Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed More VSH content

Status
Not open for further replies.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
So, it came across me this idea.... for the VSH servers.

Why not... give the hale some options to make the game... hmmm a little harder for him?
For example:
The player can open a list by writing down a command that will tell him his "Hardcore" Options... Which will be turned on/off when he pleases.
and a button that will show how many times he activated each mode, and how many rounds he played in a hardcore mode, and how many times he played in an impossible mode, and how many credits he earned by playing that impossible mode.

If something was turned on, that "buff/debuff" will be applied to all regular players/hale when that player becomes saxton hale.

This hardcore mode is meant for the players that play this VSH mode for ages and are pros.... like me :b
i find this game mode after mastering it to be very easy, and thus i thought of this idea, something to make it more interesting and harder... a hard challenge if you may consider it that way.

----------------------------------
The "Hardcore" options are going to be:

Give every regular player 200~210 more health as default health (a scout with 125 default health now turns to 325 default health, so they die with 2 hits, instead of 1 hit. (On/Off)

Give all regular player critical hits at all times. (On/Off)

Give all regular players a movement speed buff. (the same movement speed as them getting whipped by the soldier) """Edit: OR make every class as fast as the scout""" (On/Off)

Give all regular players 25%~50% Bonus damage for all weapons. (On/Off)

Give all regular players a higher chance of getting lucky with an RTD (On/Off) (The RTD will be disabled for both the saxton hale AND the regular players if the hale decided to start the "Impossible mode" Since it's already too unfair to have a luck system running.)

All regular players can respawn after they are killed for one time (On/Off) """"This doesn't affect the medic's ability to revive other players""""" from the reviving pod (if that's what it's called)

Give all regular players lower gravity (maybe like 0.3~0.8 gravity) (On/Off) """"The regular player can disable this bonus by writing down a command, and thus their gravity will be set to normal IF the regular player doesn't want it)

Enable health regeneration for all players. (around 1~5 HP per second) (On/Off)

Disable fall damage for all regular players. (On/Off)

The player will always become saxton hale when he is selected as the next hale (On/Off) (Yes this will activate hardcore mode) EDIT: ok i don't know if this should be added, if it won't be added like this..... then when selecting this it will not start the hardcore mode.
OOOOR we could do something like, if the hardcore mode was activated the player which is going to be hale next is going to be the saxton hale, not the HHH or vagineer or anyone else.

The hale will always be "outlined" for all the regular players to see him. (kind of the thing that happens when you shoot the hale with the default sniper rilfe) (On/Off)

-------------------------------------

All of these ideas i mentioned can be turned on at the same time if the hale pleases.
And there is a bonus feature that if around 5+ hardcore mode buffs were enabled......
"Hardcore" music will start instead of the normal hale's music, as well as any of the hale's quotes will be slowed down by 0.5x~0.7x times (so it sounds demonic or watever), with a (special introduction """Text that says... somethings about how this hale activated the *Impossible mode* and maybe with bune's silly voice he could say something like """Yeeeees""" or """It's killing tiiiiiiime""" or """Uh Oh, This is not a good idea"""
Or whatever our lord and savior buuuuune wants :3
it will start when the text appears.
OR we could probably put a quote from a meme as an introduction to this "impossible mode"

When the hale dies there will be a "fail" quote that will be played, or bune's silly voice saying """"You stoopid""" or a heavy quote "Stupid Stupid Stupid" (or whatever is fit for this... fail thing)

Edit:
When there is only 1 player alive, a bune quote will start saying "YOU SUK" or "MHEHEHEHEHE" or any quote from any meme you think is well-fit for this. (keep in mind we don't HAVE to make this part custom made, we can simply slow down the hale's voice by 0.5x~0.7x times so it's already good)

When the hale wins in this impossible mode there will be a quote from Bune saying "2ezy4me" OR "not even close" OR "it's already over?"
Or any quote of a meme you think is well-fit for this part.

EDIT:
To make things fair, fighting a demoknight is going to be a pain in the arce even for a pro player, so in order to make things fair "ONLY IN THE HARDCORE MODE/IMPOSSIBLE MODE" the hale's melee range is going to be as long as the eyelander's melee range.

I'm also thinking there could be something like... you will earn 100~300 credits if you completed this "impossible mode" while there were 16+~18+ players playing in that round
this can also be something like a weekly special contract or something... idk....

(That's all i thought of so far, i would like to hear your opinion on this idea, if this is a good or a bad idea, and if you like this idea and thought of something that could make the round "hardcore" for the hale please share it with us.)

Remember.... this is an idea for the players that think they are really good as saxton hale... like me xdddd kappaaaa (plzkillme)

This "hard/impossible" mode will help the pros/masters of this game mode to be even better and trickier than they already are, since there is a lot of disadvantages to them, it makes them think of an other way to beat the players.
To be honest if this was installed in the servers i would learn more than i already have mastered, and there will still be challenge and a really frustrating game play, this will be a somewhat the beginning of something even bigger and harder than before.

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
I did this for a while... I used "..." excessively too. c:

p.s.: I guess I like the idea, don't know much about vsh but good luck with the suggestion.

ProvidedTimmy

Tism
Staff Member
Admin
I like the idea and I'll completely support it! But the thing is you would have to create like a whole sub-section to the gamemode itself or make an entirely new plugin, but that's not really an issue when you have @Benedevil.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I did this for a while... I used "..." excessively too. c:
it's like taking a breath/stop after every sentence to make it sounds like i'm directly speaking to someone, i would do the same thing when i want to start a new sentence related to the last """UNFINISHED Most of the time""" sentence.
soooooo ya... that's that.

Anyways this is not the issue here, i would really like to know your opinion on this thread, unless the "..." makes you confused, in that case i can't really help you.

Last edited:

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

I like this challenge.

All regular players can respawn after they are killed for one time (On/Off) """"This doesn't affect the medic's ability to revive other players""""" from the reviving pod (if that's what it's called)

Give all regular players lower gravity (maybe like 0.3~0.8 gravity) (On/Off) """"The regular player can disable this bonus by writing down a command, and thus their gravity will be set to normal IF the regular player doesn't want it)

These two are a bit lame/cheap imo.

Give all regular players a movement speed buff. (the same movement speed as them getting whipped by the soldier) (On/Off)

While a reasonable idea, I can imagine this being reaaaally annoying for the Hale, because rather than a damage increase reducing the amount of hits you can take, making you need to play smarter overall, this, to me, is just artificial difficulty, as scouts will be away like lightning, and spies will be in and out with a stab before you know it, and they'll be faster than you.

The concept, however, is actually very good.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
While a reasonable idea, I can imagine this being reaaaally annoying for the Hale, because rather than a damage increase reducing the amount of hits you can take, making you need to play smarter overall, this, to me, is just artificial difficulty, as scouts will be away like lightning, and spies will be in and out with a stab before you know it, and they'll be faster than you.

The concept, however, is actually very good.

The thing is.... the hales which play this game mode and master it AKA pros. already know about these things.
it would be nonsense if it was force to all players, reading what you said just now... in my head i was like "Yes i know all of these things, they will be a pain in the arce for *bad hales* but since i know i'm a pro hale these things won't matter.
This is REAAAAAAALY annoying for the hale since it's called a hardcore mode, it's hardcore for a reason.
And i'm pretty sure even after malzy read what you typed, he thought in his head "i will just super jump and curve around to get him""" and """ i will just keep checking behind me at all times, when i'm not jumping around""" or """ i will always try to kill people when i use my super jump """

Yes... this hardcore is bullshit when you first look at it, but at least people like me who really love and master this game mode see these things as.... things that are somewhat hard to deal with, but it CAN be dealt with.

These two are a bit lame/cheap imo.

I would agree that the gravity part is somewhat cheesy, but being able to respawn again is not as bad as it seems, you are like telling the player that you challenge him Two times (three times if he was revived by a medic) in the same round, and that's... going to be hard yes, but that's why it's there.

The players will always respawn in 3 seconds when they are killed, even if they were revived, they will just teleport to a random spawn point with the class they chose (if it's possible maybe disabled the reviving pod for the first death, and enable it for the second death)

Edit:
Anyways, after rethinking some stuff, i don't know if this should be added or not... soooo majority vote will decide this part. (about the respawn thingy)

Last edited:

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
And i'm pretty sure even after malzy read what you typed, he thought in his head "i will just super jump and curve around to get him""" and """ i will just keep checking behind me at all times, when i'm not jumping around""" or """ i will always try to kill people when i use my super jump """

Yes, but only the superjump one xd
As for the spies... well, that problem is handled if you superjump as soon as it's aviable. Spies have a hard time catching up xd
I think superjump is the best tool for any hale. It helps you escape dangerous situations (not including the one where you NEED to superjump to get in one :D), makes it easier to catch up to scouts and basicly gives you a freekill if you land on someone. Military area, best map 10/10.

And I mostly don't even check behind me, since IF I get sabbed, the other player has already moved away from me. And if I try to chase him, other players will target me instantly, since they are not on my focus. So, never focus someone in a crowd, just superjump out of it and kill them one after one.

Also, one more suggestion:
Super Hardcore Mode: Players have infinitive ammo.
Watch out for engies (insta lv.3 sentry, dispenser, teleporter), snipers (oh camper camper~), rocket jumping soldiers (good luck catching em), crit demos (gg), heavys (oh god), pyros (airblast, yay), spies (forever invisible, pls don't camp) and medics (they will try to get uber with overdose 24/7)

I didn't want to look up every weapon, but I think there might be some that will be TOO op if unlimited use, for example black box. These should get a tiny nerv, for example they won't heal as much. Also, every weapon SHOULD reload, it's just that you have unlimited ammo.

What do you think about this idea?

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
since IF I get sabbed,

Oh i will sab you my dear malzy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
xddddd
Also, one more suggestion:
Super Hardcore Mode: Players have infinitive ammo.
Watch out for engies (insta lv.3 sentry, dispenser, teleporter), snipers (oh camper camper~), rocket jumping soldiers (good luck catching em), crit demos (gg), heavys (oh god), pyros (airblast, yay), spies (forever invisible, pls don't camp) and medics (they will try to get uber with overdose 24/7)
What do you think about this idea?
To be honest this would be too OP even for Pro/Master hales.... pyros airblasting at all times... there could never be something more frustrating than that.
This is just a no xddddd to be honest this would take a long time to modify which weapons are OP and which are not.

If this would ever happen, then EVERY SINGLE WEAPON that doesn't need a reload or have a reload animation will not be affected by this buff.

The widowmaker for exmaple, if an engi was using it then he will only get the normal 10 metal per 5 seconds thingy, not an infinite amount of metal.

However i have a better idea... The rage meter will charge 100%~200% slower. and will last for 0.75x~1.25x it's duration.
(you may say ""Oh a pro hale will never need a rage, what the fuck are you talking about?""
Well... sometimes it's the only way out of a situation.
For example imagine an engineer with a lvl 3 sentry and a dispenser with a pyro airblasting the hale 24/7 in a closed and small area..... What do you expect the hale is going to do without the rage?
Exactly... he is going to die.
Sooooo yaaaa we need the rage, but it may charge at a slower rate and longer amount of time.)
(keep in mind that this buff that i just mentioned doesn't have to be added, it's only a suggestion.

Last edited:

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
I'd love this to be implemented in the VSH servers, i've been playing VSH since it was created and everybody fears the mighty Tomato Kat, it's becoming incredibly boring for me to play as hale due to the excessive low-level playerbase

ProvidedTimmy

Tism
Staff Member
Admin
I'd love this to be implemented in the VSH servers, i've been playing VSH since it was created and everybody fears the mighty Tomato Kat, it's becoming incredibly boring for me to play as hale due to the excessive low-level playerbase
Oh boi, this guy knows what's uppo! Seriously, though add this in. It makes for a wider range of players like @Tomato Kat said.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Just a question... was this... whole idea of mine been made or implemented before in ""ANY"" vsh server before?
(in case if you have a clue.... and omg i really hope no other community had this thing before we did.)

or is this is like... the NEW thing? xddddddddd

if so, then HOLY SHIT!!!! this community is going to be even bigger with this new plug-in.

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Just a question... was this... whole idea of mine been made or implemented before in ""ANY"" vsh server before?
(in case if you have a clue.... and omg i really hope no other community had this thing before we did.)

if so, then HOLY SHIT!!!! this community is going to be even bigger with this new plug-in.

As far as i know, no.

still we need a more stable playerbase rather than "svein.masta.99" or "roger.wilfred11" players in order to grow as a community

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Implemented.

The only server I'm aware of (double read, I'm aware of) that has a far more advanced VSH plugin is Chdata's TF2Data server, as he's the current maintainer of the public plugin, and hasn't released some of his private changes, dunno what they are, never visited. But no, nobody else has a hardcore mode. All made from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom