Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Musical !soundlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philip

Australium
On several Blackwonder servers, you can play several sounds using the !soundlist command.

An interesting addition is typing in the name of the sound to play it instead of opening the menu (ex; Type "Yes yes yes" to get a particular sound)

From this, I propose a music option!

From binding a set of commands to a key, I was thinking of "programmable/writable" music through the !soundlist features. However, all of the notes in the Piano scale have to be added in as well.

An example of this supposed bind would be: bind "@" "say music: [Title] [Middle C; Line 1(position section and line for variables): [Right 1 (Hand
d Line)] ABC (chord); B; A;(etc) [Left 1] ;A;D; [End]

...or something less complex

-[Right 1] and [Left 1] will play at the same time
-[Right 1] and [Left 2] WILL NOT play at the same time
-Each space is an 1/8 note while more spaces adds up more 1/8 notes
-";" separate chords/notes
-Rests will be represented by different symbols
-The command when switching positions will be like key, switch, key
-Options and guide in !sounds option
-Cannot be spammed like normal ! soundlist binds
-Limited to a set amount of lines
-Can be disabled for those who don't want to hear

(A each bind command would have to be aliased)

(What a great Wall of text...)

Feedback is appreciated.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
What you are describing is just a plugin-supported micspam tool.

It is novel, but if you really want to play certain chords from a piano and broadcast them on a server you could achieve the same results by leaving your microphone near your speakers or an actual piano. 'Can be disabled' is the equivalent of manually muting whoever is micspamming.

Which, by the way, isn't allowed.

Alternatively I've gotten it wrong and all you want is piano chords in the soundlist? That's actually feasible, but every menu option chosen would still need a cooldown. Otherwise it's, y'know, micspam.

Philip

Australium
What you are describing is just a plugin-supported micspam tool.

It is novel, but if you really want to play certain chords from a piano and broadcast them on a server you could achieve the same results by leaving your microphone near your speakers or an actual piano. 'Can be disabled' is the equivalent of manually muting whoever is micspamming.

Which, by the way, isn't allowed.

Alternatively I've gotten it wrong and all you want is piano chords in the soundlist? That's actually feasible, but every menu option chosen would still need a cooldown. Otherwise it's, y'know, micspam.
When I imagined it, I thought you could make a small jingle on a cooldown. When I put the line option, I thought of limits of spam of the command. Something small. However, it would be easier for preset !soundlist music pieces for jingles instead of programming it yourself like you said.

Maybe songs could be recommended?

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
When I imagined it, I thought you could make a small jingle on a cooldown. When I put the line option, I thought of limits of spam of the command. Something small. However, it would be easier for preset !soundlist music pieces for jingles instead of programming it yourself like you said.

Maybe songs could be recommended?

When saying „Preset“ instead of writing a plugin for it, you will most likely need to upload sound files to the server that have to be downloaded by the players, which bene will not be doing due to it lengthening downloading time.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Thank you for your suggestion. However it seems like this idea is very ambitious and would probably not get used a lot. Therefore I decided to decline it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom