Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JB needs some tweeks

BeATLinkz

Mildly Menacing
alright I mean its a fun game mode with a lot of cancer but thats not what we are discussing. what we are though is the jb maps need some major tweaks 1. half the time the open or close cells command is incompatible with older maps not a problem with all but some like the Mario maps and mostly imma group these broken or weird maps as the popular maps (I mean the maps that you will see picked 2-4 times a day or more depending on the rtv ratio between the current map and current players. 2. the maps need a little bit of cleaning (dont touch famouz thats shit is perfect) but I mean like maps like snow balls or that wild west map that everyone hates (they need to be redone a lil bit and made more appealing 3.armory the way armory has been used is preety lame I mean some original ideas like space jail or something but I mean do what (forget the name but the one map with the medic lock down and armory lock) not to this scale though but like medic lock down button for hg would be nice on all maps or something of the sort. final point number 14 buger king massacre the last thing you would want on your black wonder server is some one else's massacre but this might be just what you get at your local black wonder jb server. but for real either remove this or make it a lr (solution tp all blues and reds to the maps diner let em duke it out badda bing badda boom thats 4 points im done.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

So what exactly are the problems?

And what exactly is your solution to the problems?

I had a really hard time reading gibberish.

BeATLinkz

Mildly Menacing
1. OOF 2. The problem is that a majority of the maps on job are outdated and need to be cleaned up . Where some fixes are to make changes to the map such as fix buttons or coding that is outdated (cell door command for example)personally an idea that comes to mind is work on patches on the less popular maps so no one complains and to see how the patches work out. Then work on the favorite maps. Or even just some simple map design changes how some maps are either to cluttered,big,or spaced out (like the wild west map)

So what exactly are the problems?

And what exactly is your solution to the problems?

I had a really hard time reading gibberish.
I hope u understand now

D

Deleted member 2049

There would need to be someone willing to do all that in hammer editor. I think the cells thing is possible though.

generaldefence

Unremarkable

NULLPTR

Yeah agreeing with Dusk, majority of the fixes you have stated fall under the map creator's problem, and nothing Blackwonder.tf can do about it. The thing that they can control however is previously stated, the TF2Jail plugin times and problems. I have been talking to Skeleqrow, the map creator of Wildwest, and he stated that he might add some open areas and general changes to the map to make it more appealing.

Ori

Mildly Menacing

Ori

Away
While we are on the topic of jailbreak, I feel I could mention a small issue with lr, that being Midas Day. If there was a way to force lock warden, to prevent blues from having 100% crits, it would be a nice adjustment. It feels very unfair for them to have it, while reds dont.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
While we are on the topic of jailbreak, I feel I could mention a small issue with lr, that being Midas Day. If there was a way to force lock warden, to prevent blues from having 100% crits, it would be a nice adjustment. It feels very unfair for them to have it, while reds dont.
So is 15 reds vs like 4 blues. reeeee. Blues need crits.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Jailbreak needing some tweaks? It's always great to watch people have an epiphany about Jailbreak. I can't find any other megathread relating to feedback regarding Jailbreak so I'll do so here.

Why is there no pre-mic check system? Why can someone join the BLU team without pushing the v (or whatever button you have bound) button for more than a few seconds? I'm sure some players end up permanently guardbanned (policy of not having a mic) because they are unfamiliar with Jailbreak as a gamemode. And no, having your playerbase go to a website to read a list of rules that rivals the Terms of Service of an online website is not foolproof. I think this wouldn't be "the holy grail" that would put a complete end to people joining blu without a mic, but it would help greatly at the very least.

In addition, please please please have basic guard rules (usually: have a mic, don't freekill, don't show favoritism, don't wander off, you must go warden if randomly selected, don't give contradicting orders, give repeats when a red requests for one, etc.) easily accessible in a /rules command. I know there are numerous rules for being a guard, but most Jailbreak servers have those rules as a given that it's almost a universal statute. Someone who has never played on a Blackwonder server before would at least be less likely to be blindsided with a guardban if they knew which rules could match with other Jailbreak servers. It just seems counterintuitive to have a system that enables players to break a rule obliviously that probably wouldn't have happened if some type(s) of safety(s) was/were implemented.

Just my 2 cents.

D

Deleted member 2049

Jailbreak needing some tweaks? It's always great to watch people have an epiphany about Jailbreak. I can't find any other megathread relating to feedback regarding Jailbreak so I'll do so here.

Why is there no pre-mic check system? Why can someone join the BLU team without pushing the v (or whatever button you have bound) button for more than a few seconds? I'm sure some players end up permanently guardbanned (policy of not having a mic) because they are unfamiliar with Jailbreak as a gamemode. And no, having your playerbase go to a website to read a list of rules that rivals the Terms of Service of an online website is not foolproof. I think this wouldn't be "the holy grail" that would put a complete end to people joining blu without a mic, but it would help greatly at the very least.

In addition, please please please have basic guard rules (usually: have a mic, don't freekill, don't show favoritism, don't wander off, you must go warden if randomly selected, don't give contradicting orders, give repeats when a red requests for one, etc.) easily accessible in a /rules command. I know there are numerous rules for being a guard, but most Jailbreak servers have those rules as a given that it's almost a universal statute. Someone who has never played on a Blackwonder server before would at least be less likely to be blindsided with a guardban if they knew which rules could match with other Jailbreak servers. It just seems counterintuitive to have a system that enables players to break a rule obliviously that probably wouldn't have happened if some type(s) of safety(s) was/were implemented.

Just my 2 cents.
Good ideas, but the 1st suggestion is fine how it is. The second suggestion I agree half with. The guard rules are fine as is in my opinion but there should be an easier way to view them or get people to read them so they don't have to complain every time something happens and then they get triggered. Maybe a server message that appears for new connecting players on the server?

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

It's really just common sense to read the rules first, we also used to have a mic check system but it was removed a long time ago

You say that but it still doesn't change the fact that newer players don't instinctively read the rules of a new server. A system like that working flawlessly is a total myth. The preponderance of the new players, who join the server for the first time, are young. Young people, especially younger teenagers, don't want to waste time and read a list of rules that feels like The Odyssey pales in comparison. They want to get right into the action. This includes the guard team where they witness guards having 100% crits when there's a warden. Not to mention that you have to click through multiple links (it's more if you are attempting to learn them on the server) to even reach the page solely consisting of Jailbreak rules. Having a system requiring younger players to have the instinct to read a long and boring page of rules would be about as binding as a wedding in Las Vegas. It would make everyone's day a whole lot easier if you had an automatic gate that prevented a naive player from joining guard unless they know how to even activate their microphones.

Since you had this exact system in place in the past, I must ask. Why was it removed? Was it broken? It's in no way a superfluous annoyance.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Why is there no pre-mic check system? Why can someone join the BLU team without pushing the v (or whatever button you have bound) button for more than a few seconds?
Voicehooks in tf2 have been broken in the JB plugin for a while. The server skips ticks or something when voice verification is enabled.
/rules ---> Jailbreak

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Voicehooks in tf2 have been broken in the JB plugin for a while. The server skips ticks or something when voice verification is enabled.

/rules ---> Jailbreak
JBRules.PNG

My point exactly.
Also, even with HTML MotDs enabled, nothing happens.

EDIT: Sucks about the voicehooks. Is there a way to get someone to program (or correct) the plugin?

Last edited:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom