion rejected, I would suggest that the hales get more health to compensate or make it so that medics have shorter ubers or take longer to get ubercharged. We can also make it so that only medics cant be revived or take increased knockback while ubered.

Snipers on the other hand need the simple nerf of not being able to stop all of hales momentum with an uncharged body shot. Its annoying as the hale to try and super jump only to get your momentum and speed canceled instantly. Its also annoying when a sniper is able to wall climb almost endlessly and having to hit snipers potentially twice (razorback) is unrealistic for the hale. I can understand if a fully charged shot can stop some of his momentum, but it gets irritating to try and hit snipers thanks to only having to body shot the hale.

Kiri

Australium
Sounds similar to another post -> https://blackwonder.tf/threads/medic-revive-markers.32663/

I play on skyhigh, so I'm not sure if the experience differs that drastically. But most hales win or get close to winning even without being efficient. The REALLY GOOD hales destroy teams on skyhigh with a full server and good players. The only thing that limits their ability to win every single match is the knockback of some classes paired with sentries or some other shit.

Most hales do not stand a chance when there are 3 medics playing or 2+ snipers.
Most hales rarely superjump and just w+m1 into a group of reds. Those hales should be losing.

Nerf knockback.

Last edited:

The Swimmer 23

Strange
Sounds similar to another post -> https://blackwonder.tf/threads/medic-revive-markers.32663/

I play on skyhigh, so I'm not sure if the experience differs that drastically. But most hales win or get close to winning even without being efficient. The REALLY GOOD hales destroy teams on skyhigh with a full server and good players. The only thing that limits their ability to win every single match is the knockback of some classes paired with sentries or some other shit.

Most hales rarely superjump and just w+m1 into a group of reds. Those hales should be losing.

Nerf knockback.
Skyhigh and reservoir are drastically different maps. Reservoir is a huge map so snipers already have a significant advantage while skyhigh is much smaller. They can also wallclimb on the map borders (that they really shouldn't) such as above the fence to the right of red spawn. Also, it is somewhat similar to that post but that post talks about removing the revive markers while I explicitly state that I am against it.

I do agree that most hales rarely superjump and just w+m1 into the reds, especially new ones. However, for experienced hales that superjump consistently, its highly difficult to take out medics first because of airblasts, market gardening, backstabbing, sentry knockback, sniper knockback, force of nature scouts, loose cannon demos, etc. Not to mention that most medics can get uber within 15-20 seconds of a match starting and that's about the time it takes for hale to even reach the red team, let alone the medics. Not to mention that the headless horsemann jr. has a significantly harder time because of map size and I have rarely seen hhh win on that map and I have played vsh for years (blackwonder + other community servers)

I do respect that these classes are not as op on different maps, but I see people talk about nerfing medic and snipers every other time I play (and I play almost every day). I already talked about some nerfs from February in greater detail here --> https://blackwonder.tf/threads/medic-needs-a-nerf-on-vsh-servers.31679/ but thats where I stand on this issue.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom