Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Jaketeal's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
User name: Jaketeal

Name
Jaketeal

Your Age

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID2
Steam_0161099708

Your DiscordID
Ash Shaw#9464

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
TF2, I bounce for alternative gamemodes to primary gamemodes but primarily stick to DR, and JB and CTF maps.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I was debating over it for the past few weeks but at 4AM on this fine Saturday morning did I finally decide to go for it (after attempting to help out some people in #requesthelp). During my limited time I've spent as a donor its voting perks teased the idea of being able to take action into my own hands. but left a bad taste in my mouth know that I couldn't really help the community more than spamming the votekick when a micspammer/hacker/or profoundly racist person joined. Personally my drive for wanting to become a moderator is because I love this community and want others to have the chance to enjoy it to by keep it running with packed servers bot/hacker free.

I certainly don't have an outstandingly long history with the community but I've definitely tired some of the mods and admins with questions, remarks, and comments to get a more general understanding of how the server is run with each of it's individualistic staff doing their roles.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Abaddon

How often do you play TF2?
Currently daily, or every other day depending on my schedule. May be subject to change to a little bit more limited of a schedule soon but with COVID who knows.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
Ideally I do think standing behind your actions shows that you really care about your community. Situationally it'd be handled for specific bans as they were need for instances but regardless they would have a final end result if their actions/attitude doesn't change from a warning. Firmly put if someone is deliberately disobeying the rules of the server then I'd give me a timed out ban. If their behavior doesn't improve and they come back griefing/trolling more BLW servers then they should expect to be banned permanently. An obvious exception that comes to mind is if someone is a known hacker and has been reported several times, it'd go without question to see to terminating their time on the BLW servers

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I am one of the 12% of humans that has dreams specifically in black and white. It's pretty weird. I know this is unrelated but it segways into my other point, I'm slightly protanomaly (Green>Red Colorblindness) so anything to do with coding I am unfit to preform/do.

Also side comment it's remarkable how many people see me as a donor and just expect me to be god tier at the game.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Hebrew though it's very circumstantial, and also I can sorta fluently read Spanish but speaking it is not a strong suit of mine.

Last edited:

NoUx2

Unremarkable
Please go over your punishment ladder as it is lacking in its current state. Please look at accepted applicants and take inspiration from them but it is not ok to plagiarize their work. That steam ID does not work, your steam ID is STEAM_0:1:61099708 how to find it https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=209000244. Lastly, player only has 13 hours of playtime.
ok not bad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom