Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Most powerful medigun?

♥Natsuki♥

Mildly Menacing
To me the mediguns are powerful in each way, but I find the medigun a little more useful and powerful then the others, let me explain. So basically the medigun allows invulnerability for 8 whole seconds. This allows the class to push through a point without dying, or maybe even take down sentry nests defending the last point. Howerver why I say that mediguns are powerful in each way is because the kritskrieg allows crits for 8 seconds, allowing soldiers or heavies or any class to kill almost every class in just 1-3 hits based on their weapons. The vaccinator is an underated weapon. It completely nerfs crits and headshots will only do 50 damage instead of the usual 150, and this can easily counter the kritskrieg, almost as good as the ubercharge, just that the vaccinator allows 4 resistance shields and the medigun is 1 ubercharge at a time. The quickfix is a good medigun for non-pocket medics. Basically its easy to bring teammates completed healed, but due to the low overheal its not meant to pocket a dps, but to however save time and spread the heals quickly. This is just my opinions of the 4 mediguns. I hope you agree with me if you disagree please I’d like to know your opinion. And do comment if you hope valve would add more mediguns with various push and defense strategies.

General Zimmer

Store Manager

GZimmer

headshots will only do 50 damage instead of the usual 150

Sorry to bust your nut, but a quickscope headshot won't do 50 dmg on headshot if the target is protected by a vaccinator ubercharge, because crits won't work which reduces the dmg to 50 and then there's the 75% damage resistance that will reduce the dmg further more to 12,5 (If my calculations is correct)

The quickfix is a good medigun for non-pocket medics. Basically its easy to bring teammates completed healed, but due to the low overheal its not meant to pocket a dps

You can also think it this way, the quick-fix is good at healing people, and make an ally survive a big amount of dmg over a long time because of its increased healing rate. If it was, let's say 2 soldiers bombing, the quick-fix wouldn't be a good choice because it doesn't have time to heal, and low overheal.

the kritskrieg allows crits for 8 seconds, allowing soldiers or heavies or any class

You forgot demoman again....

♥Natsuki♥

Mildly Menacing
Sorry to bust your nut, but a quickscope headshot won't do 50 dmg on headshot if the target is protected by a vaccinator ubercharge, because crits won't work which reduces the dmg to 50 and then there's the 75% damage resistance that will reduce the dmg further more to 12,5 (If my calculations is correct)

You can also think it this way, the quick-fix is good at healing people, and make an ally survive a big amount of dmg over a long time because of its increased healing rate. If it was, let's say 2 soldiers bombing, the quick-fix wouldn't be a good choice because it doesn't have time to heal, and low overheal.

You forgot demoman again....
I dont have to add demoman krits is good on almost anybody in my opinion kritting a sniper can bodyshot everyone and do 150 damage scout does tons of damage close range and with crits

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

(another tl;dr post lol)

This is, like every other cliché answer, highly dependable on the situation. Though, I do have two Mediguns that I think are "overpowered" to say.

The Default Medigun will be the first medigun of my options (cliché i know) in my opinion because of the fact that it is the only weapon that has a full invulnerability. w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶p̶y̶r̶o̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶K̶N̶O̶W̶S̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶b̶l̶a̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶x̶i̶s̶t̶s̶.̶
This allows for the RED team to use this information of invulnerability to push forward as much as they can within 8 seconds (and we all know, 8 seconds is QUITE LONG in these fast-paced games), which also allows them to destroy sentry-guns DEPENDING if the Medic chose the right partner to destroy it.
In the other team, the BLU would be able to, as well as the RED, to push back any incoming attacks, literally. And if they are cornered, they can use this Uber to kill their enemies that are, for example, spawn camping them, giving themselves a chance to turn the tables if using the Medigun's full potential properly.

The other medigun that I use, is the Kritzkrieg. We all can agree that CRITS is the most biggest butt in the game. It's one of those functions where, you hate it when it comes to you, but you love it when you get the unfair advantage of this Gaben-Blessings. The Kritzkrieg gives you a 100% certainty of getting these crits for a limited amount of time. This means that the REDS will be allowed to clear out those pesky BLUS aiming at their spawn doors within these short amount of time foresay they are in places that you can see them as easily as they can see you. Using the right class to uber (The Soldier) and you can kill <75% of the classes with one shot and 100% of the classes with two shots (if they aren't overhealed)

Osome Oli

Sufficiently Lethal
Medigun to destroy sentry nests, kritz to destroy players on offence. Quick-fix if you don't want to pocket and vaccinator if you hate your life.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I personally like the Vaccinator. With all these pyros running around that can kill you in approximately 1 second it's useful to constantly have a fire proof Uber.

The trick is to bind the mouse wheel to reload so you can swap between the resistance types wicked fast.

General Zimmer

Store Manager

GZimmer

I personally like the Vaccinator. With all these pyros running around that can kill you in approximately 1 second it's useful to constantly have a fire proof Uber.

The trick is to bind the mouse wheel to reload so you can swap between the resistance types wicked fast.

you can also press R pretty fast, it's only 3 clicks and you've gone through all of the resistance types. (You can play osu if you want to increase your fingers stamina)

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
you can also press R pretty fast, it's only 3 clicks and you've gone through all of the resistance types. (You can play osu if you want to increase your fingers stamina)

True, but scrolling a wheel is much easier. It's also more convenient should you need to walk forward and right at the same time while also needing to change your resistance type.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom