Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Kids over 12 years in voice chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirakia

Positively Inhumane
I have the same stuff going on but for me, i would say 15+ only cause even 12 years old kids tend to have cringy voices

Legendary SpyCrab

Notably Dangerous

Spycrab

at least the matures ones because yes... i have 12 and i would really cant go warden and im mature i dont spam the chat+i got the abrobation from an admin that i can be on the voice chat you can ask PianoFighter :3

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Well the rule is that you have to have a mature voice. I can't really do more. Saying only 12+ people are allowed to join, will not keep people under that age from voice chatting.
There is also no way to verify ages.

Legendary SpyCrab

Notably Dangerous

Spycrab

a voice detector? i know the players voice and the years and i can mute them or gag them but i have to wait to make the admin repply so ye,,,

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
a voice detector? i know the players voice and the years and i can mute them or gag them but i have to wait to make the admin repply so ye,,,
Absolutely absurd to do. You'd have to have a massive database of voices and a self teaching system that can differentiate between voices. This would not only be resource intensive, but absurdly complex.
I believe we provide enough options for players to take matters into their own hands. sm_votemute is globally avaliable, !sm which lets you client mute anyone. If you don't feel like listening to kids, I'd recommend to stay away from jailbreak

Dirakia

Positively Inhumane
Was just going to say what Mouse was going to point out
There are indeed some female players and most of them just tend to sound like 12 year old boys so nah, a Voice Detector is just ... nope xDD

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
I have the same stuff going on but for me, i would say 15+ only cause even 12 years old kids tend to have cringy voices
I take no offence to this, but just saying, I'm 13 (nearly 14) and have been told I said 16 - 20 before. Just saying. c:

Make the voice chat only for the 12 years peoples or more pls the kids are voice spamming all the times PLS
Why should the admins completely BLOCK people below that age, they could have something INTELLIGENT to say (rarely but still), and the other problem is...
There is also no way to verify ages.
I've heard 12 years olds and younger sound more mature then some people, and have more sense. Yes, its a minority, but still, I doubt the rulebreakers / kids in mic will care. And I doubt they will listen to a rule saying ''12+ ONLY'', some people don't even take in mind the other rules. And as Thunderfur / Bene said:
Don't we already have a rule against people with an "immature voice"?
Well the rule is that you have to have a mature voice.
And they don't even read or acknowledge these.

People don't listen to rules, no matter what, and that is the conclusion, thats why admins exist. Hell, when I was one, the kids who were ACTUALLY MATURE AND WEREN'T CRINGY? I didn't mute. But that was just how I did things, didn't see the point to muting someone who was actually smart.
Also, just so you know, you can mute them yourself so YOU can't hear them, very useful. Its called the mute button in the Esc menu.

EDIT: Didn't see this post sorry,
at least the matures ones because yes... i have 12 and i would really cant go warden and im mature i dont spam the chat+i got the abrobation from an admin that i can be on the voice chat you can ask PianoFighter :3
But as I said, can't block out an entire age group, plus It wouldn't work well... or did I say that? Hell, I can't remember at this point.

Last edited:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

How about just mute them personally. But if they go
you are mature even if you sound like a boy i wanted to say that you have to be at least mature to use it if you are not 12+
I just don't like the little kids keep screaming in the mic everytime when they are dying or about to or whatever. #bleedingears

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

How about just mute them personally. But if they go

I just don't like the little kids keep screaming in the mic everytime when they are dying or about to or whatever. #bleedingears
This guy plays jailbreak so that's why...

EDIT: I think he might know about the immature voice rule, I've muted him for this.... I've also muted him for Ghosting and gagged him for Advertising so I think this guy is pretty aware about him breaking that rule and that's why he makes this suggestion...

https://bans.blackwonder.tf/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:140125056&advType=steamid

But all of these are just me assuming things so I might be wrong

Last edited:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

This guy plays jailbreak so that's why...

EDIT: I think he might know about the immature voice rule, I've muted him for this at least twice. I've also muted him for Ghosting and gagged him for Advertising so I think this guy is pretty aware about him breaking that rule and that's why he makes this suggestion...

But all of these are just me assuming things so I might be wrong
Oh I screwed it up, it was supposed to continue "but if they go to jailbreak, that's a different story because they might end up warden and then you are pooped"

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Can we close this thread? We already know that the idea is stupid and as explained multiple times age does not mean a "nice" voice. The agruments will be most likely to be just repeated by now. The best solutions are:
  1. If You are an admin, mute him/her
  2. If you aren't an admin, make a mute vote. If my memory servers me right, everybody should have access to that vote.
  3. If you STILL can't mute him/her, try to contact an admin
  4. If you can't contact an admin.. well, record the thing and upload it somewhere. Make a report afterwards.
So, if everybody agrees and there are no more arguments FOR a "+12 voice chat", then I'll close this thread.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Can we close this thread? We already know that the idea is stupid and as explained multiple times age does not mean a "nice" voice. The agruments will be most likely to be just repeated by now. The best solutions are:
  1. If You are an admin, mute him/her
  2. If you aren't an admin, make a mute vote. If my memory servers me right, everybody should have access to that vote.
  3. If you STILL can't mute him/her, try to contact an admin
  4. If you can't contact an admin.. well, record the thing and upload it somewhere. Make a report afterwards.
So, if everybody agrees and there are no more arguments FOR a "+12 voice chat", then I'll close this thread.

2 is wrong, but you can use !sm or the "mute a player" in your menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom