Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Closed My response to RainbowRobb on the Kerknor report

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
In this post I will be looking at RainbowRobbs reply to my report against Kerknor. I had to make an entire new thread because the report got locked and I couldn't explain my part. This is in no way an intention to start drama.

First off, I did not try to imply that RainbowRobb found me innocent, I was simply stating that he removed the ban because it was taking long (which is just the truth). Never said anything about him finding me innocent. "Your presumption that I believe you are innocent is incorrect."

In his reply, he also stated "Kerknor is not some 13yo mod with nothing to do... we own our own computers and don't log off of anything". Here, I did not appreciate your condescending tone. While I was waiting for a response, he would be offline at times and online at others. It shouldn't be a surprise that I could conclude he was purposefully ignoring my appeal, as he had 5 days (which included a weekend and a federal holiday if he lives in America) to respond with any form of context or explanation before Robb would ultimately come in.

"Kerknor did tell me why he banned you and pickle in a DM". If Kerknor explained the situation to you, why didn't you explain it in my appeal? Also since you nor Kerknor explained anything, don't be surprised at the ignorance I had to why the ban was taking so long.

"Life sneaks up and take precedent". I do not know anything that goes on in Kerknor's personal life as I do not know him. He's still another human being and I hope he's ok, but I simply do not know what goes on in his life. Considering this, it's still unreasonable to put my report back up just to reply with what you said then lock it, not allowing me to explain myself (I deleted my report after Pickle relayed a message RainbowRobb gave to him explaining how something personal prevented Kerknor from responding, Robb gave me no explanation). To me, It seemed as if you were trying to make me look like an asshole, which I didn't find very nice of you.

"You simply benefits from the fact he was preoccupied." Again, I do not know what goes on in Kerknor's personal life, and again, I don't think it's unreasonable to believe he was ignoring my appeal. I reported him because I genuinely believed he was abusing admin to ban me on a whim, and when questioned he gives no evidence or any context to what's going on. <-- This is why I believe he was abusing admin (ban me, then not give any reasons).

"He didn't have to show evidence for your particular ban, ". This shouldn't be something that is said by an admin. I got banned, and I'm expecting evidence and an explanation, so you saying he doesn't have to show any evidence is not reasonable at all since that would mean he can ban anyone for no reason. I would like for you to explain why Kerknor is exempt from giving me any evidence to his ban. Maybe it's that he didn't have any?

"At no point did I suspect the situation involved admin abuse. " This is because you listened to Kerknor and believed his side of the story. You also hadn't heard my side of the story. I got banned for taking a tele, and not given any reasons. Then another admin states that the admin who banned me doesn't have to say why, which makes no sense. (I'm not even sure if taking the tele was the cause for my ban).

Also, one last thing: When Kerknor manages to come back, I would like some form of reasoning or explanation as to why I got banned.

For context:
Robbs reply to my report:

My appeal:

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
This is from a DM from Uberbench

What do you think about the fact that the ban from Kerknor was an assumption that we were working together?

I think after an hour in a voice call with you and Pickle, that Kerknor's assumptions were entirely justified.

What do you think might happen when Kerknor eventually comes back? Do you think he'll respond?

He is free to respond if he wishes, but per blw policy, the situation was resolved without him being present. If he was to come back, volunteer a demo that proved you both deserved the ban, the bans would not be readded.

I have no idea if he will respond.

Also, this scenario brought light to the possibility of an admin making a punishment but simply not responding and waiting till the problem is forgotten about. (Not saying Kerknor did this)

We have a policy in place to limit the potential of this happening. Yours was only 4 hours and would have expired before any such interaction was needed on my part. Aside from that information, I am not going to expand on that.

This shouldn't be something that is said by an admin. I got banned, and I'm expecting evidence and an explanation.

Sourceban has recorded 35,000 bans and 90,000 comm blocks. The staff are not paid and no one can expect to always have simple punishments supported with a demo. Permanent bans and ones that go outside of a typical escalation latter by admins should always have demos. Mods have a slightly different expectation, as they are often newer and we do not have a good idea of their consistency yet. Kerknor did NOT come back and offer you an explanation, and since you had no prior related (or any) punishments I removed it from your record entirely.

Knowing what I know now, I would not have deleted your ban from sourceban. But that has happened and I am not going to go back and add anything. You are clearly friends and Pickle recruited you to troll Kerknor.

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
I don't see what we could've said to prove these "assumptions" (that word implying he banned me on something he wasn't entirely sure about) or what made you reach that conclusion. I simply joined a game with a steam friend, and because of this, It was used as a basis for a ban. The entire thing I want to achieve is some form of explanation, not you showing me that his ban was him assuming we were planning on griefing, because we were not. I literally just took a tele, I see no way possible how this could call for a ban of any sort. Kerknor's main piece of evidence were mainly 2 messages:
"place the tele to the right of spawn"
"red engie".
I already showed why his evidence does not relate to the ban or show griefing in my appeal, if you want to go see for yourself. This left me with a ban that ultimately had no reason to have been placed. This is the point I wanted to get across. And now, simply because you saw in the VC that I know Pickle, you and Kerknor both assumed these things. This entire ban was placed and supported with assumptions. "Oh he knows Pickle, and he telefragged me, they must've been planning this and griefing with me" <-- This is basically why the ban was placed. I just want to be part of a community where the admins don't just agree with other admins blindly and completely disregard an appeal or statement from a community member, or disregard the idea that an admin could've done something wrong to ruin the experience for the members of the community they moderate.

"Knowing what I know now, I would not have deleted your ban from sourceban." Very conveniently as well, now since I tried to get my point across and show how this ban isn't fair, If I ever slip up in the future, this will be used almost like a grudge against me, very nice. I hope you promoting the annoying gameplay and reaction fishing Kerknor uses with Honey leads you to more happy community members.

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
So in the end, I guess my ban WAS based on a false assumption since you have nothing else to say. Looks like Kerknor can stay doing what he loves most. Thanks for showing your care towards my experience with the community. I wish there was a reaction for "disappointing" because one would be very nice now.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I should have recorded some of the conversation from earlier to show anyone reading this how absolutely full of baloney this all is. You spent an hour making farting noises and trying to backtrack confessions pickle was making about using his short circuit and taunting in front of Kerknor. Sympathy-trolling won't work here. That is the fastest way to have something dumpstered.

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
First off, I actually had meaningful things to say, but of course you forgot about that. And I wasn't simply backtracking pickle, his ban was his thing, and my ban was mine. I was interested in having a meaningful conversation with you, but you obviously only saw it as me "making farting noises" and "baloney". Cool suggestion to have my explanations placed in the dumpster.

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
I can already see this derailing off topic, as you have not considered my explanation above your message that states "I answered your questions. Of course, you are free to dislike the answers, but it does not change the end result. Have a nice weekend, stay safe." So unless you're going to mention this or something else important, I don't want to speak about this thing about you calling the call baloney or disregarding it anymore. I don't mean to come off as rude. Have a nice weekend, be safe.

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
Sounds good, hopefully they consider what I mentioned and don't completely disregard it.

normie

Totally Ordinary
cool dude
garfield.gif

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
Normie? I apologize, but how are you in a position to have Robb forward this to you, I don't see any admin tags for you. If you are by any chance and admin, I apologize, but I don't see any tags.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
@RainbowRobb I wasn't going to say anything but seeming as you think lying is acceptable admin behavior I guess I have to say a few words.
"I should have recorded some of the conversation from earlier to show anyone reading this how absolutely full of baloney this all is."
Or in other words, I should have invaded your privacy to support my point.
"You spent an hour making farting noises and trying to backtrack confessions pickle was making about using his short circuit and taunting in front of Kerknor."
Holy shit, this might just be the worst thing you have ever said, ever. You should feel ashamed. To boil down our conversation into something so moronic and false as, whatever this is, just so that everyone reading this can side with you is the epitome of being a scumbag. I don't know if you had your fucking hands over your ears that entire discussion, but I SAID what I did in that server and how it doesn't line up with Kerknor's exaggerations. I also recall that uberbench never talked about my ban. The most he has done is agree with some of my points in regards to why my ban was unfair.
"Sympathy-trolling won't work here. That is the fastest way to have something dumpstered."
Ah yes, Uberbench is trolling you so hard (this is sarcasm). Man what an epic troll (this is also sarcasm). In case you haven't noticed I pointed out the parts that are sarcasm in parenthesis.

You also CONTINUE to use the fact that you're an adult as if that makes our points invalid. It doesn't, it just makes you seem like a condescending asshole.

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
Yeah, I can already tell you're just his friend coming in here to laugh off all my points like the cool "adults" you are.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult Adult

UberBench!

Scarcely Lethal
I'll be back when someone who isn't here to call himself cool by being an adult responds. Please don't say useless things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom