Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Map Adder/Updater/Fixer/Removal thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
ADDER
If there is a map you want to see played in our servers, follow these instructions:

1. What's the map's name?

2. What's so good about that map that you want us to add it?

3. Give us a few screenshots about the map so we can see how it looks like.

4. What game mode is that map for?

5. Give us the link to download that map.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
UPDATER
If there is a map that you know that there is an updated version of it, you can give us the link to the map and we will try and add it to the servers rotations. But follow these instructions:

1. what's the map name?

2. what's the updated version of the map's name?

3. tell us what's new in that new version of the map. (if needed)

4. What's the game mode?

5. Give us the link to the updated version of that map.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FIXER
If there is a map that is actually a really good/decent map, but it has a really big flaw(s) in it, that the players can exploit it easily or play in an unfair way against the hale, or the opposite, and you want this map's big flaw to be fixed or you think it could be easily fixed, follow these instructions.

1. what's the map name?

2. What's the part or big flaw does this map has? and how does it affect the gameplay? and how do you suggest us to fix it? (You must show screenshots or a demo of the "area or place" that you think has an issue in the map)

3. is there is an updated version of the map? (if so, give us the link)

4. what game mode is that?

5. give us a way to contact the creator of this map so we can ask him if we can edit it to fix this flaw or will he do it him self. (it would be even better if you contacted the creator and asked him yourself and waited for his response, so it can be easier for us)

6. tell us any more info that you think we need to know.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
REMOVAL
If there is a map you think that should be removed from out servers, follow these instructions:

2. Why should we remove it?

3. is there is an updated version of the map?

4. What's the game mode?

5. tell us other things that we may need to know about that map.(IF needed)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So i thought of this idea because there are really annoying or shitty maps that are in the servers rotations.
and thus it should be removed.
As well as keeping the maps up-to-date so the players can enjoy our servers to the fullest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
try to follow this example:

REMOVAL
1. jail_italia_b1_tf2jail

2. Because it doesn't have minigames... okay it may have some but they are only 7... which is soooo damn small. considering that other maps have around 12 or even more.
As well as it lacks some CORE minigames, like sweeper, 9 squares, fallgame, deathrun and others more...
The only minigames that are in this map are " Theater, Obby, Disco, Pool, a luck minigame, soccer, and a Volleyball which doesn't even work in the first place.
The map is very poorly made, considering that other maps have the mariokart, 9 squares, fall game, sweeper(which is almost in every map), Jump rope, deathrun, etc....

3. No, i have searched gamebanana and TF2maps, and even google... and i couldn't find an updated version of the map.

4.Jailbreak

I hope that this map can be removed as soon as possible.
################################################
Should i put this as a sticky thread? and tag it as "read me" ???

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
hello guys , first of i must say i love your servers .
my favorite map is orange towers.
but i was thinking i you guys can add some more stuff in that map like bumper cars and sentry busters.
plus can you guys add option "!invis" , Because as its a randomiser map sometimes the weapon takes all the screen and typing " !cantsee" only makes it translucent or just make the !cantsee option smaller like "!c" to execute the same function...........................(sry for any grammatical errors)
thanks.

Ummm... not to be an asshole or anything.

But you do realize this thread is to suggest a ""map"" add/update/fix/remove into/from our "" map-list-cycle ""

What you just mentioned is only a suggestion to add something into the map, you could have done so if you just went into suggestions and made a thread about your idea. and it would have got even more attention than putting it in here, as it won't be visible, since not that many people will get a notification that someone posted something in this thread.

You can click ""here"" to go directly to the web-page where you can create a new thread in the suggestions area regarding your idea, in order to make it visible/get more attention.

Also, if you don't mind, it would be great if you deleted your comment about your idea in THIS thread, as well as if it's okay with @Maimix ∆ to delete her/his comment about your idea from this thread and replace it in the thread that you will make regarding your idea in the suggestions area.

Thank your for the positive feedback and great idea and your humble opinion about our community, we hope that you have the best of time playing in our servers.

Good luck, and have fun. ;D

Juju

Juju

Suggestion to add a map

1. vsh_boreal (might change)

2. This is a map I made for another VSH server, but it got shut down right before I finished it. I don't want the hours I used to make the map to be wasted and I play on Blackwonder a lot, so I thought I could suggest it here.
Some things about the map:
- 100% made for VSH gamemode
- Lots of spots for sentry nests
- Lots of elevated surface, ideal for Scouts and Soldiers
- Small map, easy to navigate around it
- Lots of health and ammo packs scattered around the map
- Tall tower in the middle with the control point on top of it

3. Screenshots are included here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886041517

4. VS. Saxton Hale mode (VSH)

5. Keep in mind, this is not the finished version. It is fully playable and the layout is pretty much done, but it is still missing some visual stuff. The map is compiled with low quality lighting too. However you should still be able to decide whether this map is good enough or not. If you accept it, I'll finish the map (should not take long)
.bsp download http://www.mediafire.com/file/ebi88sv0lm49iwd/vsh.bsp
Workshop download http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886041517

D

Deleted member 2120

1. Mann or mouse
2. Its seems really creative and pretty cool.
3. I will have them as thumbnails
4. Jailbreak
5.http://gamebanana.com/maps/196352
NNice.jpg Nice.jpg Pretty cool.jpg

D

Deleted member 2966

Map update & fix
1. Map name: dr_aconian_final
2. Updated map name: dr_aconian_final_fix
3. Bug fixes, especially the ones where death could block entire red team from progressing on the map
4. Game mode: Blackwonder Deathrun
5. I got this map from other server, cuz I couldn't find the version with bugfixes on the internet. Hopefully you won't kill me for that.
6. Map link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0k7NOpX1v0fOG5lMU5mb3lSV1U/view?usp=sharing

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
About the removal
Map: VSH_rats_office. I dont remeber the verison

Mode: freak fortress 2

Reason: its easly exploitable by engineers and its not fun to fight that and that extends the rounds cause the point cannnot be captured

Yeah, an already updated version of it is on all of the other vsh servers, we just need to delete the old version, for some reason it took this long xD.
Anyways, they will be removed soon.

Thanks for your time.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
About the removal
Map: VSH_rats_office. I dont remeber the verison

Mode: freak fortress 2

Reason: its easly exploitable by engineers and its not fun to fight that and that extends the rounds cause the point cannnot be captured

They have been removed from the regions that i have access to, which are:
EU, UK, TX, LA, NY.

If you need anything else regarding this map, just PM me here or on discord.

Rainbow12231

Scarcely Lethal
Also I would like to request a map being added.

It's VSH_Mann_Co_gym
https://gamebanana.com/maps/187751 this is the link for it

The map seems fun and it has positive ratings. It seems a bit big but its a closed map so it can stop people playing bosses that can fly ( cough cough blitz krieg cough cough) It doesnt seems like its easly explotable so it may be fun!

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-22_12-48-15.png
    upload_2017-8-22_12-48-15.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 252

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
Also I would like to request a map being added.

It's VSH_Mann_Co_gym
https://gamebanana.com/maps/187751 this is the link for it

The map seems fun and it has positive ratings. It seems a bit big but its a closed map so it can stop people playing bosses that can fly ( cough cough blitz krieg cough cough) It doesnt seems like its easly explotable so it may be fun!
That looks pretty bland and dark or?

D

Deleted member 2966

Question to the admins: Did noone notice my map update reply? Will this map be updated? Cuz noone answered yet D:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Question to the admins: Did noone notice my map update reply? Will this map be updated? Cuz noone answered yet D:
Map has been added to the regions that i can access which are:
EU, UK, TX, LA, NY.

If you have any questions or need anything else regarding this map or anything really just PM me on the forums or over our blackwonder discord.

Davidtornado

Scarcely Lethal
after all that happend on the TX jailbreak servers idk if i should keep playing on that cuz there is also USA and more

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Removal

arena_ferrous_rc1
Exploit that allows engis to get teles to areas hale can't access
3. Is there is an updated version of the map?
Not to my knowledge, gamebanana's or google's
4. What's the game mode?
Saxton Hale / Freak Fortress 2
5. Tell us other things that we may need to know about that map.
~

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Removal

arena_ferrous_rc1
Exploit that allows engis to get teles to areas hale can't access
3. Is there is an updated version of the map?
Not to my knowledge, gamebanana's or google's
4. What's the game mode?
Saxton Hale / Freak Fortress 2
5. Tell us other things that we may need to know about that map.
~

Done, to all of the regions that i have access to, which are:
EU, UK, TX, LA, NY.

PS: these maps were also deleted from the FF2 servers.

Streptococcus

Strange
Hi, as I said in my previous suggestion thread, some maps need to be updated, removed or added.
So every maps I will talk about are in prophunt servers. A link with all the maps will be provided at the end.

I will try to give a reason behind the removal of a map, but it's hard to estimate if you haven't played it yourself. Although I can use the win ratio as a measurement of the viability of each map. A map is good if the chances of victory are the same for blu and red (with always a slight edge for props tho) and a map is bad if hunters have no chances of finding all the props. I gathered the maps approached in this thread here :
http://i.imgur.com/OBcsooO.png
You can see the difference between good and bad maps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ADDER
There are 3 maps that I know to be great:

1. ph_dockyard_a2_fixed
2. Good ratio of victory, fun map for both sides, nice and unique environment (docks)
3. http://imgur.com/a/Xo9pe

1. ph_dust2_2x2_v2
2. Good ratio of victory, it's a recent map, adapted from Counter-Strike most iconic map "de_dust2".
3. http://imgur.com/a/twux7

1. ph_stormy_feud_b3
2. It's an extension of arena_farm_feud (one of the best map of PH). It's quite nice to play on it. Some players think farm_feud is too small, well this map is for them.
3. http://imgur.com/a/Q0ev9

There are also few maps that I don't particularly know, but seems interesting, they can be added as a test and I will provide feedback in the future:

1. ph_goodwater_v3
2. Prophunt adaptation of pl_badwater, it's nice for people who like a familiar environment ^^
3. http://imgur.com/a/H40ct

1. ph_draft_b1
2. I've only played on it once, but it's quite fun, a small map is always welcome for when the server doesn't have a lot of players.
3. http://imgur.com/a/sNhNk

REMOVAL
1. ph_clocktown
2. Arena mode, not prophunt. Also massive broken textures : http://i.imgur.com/5WlLrIK.png

1. arena_brawl_b1
2. It's a big ass map, with a ton of props and rooms everywhere. Many consider it as one of the worst map of the game.

1. ph_cliffface_b1
2. Really bad win ratio. There are part of the maps in total darkness where props are hard to spot, props can also hide in the trees. The main room with the CP has stairs everywhere which make it really hard for hunters to chase a running scout.

1. ph_otherside_a1
2. Big and dark map, too many props. Bad ratio.

1. ph_cyberpunk_a3
2. Too many broken spots, especially with all the open rooftops. Also broken props.

1. ph_hanger18_b7
2. This map is not sexy, a succession of 3 rooms, few props to hide with, no real chance to escape a hunter.

1. ph_cargo_b7
2. Really bad blu/red win ratio, this map is full of empty containers where props can escape way too easily.

1. ph_warehouse_b1
2. This is the quintessence of w+m1 maps, props are randomized and everywhere in the room, which makes invisible blocks appear sometimes. Also only 1 health pack in the whole map, annoying for both scouts and hunters.

1. ph_timbertown_a3
2. The environment of this map is nice, unfortunately there are too many rooms to check and not enough time.

1. ph_devils_canyon
2. The whole map is suspended above a deadly pit, that killed way too many newcomers ^^ For that it's a funny map, but the overall design is bad. And newcomers keep voting for it because it has "devil" in the name, so it sounds cool... but the map isn't.

(You also saw ph_farm in the screenshot of ratios, but this is quite an iconic map of the game, and I guess some players still like it. The design is good but the map is too wide, making it almost impossible for hunters to win.)
(I haven't seen ph_target is the map pool last time I check, if it's in, you can remove it as well. This map is basically a smaller ph_warehouse, with the same problems : randomized props, 1 health pack for the whole map... + no chance for any prop to run/escape pyros)

UPDATER
1. arena_harvest_v2
2. arena_harvest_v4
3. On the current version of the map, the medium health packs from each house is removed. Which makes this map a pain in the ass for a running prop or just a low health hunter.
See these screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/QfY4W

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Download link : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/za3wlrhoa42nmn1/AACXSv54A3C_4Qwn9C_kxuEma?dl=0

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I'll make those changes as soon as possible, and i'll update you when i finish, it should be done either today or the next two days.
Again, thanks for your time and effort for trying to improve our community and servers.

I gotta say this post is quite sexy!

Until then, have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom