Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted moo's Admin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

moo

Strange
User name: moo

Name
moo

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:212382354

Have you managed servers previously? No

Which servers have you previously managed? None

On what servers do you usually play on? Blackwonder UK | Highertower - 185.44.76.140:27085

Why would you like to become an admin? I would like to help Blackwonder community. There are a lot of cheaters and toxic players, that have to be punished or teached that it's not cool and not tolerated. I want to change toxic people to nice people.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

If you do know and have spoken to any staff members, please tell us their names General Zimmer, Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

When are you usually available to play? 4 p.m. - 9 p.m. (Monday - Friday), 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Saturday), 12:30 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Sunday) [UTC+01:00]

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the game modes you play I play only on DM servers, so here are my ideas of punishing players.

Spawncamping - Warning1 > Ban (30 minutes) > Ban (1 hour) > Ban (2 hours) > Ban (12 hours) > Ban (1 day) > Ban (1 week) > Ban (1 month) > Ban (permanent)
Being offensive/Spamming - Warning1 > Gag/Mute (30 minutes) > Gag/Mute (1 hour) > Gag/Mute (2 hours) > Gag/Mute (12 hours) > Gag/Mute (1 day) > Gag/Mute (1 week) > Gag/Mute (1 month) > Gag/Mute (permanent)
Cheating - Demo of his gameplay, showing it to other admin, if agreed, permanent ban
Exploiting - Warning1 > Ban (30 minutes) > Ban (1 hour) > Ban (2 hours) > Ban (12 hours) > Ban (1 day) > Ban (1 week) Ban (1 month) > Ban (permanent)
Abusing !calladmin - Warning1 > Ban (30 minutes) > Ban (1 hour) > Ban (12 hours) > Ban (1 day) > Ban (1 week) > Ban (1 month) > Ban (permanent)
Non-English Voice Chat -
Warning1 > Mute (30 minutes) > Mute (1 hour) > Mute (2 hours) > Mute (12 hours) > Mute (1 day) > Mute (1 week) > Mute (1 month) > Mute (permanent)
Non-Mature Voice Chat - Warning1 > Mute (30 minutes) > Mute (1 hour) > Mute (2 hours) > Mute (12 hours) > Mute (1 day) > Mute (1 week) > Mute (1 month) > Mute (permanent)
Inappropriate Content - Warning1 > Ban (30 minutes) > Ban (1 hour) > Ban (2 hours) > Ban (12 hours) > Ban (1 day) > Ban (1 week) > Ban (1 month) > Ban (permanent)
Advertising Cheats - Warning1 > Gag/Mute (30 minutes) > Gag/Mute (1 hour) > Gag/Mute (2 hours) > Gag/Mute (12 hours) > Gag/Mute (1 day) > Gag/Mute (1 week) > Gag/Mute (1 month) > Gag/Mute (permanent)
Exposing Admins - Gag/Mute (30 minutes) > Kick > Ban (30 minutes) > Ban (1 hour) > Ban (2 hours) > Ban (12 hours) > Ban (1 day) > Ban (1 week) > Ban (1 month) > Ban (permanent)

Tell me if these punishments are too weak, or too strong and I'll change it.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about? I used to be really toxic back in the day (n), but I changed after will5023 gagged me for 2 weeks, I am really happy I'm not toxic like earlier anymore, I only get kind of triggered when someone calls me a tryhard (I don't know why, because I'm actually tryharding all the time). I donated 21 keys in total to Benedevil, 1 at the end of June and 20 at the middle of October. I hope someone will be as thankful for gagging by me (if this will get accepted) as I'm to will5023. Also, here is my tfstats.tf profile https://tfstats.tf/player/274271

Last edited:

moo

Strange
I looked at other admins application and edited mine, is it ok now? Please, tell me.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I looked at other admins application and edited mine, is it ok now? Please, tell me.

So you don't really need to include all of those warnings. It is great that you think you will be so courteous, but it becomes impossible to track from one admin to another. We typically start with a 30 minute punishment and then double it (approximately) for subsequent infractions. So it would he like 30>60>120 and so on.

moo

Strange
Ok, when I come back to home from school, I'll change it. Thanks for replying :D

EDIT: I'll be back home at like 4 p.m. UTC+1:00

Last edited:

moo

Strange
I edited it just a moment ago, is it correct now? Also, I included Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf in Staff Members that I have spoken to because he told me I can do that.

D

Deleted member 2049

Hello Moo, I'll be taking a look at your app and give my input based on everything altogether -

Your punishment lengths seem to be a little off, something that will most likely change to how most staff usually put it to if you were to get accepted, so I don't really see it as a problem unless it was completely off.

An example of what I mean with "a little off":
Exploiting - Warning1 > Warning2 > Slay/Kick > Ban (30 minutes) > Ban (1 hour) > Ban (2 hours) > Ban (12 hours) > Ban (1 day) > Ban (1 week) Ban (1 month) > Ban (permanent)

You would already give the player two warnings not to exploit, then you would kick them if they do it again which is basically just another warning. It's nice that you want to give people chances but I think the person had enough to stop already so they should've been banned. Like Rob said:
So you don't really need to include all of those warnings. It is great that you think you will be so courteous, but it becomes impossible to track from one admin to another. We typically start with a 30 minute punishment and then double it (approximately) for subsequent infractions. So it would he like 30>60>120 and so on.

As for your past behavior in your chatlogs -
moo1.png

moo2.png

moo3.png
moo4.png
moo6.png
moo7.png

I can tell you weren't kidding by this
I used to be really toxic back in the day (n), but I changed after will5023 gagged me for 2 weeks

Some things in your chatlogs seem to still be fairly new, with everything included in the screenshots dating back to July. It probably would have been better if you waited a little bit longer to post an app to get more familiar with punishment lengths and for most of your chat to be overlooked. I still want to see if anything else comes up and what others may have to say so I will be Neutral for now.

Attachments

• moo5.png
    moo5.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 309

moo

Strange
Thanks for your respond,

I'll delete the Warning2, so the player will have only 1 chance.

When I look at my old chat logs I feel really bad for being that rude. I thought that it's a good time to post my admin application since I stopped being rude in chat about 6 months ago.

EDIT: I'll edit it tomorrow because now I'm on phone and it is nearly impossible to do that on phone :confused:

Last edited:

moo

Strange
Thanks for reply,

I'm trying to not insult others and I think I'm doing pretty good at it, but I thought swearing isn't considered as being toxic. As now I know it is, I'll be trying to use it less.

Also I don't think something from August is recent when it's February.

D

Deleted member 2049

After viewing what rob had to say, including what I have also replied with previously, I don't really think it would be a good idea to give you a staff position with still fairly recent toxicity in your chat logs. As Rob had also stated, it seems to still creep in. I will be changing from Neutral to -Support

I'm trying to not insult others
If you can work on this more and keep a clean chat log history for a while I believe you will have a better chance for a staff position. I get that you would be trying not to insult others, but that's not something you shouldn't try not to do, it's just something you don't do.

moo

Strange
I understand you do not want toxic staff members. If I insult someone I do it without using swearing as I did earlier, now I'm using arguments that make sense. I thought that enough time passed since my bad behavior and my bad chatlogs aren't so recent, because it's been a few months and I'm playing on Blackwonder servers for about 1 year.

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
Your application and punishments in themselves look fine to me, but given what has been displayed and said above I do not think you are mature enough to handle a position in our staff. While the worst things you've said in your chatlog are a while back there are still some fairly bad things that are recent. With that said I will have to give you a -support,
Good luck.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi Moo, I am happy to welcome you to the team. You will be the mod for your beloved UK Highertower. I will be sending you additional information to help you get started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom