Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted jailbrerb appel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunny

Rev

Please use the correct format, you can find it on the main page, right side.

Alright. I was under the impression the previous post was a non-standard quick writeup of the format, but I forgot the reason for the punishment and my steam ID.

What was your punishment?
1-Day Jailbreak Ban

What is your SteamID?
WorldEightFour/STEAM_0:0:56383198

Why were you punished?
"Freekilling"

Who has punished you?
Wanka

Why should we revoke your punishment?

This isn't the actual proper appeal but a writeup for my side of the story so the staff can explain in more depth and give me time to write up an appeal.

-People started intruding.
-I had been berating prisoners for quite some time.
-I try to slice an obvious enemy and a person is in the way when I attempt to attack. They die.
-I panic over comms.
-Wanka tries to ask me questions. I did not know they were staff (or was oblivious to having been reprimanded before by them, since them or someone else had firework'd me earlier for a misunderstanding where I did not know airblasts were freehit), but I do (try to) answer.
-During this, I slice up a few people with red miasmas around them, the clouds indicating they have rebelled. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a rebel cloud = instant valid? Some of them did attack
me too.
-A Medic jumps in front of me as I try to flee. Confusing them for an enemy, they die too.
-I get banned shortly after.

I obviously cracked from stress and was unfit for warden duties, but I'm gonna need the other side of the story and a good explanation on what I did wrong besides cutting up rebels and the accidental casualties of two non-rebels BEFORE I write the appeal proper. I had been playing on an unstaffed server run by a different host earlier and do not know all the ins-and-outs, assuming the norms there were okay.

Since the quote, I've actually reviewed the rules. This is more in-depth than I thought, I'm gonna have to rule this all as criminal incompetence and lack of gamemode awareness that can be shrugged off by having the day ban replaced with a week teamban or something.

Last edited:

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

What I saw (and explained to Copyright) was that you ran up into the pool tower in a panic and started attacking anyone who got near to it's doors. You ran down to me after you killed a Medic(?) and attacked me for no reason, which is when I started asking you questions. Again, you panicked and ran out of the tower alongside the pool in an attempt to escape. You run into a Medic jumping out of the water and attack them. Seconds later, you have been banned for a day.

The red cloud does indicate that someone has attacked a guard, but in the case of me and a few others, the Sniper and Spy were baiting us and blocking our path into pool, which is why we attacked/killed them.

The way freekilling has been handled (and that has been explained to me) is that for a minor freekill, the perpetrator is banned for 1 day from the servers. If it's a mass freekill, then they get a week (scales based on previous acknowledged punishments).

bunny

Rev

What I saw (and explained to Copyright) was that you ran up into the pool tower in a panic and started attacking anyone who got near to it's doors. You ran down to me after you killed a Medic(?) and attacked me for no reason, which is when I started asking you questions. Again, you panicked and ran out of the tower alongside the pool in an attempt to escape. You run into a Medic jumping out of the water and attack them. Seconds later, you have been banned for a day.

The red cloud does indicate that someone has attacked a guard, but in the case of me and a few others, the Sniper and Spy were baiting us and blocking our path into pool, which is why we attacked/killed them.

The way freekilling has been handled (and that has been explained to me) is that for a minor freekill, the perpetrator is banned for 1 day from the servers. If it's a mass freekill, then they get a week (scales based on previous acknowledged punishments).

The run to the pool tower was not a panic, but I did want non-guards out of the tower. I was not (at least, not trying to) going for non-rebels, as on the other place I had played it seemed the general condition was rebel = kos.

I can understand the 1-day ban better now, although it isn't optimal, I guess if the actions, no matter how much a product of misunderstanding, are that non-negotiable, it is justified. No disrespect intended.

Last edited:

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I thought I commented on this thread.

Regardless, your ban has already expired, so I will be closing this thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom