Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Jailbreak suggestions and changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

Neal

Let's talk about the changes first to specific rules:

RED TEAM

>No Lethal Taunts

Prisoners should be able to taunt as they'd like, it should be up to the warden himself to say against taunting as a whole.

>
No Blue control rooms or armoury (in terms of freeday)

Freedays should have access to these places, however using the buttons/weapons should be indicative of a loss of their freeday.

BLUE TEAM

>No disguising on Blue team.

Disable the disguise kit on BLUE just like you've disabled invisible watches.

BOTH TEAMS

>No baiting

Baiting should be allowed. If a guard gets into melee distance of a prisoner and they attack the guard, it should count as rebelling, and the prisoner who attacked should be killed.

>No breaking breakables

This rule shouldn't exist, it's really dumb especially if this is a feature of the map.

WARDEN

>No renaming

If the LR is asking the warden of the next round to refer to the prisoners as otherwise, this should be allowed. Otherwise, the rule should be the same.

GUARDS

>"Last Guard kills all"

Dumb rule, not sure why any server has this. If the guard wants to go warden and attempt to control the issue that is the prisoners pushing him, then let him do so. Don't lock warden. (NOTE: this is assuming that the last guard isn't already warden.)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Some suggestions:

Jeopardy shouldn't be limited to a maximum of 3 prisoners. Sure, it might take a while, but if a warden wants to spice things up after playing literally every minigame on the map previously, then let him do so. For example, he could say "first to answer x question correctly will be able to kill x amount of players on the prisoner team" to change it up.

Last Requests should have a longer amount of time to be given. If the prisoner wants to give a custom request, it should definitely be longer, however if the prisoner wants a freeday/anything other than custom LR and delays, then they should have a default of freeday after x seconds.

DIRECT freedays should be limited to 1 person. Special "freedays" should have a maximum of 3 people, and should be limited in some way, e.g. "stay off the grass day for me and someone else".

RED team health and speed should be the same regardless of class. 200 health and 300 hammer units/second.

First round of a new map should not be a team-wide freeday, instead it should be a waiting period of 30 seconds for all players to connect and thus allowing the LR of the last round on the previous map to be done with.

Team-wide freeday after 9:00 in-game time is dumb and should be removed.

Votemute/ban/kick should not be limited to donors, and should have a decent threshold to meet.

Trivia shouldn't be limited to TF2 questions, if someone wants to ask questions not related to TF2, then allow for it.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The rules are already undergoing a refurbish right now, and will probably be wrapped up once the owner gets back.

Many of these suggestions lack some reasoning behind them. Why should baiting be allowed? You might be used to other rules on other servers, but something so prominent such as baiting will most likely not be changed.

The jailbreak servers are very popular, and although we're going through the aforementioned rephrasing and specifying of the current ruleset, there probably won't be any massive edits. Think about the poor players who are used to these rules and then suddenly have to deal with not being allowed to hit baiters.

upload_2017-8-7_21-18-9.png

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Lethal taunts: Since most of the time you are forced to AFK freeze, using a lethal taunt would make you KoS regardless. There are no lethal taunts that are AFK taunts, and even then, the warden has to allow AFK taunting. This also applies to taunting while in transit/moving to another area, you are delaying and would be KoS. Lethal taunts are an attempt to rebel as you are attempting to kill a BLU, whether it's with the heavy taunt, or a scout bat taunt.

BLU control rooms/armoury: Massive no. Entering the armoury is straight rebelling and is always insta-KoS no matter what server you play on, except maybe Skial, I don't know. REDs always enter the BLU side of minigames during a freeday, most guards don't care and ignore this rule except for armoury.

Disguising on BLU: Yes, this needs to be fixed but isn't a huge issue as most disguisers are slain or remove their disguise when told to.

Baiting: Baiting should NOT be allowed on either team. The BLUs have literally no reason to get in the melee range of a RED except to be a nuisance and a pest. Even with the baiting rule we have now, loads of people still do it. I've seen servers that do not have baiting rules and they were in a state of utter chaos each time I connected.

Breaking breakables: This stops REDs from attempting to rebel by escaping undetected. It's up to the BLUs to keep an eye on these breakables. BLUs shouldn't need to break breakable objects and are essentially assisting the REDs. Going through these breakables is also KoS, as the area would otherwise be inaccessible (the shortcut) without breaking through first.

Renaming: No issue with this, although it can become confusing if the LR is something stupid, or the warden decides to start doing REDs, Deads Breds as the order. (I know there's a tricking rule about this, but it might become a way around it)

Last guard kills all: Stops round delaying and allows the remaining guard the opportunity to fight back (without crits).

Trivia: Your suggestion essentially states that "Get this right and I'll get to kill X REDs for points". Trivia is also not purely set to TF2 questions, you can ask whatever questions as long as they are simple. Remember, kids play the game and giving difficult questions makes the game very unfair.

Last requests: They have a timer to stop the round from being delayed, and 30 seconds is more than enough time to input a custom LR.

Direct freedays/special requests
: Seems pointless, can custom request for it. Max people that can get a freeday is 3 people unless a BLU has a carryover freeday. The only way to get more is Freeday for All option, which I believe only has 1 charge.

RED health/speed: This should not be applied. It makes the gamemode stale for prisoners, and removes the unique qualities of each class.

First day freeday: This round IS the waiting period. It allows players that have connected to explore/rebel at their leisure while others finish connecting.

Team-wide freeday after 9: There has to be an allowance time. If no orders are given during the first minute, odds are the REDs have gone across the entire map and it's near impossible to regain order by that time.

Votemute/gag/kick: Should be limited to donators or maybe higher imo. We already see donators abusing these commands from time-to-time, I'd rather not see a swarm of kids spamming these commands because they believe they were freekilled.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

The rules are already undergoing a refurbish right now, and will probably be wrapped up once the owner gets back.

Many of these suggestions lack some reasoning behind them. Why should baiting be allowed? You might be used to other rules on other servers, but something so prominent such as baiting will most likely not be changed.

The jailbreak servers are very popular, and although we're going through the aforementioned rephrasing and specifying of the current ruleset, there probably won't be any massive edits. Think about the poor players who are used to these rules and then suddenly have to deal with not being allowed to hit baiters.

View attachment 2453

Disguising on BLU: Yes, this needs to be fixed but isn't a huge issue as most disguisers are slain or remove their disguise when told to.

Breaking breakables: This stops REDs from attempting to rebel by escaping undetected. It's up to the BLUs to keep an eye on these breakables. BLUs shouldn't need to break breakable objects and are essentially assisting the REDs. Going through these breakables is also KoS, as the area would otherwise be inaccessible (the shortcut) without breaking through first.

Trivia: Your suggestion essentially states that "Get this right and I'll get to kill X REDs for points". Trivia is also not purely set to TF2 questions, you can ask whatever questions as long as they are simple. Remember, kids play the game and giving difficult questions makes the game very unfair.

Last requests: They have a timer to stop the round from being delayed, and 30 seconds is more than enough time to input a custom LR.

RED health/speed: This should not be applied. It makes the gamemode stale for prisoners, and removes the unique qualities of each class.

Votemute/gag/kick: Should be limited to donators or maybe higher imo. We already see donators abusing these commands from time-to-time, I'd rather not see a swarm of kids spamming these commands because they believe they were freekilled.

The "No Lethal Taunting" rule is unnecessary. If we are going to take into account the principles of no baiting (going into an enemy's melee range guard or prisoner), then lethal taunting actually enforces no baiting. It punishes players for baiting (death). The warden can just say "no taunting" which makes this rule pointless. And no, it is not asking to rebel so much as it is telling guards not to bait.

Breakables is a vital part of every Jailbreak map. It makes the game more creative and fun. It also punishes bad guards. The warden could just say no hitting breakables himself. Also, on the chretien map, you have to break a breakable to win "Ghost Hunt".

For all the classes being the same speed, this is essential to help eliminate any potential favoritism to prisoners. It turns minigames like Obby into a "Natural Selection" type of environment that doesn't allow Heavies or other slower classes to complete certain minigames. I don't like the idea that you have to be a certain class like Scout to have no disadvantages. Their speed should be uniform to fix this.

30 seconds is to little for players to make up their minds on what they wish to do for their last request. They might want to kill all guards. I would say increase it to a minute, and once the LR giving segment is completed, then the prisoner should be killed to reduce delays.

And those two right there are the biggest problems. Although each of the ones above are not really needed for change to keep the servers populated as it is already popular. However, "Votemute/ban/kick should not be limited to donors, and should have a decent threshold to meet. " MUST BE CHANGED. Only allowing donors to initiate votes is an impediment to the community's good nature especially in a place like Jailbreak. You shouldn't have to buy your rights to punish people for violating rules. If players abuse it, then issue proper disciplinary action like you would for anyone who abuses it as donors.

The system of "no need to worry because we can just slay them" is an unprofessional way to approach issues. If you don't want BLU players to disguise, then why not disable the Disguise Kit on the guard team just like you have on the prisoner's team? It is indirectly asking for people to break your rules. New players will repeat the cycle and the issue is never resolved even though all that is needed is to add the Disguise Kit to a whitelist.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
the disguise kit used to be unavailable. Something broke and now it's not, but obviously will be fixed again once the owner gets back. Sorry!

no lethal taunt rule is also being reworked, however the problem people had that caused it to be added was the ranged ones, namely 'pootis pow' which prisoners could do undetected within a group of reds and instantly kill and blue player at medium range. In addition, some people used the robot model to hide their lethal taunts as the robot's animations would override the weapon's tauntkill, but the damage trigger would still happen. Again, rework in progress.

At first I was opposed to donor votes too, but it has actually turned out really well. I wouldn't trust any random jailbreak player to vote on whether or not I should be killed for an alleged freekill, but the donators are usually donators because they've already spent some time on the servers and plan to spend more. If they deliberately abuse the votes they obviously lose the privilege immediately. Regular players only have access to /calladmin and /fire, which I think is way more than enough player agency considering jailbreak's average age group.

All classes having the same health/speed removes a lot (all) of the versatility that makes jailbreak fun, do you play spy for a better opportunity to kill unsuspecting blues but have less fighting power in case of cellwars, or do you go sniper to become incredibly dangerous once you get your hands on ammunition? Do you go medic for powerful all-around capabilities but make ammo useless? Our jailbreaks have a nice workaround to slow classes in obby in the form of manual bhop, so all classes can do all obbies on all maps, we've checked.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Without writing an essay it looks like most of the rule changes you suggested are purely written because that's what you want. You don't tell us why we should change things you just say we should because you say "it's dumb." If you gave us a little more to go on as to why we should change these rules it would help.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

You don't tell us why we should change things you just say we should because you say "it's dumb." If you gave us a little more to go on as to why we should change these rules it would help.

I'd have to agree with this.

the disguise kit used to be unavailable. Something broke and now it's not, but obviously will be fixed again once the owner gets back. Sorry!

no lethal taunt rule is also being reworked, however the problem people had that caused it to be added was the ranged ones, namely 'pootis pow' which prisoners could do undetected within a group of reds and instantly kill and blue player at medium range. In addition, some people used the robot model to hide their lethal taunts as the robot's animations would override the weapon's tauntkill, but the damage trigger would still happen. Again, rework in progress.

All classes having the same health/speed removes a lot (all) of the versatility that makes jailbreak fun, do you play spy for a better opportunity to kill unsuspecting blues but have less fighting power in case of cellwars, or do you go sniper to become incredibly dangerous once you get your hands on ammunition? Do you go medic for powerful all-around capabilities but make ammo useless? Our jailbreaks have a nice workaround to slow classes in obby in the form of manual bhop, so all classes can do all obbies on all maps, we've checked.

Didn't realize the disguise kit part was a glitch.

There is a way to disable the Heavy taunt kill and keep the others.

What you said about health/speed up until the bhop part is irrelevant. The classes fighting capabilities would remain unchanged. For instance, going as Scout during FF won't be advantageous given how the hitboxes work. You still have the Medi gun as a Medic, Sniper Rifle as Sniper, knives that only deal 40 damage to teamates as Spy, and so on. Bhopping doesn't change the fact that players are repelled from playing slow classes like Heavy or Soldier on Prisoner thus reducing the versatility more. All I really see most of the time are Medics, Spies, Snipers, Scouts, and Back Scratcher/Powerjack Pyros. Not to mention the majority of players don't know how to effectively bhop in general.

Insomniac

Neal

>No breaking breakables

This rule shouldn't exist, it's really dumb (clarification: from blizz's post above: Breakables is a vital part of every Jailbreak map. It makes the game more creative and fun. It also punishes bad guards. The warden could just say no hitting breakables himself. Also, on the chretien map, you have to break a breakable to win "Ghost Hunt".) especially if this is a feature of the map.

Team-wide freeday after 9:00 in-game time is dumb (clarification: Delays the round even longer for little to no reason. While I'm not sure of a better way to handle this besides maybe having another warden be force chosen, having a team-wide freeday for the rest of the round -in my opinion- does not seem like the best way to go through with it. )and should be removed.

First day freeday: This round IS the waiting period. It allows players that have connected to explore/rebel at their leisure while others finish connecting.

In my experience, first day freeday just seems to waste a round completely and nullify the LR from the last round of the previous map for justifiably no reason. The round itself can last quite some time if there is a decent amount of players on the server before the initial start of the round, when a simple 30 second wait time could continue the previous LR AND have a decent amount of players to do the activity itself.

Last edited:

emu

Sufficiently Lethal
Let's talk about the changes first to specific rules:

>No Lethal Taunts

Prisoners should be able to taunt as they'd like, it should be up to the warden himself to say against taunting as a whole.
I would agree with this, however, heavys lethal has a range, long enough to hit people who aren't baiting.

>No disguising on Blue team.

Disable the disguise kit on BLUE just like you've disabled invisible watches
I believe it is disabled, it might be glitched though, I've seen other people have it. Also, YER exists.

>"Last Guard kills all"

Dumb rule, not sure why any server has this. If the guard wants to go warden and attempt to control the issue that is the prisoners pushing him, then let him do so. Don't lock warden. (NOTE: this is assuming that the last guard isn't already warden.)

yeah i agree for the most part

RED team health and speed should be the same regardless of class. 200 health and 300 hammer units/second.

I feel like having the different classes makes jailbreak more fun than it would be with this suggestion, like, "Woah, you gotta watch out for scouts because they can run fast, and you can easily kill them" and, "Yeah, heavies aren't that fast, but if the can bhop, it can be hard to kill them". It just makes the game more fun for me tbh.

Team-wide free day after 9:00 in-game time is dumb and should be removed.

Not really

Votemute/ban/kick should not be limited to donors and should have a decent threshold to meet.

It is? At least i think so.
>No breaking breakables

This rule shouldn't exist, it's really dumb especially if this is a feature of the map.

It makes sense to me. Breaking breakables on red is just KOS as it leads to escapes, and breaking stuff on blue is almost favoritism, or it's at least helping the reds, which isn't good.

First round of a new map should not be a team-wide freeday, instead it should be a waiting period of 30 seconds for all players to connect and thus allowing the LR of the last round on the previous map to be done with.

First-day freeday is helpful though, and it's fun OwO.

also baiting is really important k thanks bye

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
I'm not a jailbreak player, but I still need to say this: (Note, it is evening and I will not brother going too deep)

Currently, I am against giving everyone the right to votekick, even votemute and votegag. My reasoning from the past stays still true: It is too abuse able. We would have way more reports about people misusing this feature than reports about people doing other stuff. Have you ever seen a normal vote? It usually only has yes and no, yes it at "1" and no is at "2". Most people immediately press "1". You can watch some of Wolf's old youtube videos where he does votes and the majority of people always pressed 1, regardless what it said. So we would need to rework the vote system. And even then it is far from being actually helpful. If you are annoyed by constant rule-breakers, you can do the following:
  • Become a donator
  • Record it and file a report
  • Use !calladmin
  • Use Discord for quick response
  • Befriend an admin who is active on your server and immediately report it to them
I am and probably will be in the future against giving player x the right to votegag/mute. Thou I am not opposed to try it out on a smaller scale, if possible.

(My reply is so lazily written even I can't believe it)

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

I'm not a jailbreak player, but I still need to say this: (Note, it is evening and I will not brother going too deep)

Currently, I am against giving everyone the right to votekick, even votemute and votegag. My reasoning from the past stays still true: It is too abuse able. We would have way more reports about people misusing this feature than reports about people doing other stuff. Have you ever seen a normal vote? It usually only has yes and no, yes it at "1" and no is at "2". Most people immediately press "1". You can watch some of Wolf's old youtube videos where he does votes and the majority of people always pressed 1, regardless what it said. So we would need to rework the vote system. And even then it is far from being actually helpful. If you are annoyed by constant rule-breakers, you can do the following:
  • Become a donator
  • Record it and file a report
  • Use !calladmin
  • Use Discord for quick response
  • Befriend an admin who is active on your server and immediately report it to them
I am and probably will be in the future against giving player x the right to votegag/mute. Thou I am not opposed to try it out on a smaller scale, if possible.

(My reply is so lazily written even I can't believe it)

I am glad that you are trying to rework the current system and thankful just like the rest of the community. One suggestion would be to completely remove the menu vote and have it entirely done by chat. It's going back to basic technology of typing in /votekick /votegag or /votemute and requiring at least 75% of all the players in the server to initiate action. For instance, typing in /votemute and selecting the player on the menu list for the first time would display in the chat something like: [playerwhotyped] has voted to mute/kick/gag [playerselected]. Votes: 1/ [totalnumberofplayers*.75]). I am not sure how you are planning on sorting this, but I do believe my suggestion would be reduce abusability more than the current system.

I am still against the principle that donors are the only ones to be given the ability to issue disciplinary action against other players. Although, Recording files, sending reports, using !calladmin, etc are wonderful features, players generally prefer instant responses The Jailbreak mod as a whole revolves around impatience and would instinctively go to the quickest response which would be to vote someone allegedly breaking rules. There is no way to change this meta of "reporting" wrongdoers.

Overkill

a byte
First off, baiting is a big part of jb. I've played Jb for about 2 and a half years total and all I can say about baiting is that if we didn't have it, the server's would die super fast because no one likes the idea of a blue constantly going up to a red and harassing the crap outta of them. Also, if the baiter is lagging and is touching the baitee (guy who's being baited), baitee would lag as well (this is from experience). What I'm trying to say is that if your a red and there is this blue who is constantly in your face for the entire round, trying to get you to hit them so they can rack up some kills for their contract, it's outrageously unfair for reds. It's simply suicide to remove baiting from jailbreak. It is a part of it. (Also if baiting was disabled on both sides, there would be so much controversy on "who baited first")

Last thing, Why have little kids or try-hard douches decide when to cast a vote to mute/gag/kick a player because they feel warden or guard is "incompetent" or "I don't like the sound of his attitude" or "FREEKILLL FREEKILLL FREEKILLLLL!!!" Almost every time I go on a jb server there is always some little kid (you know he is little when you see a name with no capitalization and periods ex. jane.doe (looks like a damn virus scam link)) who is looking around in his cell after warden said go on the yellow line 3 times, and when he dies the first thing he squeaks is "Fweekill", and then screams it until he gets muted or gagged. Do you want people like this in charge of muting/gagging/kicking so anyone can fall prey to the noob who happened to find this server from a link in a casual match? Also most of the people who donate are long-timers and people who love the community as a whole and want to see it be better. I mean, that's why I donate. Maybe I'm the wrong person to be talking about this, but still my explanation's are concrete. And almost everyone here is saying the same thing. Plus there are many other options that help people who aren't donor, the ones mentioned by Lazy Panda. Consider joining discord and if you need help go to #requesthelp and surely someone is on, be it admin or donor (most of the time). I'm online most of the day, just add me and call me for god's sake (although and admin is usually always better for the harder stuff, be it banning a mfk'er or muting a mic spammer for more than 30 minutes. I'm the weaker alternative). Also if you're a donor and are abusing the votemute/gag/kick, it's simple. Admin takes away your donor. Done and done. Don't worry about a donor slaying you, cause he won't have it if he was wrong. Also, when a donor is wrong, mute/gag/kick votes are short and less painful then the dreaded: Sourcecomm++ You've been permabanned. reason "overkilled" (I made this up).

This looks sloppy. Sorry.

Last edited:

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Last thing, Why have little kids or try-hard douches decide when to cast a vote to mute/gag/kick a player because they feel warden or guard is "incompetent" or "I don't like the sound of his attitude" or "FREEKILLL FREEKILLL FREEKILLLLL!!!" Almost every time I go on a jb server there is always some little kid (you know he is little when you see a name with no capitalization and periods ex. jane.doe (looks like a damn virus scam link)) who is looking around in his cell after warden said go on the yellow line 3 times, and when he dies the first thing he squeaks is "Fweekill", and then screams it until he gets muted or gagged. Do you want people like this in charge of muting/gagging/kicking so anyone can fall prey to the noob who happened to find this server from a link in a casual match? Also most of the people who donate are long-timers and people who love the community as a whole and want to see it be better. I mean, that's why I donate. Maybe I'm the wrong person to be talking about this, but still my explanation's are concrete. And almost everyone here is saying the same thing. Plus there are many other options that help people who aren't donor, the ones mentioned by Lazy Panda. Consider joining discord and if you need help go to #requesthelp and surely someone is on, be it admin or donor (most of the time). I'm online most of the day, just add me and call me for god's sake (although and admin is usually always better for the harder stuff, be it banning a mfk'er or muting a mic spammer for more than 30 minutes. I'm the weaker alternative). Also if you're a donor and are abusing the votemute/gag/kick, it's simple. Admin takes away your donor. Done and done. Don't worry about a donor slaying you, cause he won't have it if he was wrong. Also, when a donor is wrong, mute/gag/kick votes are short and less painful then the dreaded: Sourcecomm++ You've been permabanned. reason "overkilled" (I made this up).

While I agree somewhat with what you said about baiting, this right here is what's a hindrance to the community. Donors should not be given any rights to issuing disciplinary actions because it is ludicrous system to allow people to pay for miniature admin no matter what server it is. Donors are not always veterans and know the servers inside out. Some people donate solely for the voting powers...I've seen it happen countless times. For instance, there was a player who only started playing a few days before donating and issued a votemute on a competent warden for no reason and left afterwards. Players should donate to support the community, not to obtain voting powers. Simple "taking it away" from abusers does not change the fact that you still have to donate to be able to do something. It has already been proven earlier in this thread that players instinctively press 1 even without looking at what's being decided. Like I said, players on a gamemode like Jailbreak are impatient. There is nothing you can do about this, it's just the way community servers are. Given that you guys have a ton of servers and limited staff members to respond quickly, I would strongly recommend implementing what I suggested above on having a vast majority of the server decide on the verdict.

Last edited:

Overkill

a byte
Still, you're avoiding the big question which is, "Is allowing a public server vote healthy for the server?" Votemute/gag/kick is abuse able if its free to the public. (little kid example abusing it because he thinks someone free killed him) This is a pretty hard topic, but think about it. Do you trust a donor who has read the rules and applys the rules to a server, or someone on red who just joined and is familiar with other jb rules, and when he gets freekilled for not reading rules he simply types /voteslay and boom? On the other hand, when a donor abuses it, like the one you mentioned, then they will have their donor revoked. Why spend money on only donor powers to abuse when you know they will be taken away from you if you violate the terms? There are terms to read before you pay. Unless the server can implement a system where votemute/gag/kick can't be exploited to someones favor because he doesn't like something (personal feelings), then donors are the best alternatives. Also, pressing 1 instinctively is something that should change, but understand that it's easier said then done. Also, when a donor does a vote, they have to give a reason for it. Donor's don't do votes because they hate people, it's because no one reads the rules. Think of votemute/gag/kick as a slap on the wrist, instead of a slap on the face from an actual admin. It teaches those who haven't read the rules to read the rules. Simple as that. Also, donors have larger tabs put on them and the server takes donor abuse seriously. If you see a donor abusing you, simply create a demo or take screenshots of chat. Send them through the report system here on the forums, and admins will look into it. Most likely the donor will have his donor powers revoked.

Basically, why let 30 random players with random experiences manage a server when you can have 2 donors who are trusted by the server to uphold and operate it? Also not everyone is a light spender. No one buys donor, does something wrong, gets revoked, and does it all over again.

At first I was opposed to donor votes too, but it has actually turned out really well. I wouldn't trust any random jailbreak player to vote on whether or not I should be killed for an alleged freekill, but the donators are usually donators because they've already spent some time on the servers and plan to spend more. If they deliberately abuse the votes they obviously lose the privilege immediately. Regular players only have access to /calladmin and /fire, which I think is way more than enough player agency considering jailbreak's average age group.

Viking said it best.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Still, you're avoiding the big question which is, "Is allowing a public server vote healthy for the server?

Actually, I think it is healthier to have a system where the entire server decides whether someone was in the wrong. You are misinterpreting my suggestion entirely. A menu vote wouldn't appear. It would display in the chat something like: [playerwhotyped] has voted to mute/kick/gag [playerselected]. Votes: 1/ [totalnumberofplayers*.75]). If someone was abusing it, then other players would have a better instinct in not voting as much as they would just hit 1 to make the donor vote menu go away. The players can then tell the "someone on red who just joined and is familiar with other jb rules" why he was in the wrong and make the situation less chaotic. I forgot to mention the votes would reset within a certain time to prevent players from being left "abused voted". It is also less frustrating for the warden as well. There have been times were votes were blocking the warden menu and lead to round disruptions as a result (ff/collisions being left on when warden dies and new warden cant turn it off).

Do you trust a donor who has read the rules and applys the rules to a server

Actually no. Being a donor does not mean that you have read the rules so much that people pressing "I Agree" on Apple's Terms of Service has actually read the entire Terms of Service. And no, simply removing their donor perks doesn't stop more people from repeating it in the future.

Why spend money on only donor powers to abuse when you know they will be taken away from you if you violate the terms? There are terms to read before you pay.

You'd be amazed on what people are willing to do for power regardless of spending money. It's not just one single person. It's a trend.

Unless the server can implement a system where votemute/gag/kick can't be exploited to someones favor because he doesn't like something (personal feelings)

There is a system already in place. It's the player base itself. No matter what age, the entire server will never share the same opinion on "personal" topics. Personal topics don't include anything related to server rules.

Also, pressing 1 instinctively is something that should change, but understand that it's easier said then done.
That's what we are discussing. I already presented a solution that would minimize abuse and still allow the players to have some resemblance of being apart of a community. The situation of "they have to give a reason for it" is not only false, but extremely vague if they do decide to give a reason. You know you have seen blank votes for gag/mute/kick go through and succeeded. I know it's easier said than done because its already been done across other community servers, and has proven to be effective to a large player base.

It teaches those who haven't read the rules to read the rules
Except that it doesn't. Even if they decide to keep the current system, they needed to explain why it was a "freekill" or "ghost" than simply just put one word down. It doesn't allow other players to think "Why is this person being voted" and pressures them into joining the bandwagon. This is why you see votes fail once in a blue moon. The player in the wrong won't learn their lesson the best way possible and instead have to waste staff members time on something that could easily be fixed on its own.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

No Lethal Taunts:
It doesn't really matter if lethal taunts are auto KOS or not. I prefer that they are, and it's solely the players fault if they accidentally lethal taunt.

No BLU Control Room Access (for freedays):
Letting any RED in there can lead to issues with collisions, especially a freeday. Can't hurt them, and can't slay them unless a donator or admin is online. It's better to just keep them out entirely.

No Disguising on BLU:
It broke, because everything we have is flimsy and breaking apart over the summer. It should be redisabled when Bene gets back.

No Baiting:
It's staying. I don't want BLU's blocking my fucking path when I'm trying to move along and have no valid reason to make them move out of my way. It's a major rule that's been in Jailbreak for god knows how long, and it's not being removed simply because you want to throw Mad Milk and skull fuck RED's with no consequence.

No Renaming:
Renames are confusing and usually the same shit. "All prisoners are renamed to BLU's", "all prisoners are renamed to sex hahahah lol", "all prisoners are renamed to yellows", et cetera. Rather keep it out.

LGKA:
If the last BLU wants to be warden, they'd do so as quickly as possible and not wait the full 10 seconds until warden locks. If they don't want to go warden, they don't choose to go warden and it thrusts them into LGKA (excluding on first day freeday and the Freeday for All LR).

Jeopardy:
I agree that it shouldn't be restricted to 3 players, but having any more than that would extend the round an unbearable amount, what with the warden coming up with asinine trick questions and the RED team constantly Googling the answers.
Jeopardy isn't limited to TF2 questions, though it should be. Having to deal with the Warden pulling out A-level math questions or history on a bunch of 11 year olds doesn't seem anywhere near fair.

LR:
It's their own fault if they take too long to choose their LR or freeday buddies. As long as the next round doesn't start and everyone isn't respawned however, a prisoner can still input their custom LR.

"Direct" freedays:
I have no idea what you're babbling on about.

Freeday due to Incompetent/Lack of Warden:
Sitting around for 5 minutes doing nothing whilst the warden tries to make an understandable sentence is not fun, and people will leave quite quickly if all they're doing is sitting in spawn doing nothing. The freeday at 9:00 solved this by allowing RED's to run off and do as they like, specifically rebelling in order to hurry the round up and hopefully get a much more competent warden in the next round.

No limit to Donor Votes:
Terrible idea. Fuck off.

Most of your suggestions boil down to "wahhhh they're dumb remove em pl" with you giving no explanation as to why they should be changed unless directly asked. I can agree with some, like the first Jeopardy suggestion and fixing disguise kits, but everything else would do more harm than good in the long run to be honest. Especially unrestricted donor commands.

Insomniac

Neal

[...]

No limit to Donor Votes:
Terrible idea. Fuck off.

Most of your suggestions boil down to "wahhhh they're dumb remove em pl" with you giving no explanation as to why they should be changed unless directly asked. I can agree with some, like the first Jeopardy suggestion and fixing disguise kits, but everything else would do more harm than good in the long run to be honest. Especially unrestricted donor commands.

So after explaining some of the issues that others have asked for me to re-explain, I've realized that there were some things that you guys aren't going to change, and that's fine. But continuously fighting for donor ONLY votes because "muh money" is the dumbest fucking shit I've heard from community staff in some time. You all are just stuck up in your little bubble, saying that "donors would never abuse that" and assuming there are even donors on the fucking server in the first place, basically FORCING people to become donor to even have a small chance to get the idiots that aren't following your set rules out of the server/banned from the guard team. After the numerous suggestions from Blizz to change the voting system from a pop-up to a simple vote in chat using /vote(mute)/(kick)/(ban) to PREVENT abuse and not have people just press the nearest button just so they can get the menu off the screen, you all continue to say "nooo, because people would abuse it and I've never fucking actually gone to a server that uses it because I'm too busy jerking myself off in my own servers!". You're all money whores who just completely have no idea what it's like to get out of your little box of a community and stay put with your shitty default server commands.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

The administrators of this community do this service for free, you realise that right?

The only one that makes money is Benedevil, which he then puts back into the community to keep it running.

The statement you just posted is a bunch of garbled rage bullshit because you haven't gotten your way.
I've seen servers with public votes and they're abused non-stop. The donators of the community, and there are a fair few, actively use their donator powers to aid the server when administrators are not available, or immediate action needs to be taken.

In this case for Jailbreak, votemutes count as a 30min teamban as you cannot join BLU if you are muted.
Votebans are not available to donators as far as I am aware.

In any case, you've spewed pointless rage into a suggestion thread that was already off to a bad start because you called certain rules "dumb" when they actually make sense to everyone but YOU.

If you put some time into the community instead of appearing on the forums from nowhere, you might've had a bit more insight before typing your last shitty post.

Edit: One last thing: "Fighting for donator votes"? We're defending it because it's proven to work on this community. You're fighting to have it revoked and changed to fully public which everyone so far, except Blizz who I believe is your friend, thinks is a bad idea.

D

Deleted member 2120

Why should everyone on the red team have the same health and speed? That will talk all variation out of rebelling.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

1. Allowing votes to be started by the public could be catastrophic. If we allow random people with varying attitudes and visions of the rules to mute and teamban by proxy, then there could be several unjust mutes, kicks, gags and so on. That would mean more reports, more appeals and more people leaving the community because they're sick of being abused.
  • 1.5. I don't get paid for being an admin or when someone donates, Benedevil does. Everything I've gained worth monetary value in this community was from either fair giveaways or from people on the servers thanking me with items. In total, it'd be about £4 of value.
2. I have never said "donors will never abuse their powers" or anything close to that in my comment. I've seen plenty of vote abuse before I was even an admin, so why would I think that letting the entire server use those commands would be a good idea?
3. If a donor or admin isn't on the server, you can call them from Discord. If you don't get immediate attention from a call in Discord, record them in a .dem file and make a report.
4. Refer to point 1.
5. Of course I haven't been on a server that utilities voting like that, because I can't find one that would operate like that, because it would be fucking stupid. I play on BLW, PBFortress, skial and occasionally Panda. None of them have this open-to-the-public voting system because refer to point 1.
6. Refer to point 1.5.

Closing the thread due to the childish behavior of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom