Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Jailbreak Rules: A couple of suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

So I've been reading through the new jailbreak rules and there's a couple things I think could be better pleas note I'm not saying the rules are bad, they're good but everything can be better.

So first off: No baiting rule so, here's it says "No baiting: Provoking Prisoners to attack you or rebel by getting in melee range of a Prisoner on purpose, using projectiles, jarate, stickybombs" So what bugs me here is No using projectiles rule, no jarate and no stickybombs because. First of all jarate and stickybombs are already projectiles.
So that's kinda double. Also the no projectiles part is pretty faque since as of now it says you can't use any projectiles ever. So that includes: rockets, huntsman bolts, crosbow bolts, scout balls, mad milk, jarate, grenades/pills, sticky bombs and some other things. A full list here: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Projectiles#Projectiles
So I think it should be more detailed and explained what really ment here.

So next point:
Again no baiting rule "or anything else that can be considered baiting" Really anything else that could be even considered baiting this is gonna cause a lot of confusion

Another point:
"Be willing to play warden: Don’t get on the Blue Team if you don’t want to be Warden, you can only do !uw if you have been Warden in the last 3 rounds and you have to give out real orders every other time you are Warden. You can’t be giving ‘Random Free day’ every time you are Warden." This rule is hard to enforce and also will let you lose a lot of people who don't want to be warden but just want to help out the warden since (s)he is having a hard time. Which I think people who just want to help is fine but this isn't really a big point...

Some more things:
"No delaying: Delaying on purpose to stall the game by hiding and not doing anything." I would say pretty faque and also as soon as you do something you're not delaying? For example just rocket jump around the map not caring about anything and letting the round go on forever, shouldn't that be delaying to?

"Taunt freeze: Equal to AFK freeze but you can use a non-lethal and non-moving taunt." Very vaque and when I asked Miyu what she ment by this and if for example doing default taunts like the pyro stock melee taunt was afk taunting, she answered no since the pyro is moving with his hands to play air guitar and this is moving, but Rancho relaxo is afk since well the engineer is only moving his hands to drink a beer... So this is very vague and doesn't make any sense to me.

Please note I'm not hating on the rules but I just think they need a lil improvement...

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

1. No baiting rule was made because new players tend to kill Prisoners who hit them when they go stand in the Prisoners their melee range. Since there is a baiting policy, it's best to write it down. We describe what we define as baiting to have people understand. We also added that there are probably other things that can be considered baiting to prevent people from saying "oi, it's not in the description and therefore i can do it".

2. Because Blue team is limited places, we want people there with a mic and that want to be Warden. Otherwise you have 5 out of 6 players unwarden everytime and the sixth player doesn't want to be Warden all the time. Then there are Prisoners who do want to be Warden but they can't fetch that spot on the Guard team because it's full already. When there are 16 prisoners and 3 guards where 1 does not want to be warden, we will let it be untill other players start joining. We don't ban them if they don't become warden, we just put them to red to give other players a chance if it's really being a pain by non-stop freedays because of it. It's called "seen in perspective".

3. If you are just rocket jumping around, then you are not doing anything either. Because gameplay requires you to do things. If you are rocket jumping around on a freeday, nobody minds, but the moment you are Last Guard (not Warden), you have to kill all reds anyway. It's just a description given again on what we define delaying mainly.

4. AFK taunt is where you only press the taunt once and it stays doing it. if you need to press the button x-times to keep doing that taunt, it's not an afk taunt. You know AFK is AWAY FROM KEYBOARD right? In dutch "WEG VAN TOETSENBORD" which means, you are not supposed to press a key because if you do press a button, that means you are not afk. I explained this before aswell.

You are not hating on the rules, you just don't bother to understand and try to find things to bitch about. Like the very first thing you said when you saw the thread was "there is no rule against freekilling or freehitting" when it was clearly there.. Try to read, try to listen because i'm really not in the mood to keep repeating and explaining it all over and over again.. I'm done with that.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

1. No baiting rule was made because new players tend to kill Prisoners who hit them when they go stand in the Prisoners their melee range. Since there is a baiting policy, it's best to write it down. We describe what we define as baiting to have people understand. We also added that there are probably other things that can be considered baiting to prevent people from saying "oi, it's not in the description and therefore i can do it".

2. Because Blue team is limited places, we want people there with a mic and that want to be Warden. Otherwise you have 5 out of 6 players unwarden everytime and the sixth player doesn't want to be Warden all the time. Then there are Prisoners who do want to be Warden but they can't fetch that spot on the Guard team because it's full already. When there are 16 prisoners and 3 guards where 1 does not want to be warden, we will let it be untill other players start joining. We don't ban them if they don't become warden, we just put them to red to give other players a chance if it's really being a pain by non-stop freedays because of it. It's called "seen in perspective".

3. If you are just rocket jumping around, then you are not doing anything either. Because gameplay requires you to do things. If you are rocket jumping around on a freeday, nobody minds, but the moment you are Last Guard (not Warden), you have to kill all reds anyway. It's just a description given again on what we define delaying mainly.

4. AFK taunt is where you only press the taunt once and it stays doing it. if you need to press the button x-times to keep doing that taunt, it's not an afk taunt. You know AFK is AWAY FROM KEYBOARD right? In dutch "WEG VAN TOETSENBORD" which means, you are not supposed to press a key because if you do press a button, that means you are not afk. I explained this before aswell.

You are not hating on the rules, you just don't bother to understand and try to find things to bitch about. Like the very first thing you said when you saw the thread was "there is no rule against freekilling or freehitting" when it was clearly there.. Try to read, try to listen because i'm really not in the mood to keep repeating and explaining it all over and over again.. I'm done with that.

The main point also the first point isn't even answered here. Also I'm not saying I'm disagreeing with the rules I'm just saying some of it is vaque.

Let's be honest here when is blu team actually filled with people so people can't join, never expect for the times people without mics join.

The third point makes not a lot of sense since I'm just repeating what's in the rules. So rocketjumping isn't "hiding and doing nothing" like said in the rules.

Fourth point: If you do a real afk taunt like a high five you press the taunt button "x" times too. Since "x" is litterally anything.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Also before this thing becomes another clusterfuck of an argument I'd like to say I'm not trying to bitch on the rules just trying to make it better I even considered asking someone else to make this thread since I didn't want to get treated like this. And that I'd get spammed by Miyu that I'm just trying to bitch about the rules which I'm not I'm just to make it better, But I thought this could be handled as adults don't make me regret this decision

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

It's not vague, it's just explaining what can be considered baiting and that there are probably few others we missed out but that people know what baiting means.

And I played enough on Jailbreak for it to happen, not just of the ratio being 1 guard per three prisoners but it happens enough. It happens frequently our time past midnight on NY server.

Rocket jumping is doing nothing as you are not doing anything that the game requires.. it's just like as a guard goes playing jackpot on that one map (cant remember name atm). It's pointless and not making any progress, therefore : DOING NOTHING.

AFK taunt is you do a taunt and then you don't press any keys, you can litterly walk away from your keyboard and the taunt will still be there.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Also before this thing becomes another clusterfuck of an argument I'd like to say I'm not trying to bitch on the rules just trying to make it better I even considered asking someone else to make this thread since I didn't want to get treated like this. And that I'd get spammed by Miyu that I'm just trying to bitch about the rules which I'm not I'm just to make it better, But I thought this could be handled as adults don't make me regret this decision
The reason why I say it is because we discussed some already on discord, where you were too busy to find stuff in the thread to bitch about. FIVE admins agreed on the thread that it was clear and understanding. I even showed some non-jailbreak players if they understand (ish) jailbreak with this info and they said yes.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Also I've asked a couple of people on their opinion and if they think its vaque and they thought it was...
One of my favorite quotes is "This thing has more contradictions than actual points"

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

There is a limited amount of characters you can use on a single post. It is pretty clear what Afk taunt freeze means. And if not from the first time knowing, you learn just as quick like what obby means if you are new.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

And also, I asked people aswell what they think. I did not put words in their* mouth. They liked it. Then i asked them which version was better and they all said our version was cleaner and more understandable than yours. Stop bitching about your thread being removed. Should not have changed the rules that often and it wouldnt have happend. Also if you read yours, there were contradictions in it aswell. LOL

Last edited:

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

There is a limited amount of characters you can use on a single post. It is pretty clear what Afk taunt freeze means. And if not from the first time knowing, you learn just as quick like what obby means if you are new.
Incorrect. People argue a lot and I do mean a lot, about what is and isn't an AFK taunt. For example: Is the kazotsky kick afk frozen? And these rules simply don't tell that and thus there's gonna be a lot of people who are confused. So once again I'm not saying I don't agree with the rules I just think they're really vaque and they need to be more detailed.

But hey you'll shit talk litterally anything I say and say it's a lie.
Even if I say. "Hey 1+1=2" you will still not agree with me.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

afk taunt freeze = away from keyboard = you repetitive pressing a key is not afk and your character moving forward = not frozen... how clear can i be.. people who are new haven't come to the rules here on the forum mostlikely and they will ask what it exactly is, the others will keep asking even though they know what it is, just like you did with "idk where this minigame is" while you clearly do as a regular..

I don't shit talk everything you say if it's something correct like 1+1=2 ... But atm, not just me alone but some others think you wanna bullcrap about anything possible and we are getting tired of it..

And ye, you got a reputation of lying and your chatlog proves it.. Blaming me for your demotion? saying you didn't do much wrong but adding a "common sense rule" and "perm banning mass freekillers"... Dude, you did way more shit than that.. And I didn't got you demoted by making everyone hate you, you did that perfectly just fine on your own.. Especially by telling LegendarySpyCrab that the entire admin team hates him when nobody does.. We just think he is kind off young, his english needs to be improved and his reports need to improve... Clearly someone was salty when he got demoted for ADMIN ABUSE and NOT TELLING THE FULL TRUTH and few other things.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

afk taunt freeze = away from keyboard = you repetitive pressing a key is not afk and your character moving forward = not frozen... how clear can i be.. people who are new haven't come to the rules here on the forum mostlikely and they will ask what it exactly is, the others will keep asking even though they know what it is, just like you did with "idk where this minigame is" while you clearly do as a regular..

I don't shit talk everything you say if it's something correct like 1+1=2 ... But atm, not just me alone but some others think you wanna bullcrap about anything possible and we are getting tired of it..

And ye, you got a reputation of lying and your chatlog proves it.. Blaming me for your demotion? saying you didn't do much wrong but adding a "common sense rule" and "perm banning mass freekillers"... Dude, you did way more shit than that.. And I didn't got you demoted by making everyone hate you, you did that perfectly just fine on your own.. Especially by telling LegendarySpyCrab that the entire admin team hates him when nobody does.. We just think he is kind off young, his english needs to be improved and his reports need to improve... Clearly someone was salty when he got demoted for ADMIN ABUSE and NOT TELLING THE FULL TRUTH and few other things.
First thing is not in the rules that's what I'm saying.

Second point isn't even a real point.

How did I get this reputation? By you maybe? People asked me for what I think I got demoted, that's why I think. btw hey if you checked the logs I'm sure you also saw things like. "Did they actually demote you!? Wtf that's the end of this server lol" and messages like that right? Also what more shit did I do? I unbanned a person with a mic who was banned for not having a mic, is that it maybe? Saying I got everyone to hate me by a message which I sent weeks later, uhm what? What I told to SpyCrab is true you guys were already laughing at him the moment he made an app without even reading it. You guys did not give him a fair chance. And you won't give him one. Also I never abused my powers, ever. But hey anything I say must be a lie right?

I'm really done with you Miyuki aka Daniel Keem you manipulative ...

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

1. I'm not going to deny that some admins were laughing on the structure of the app, INCLUDING YOU.
2. I did not give you any reputation mate, I never told anyone lies or hatefull things about you. ASK ANYONE!
3. You lied about the reason of your demotion.
4. People then think it's the end of the server because they had no problems with you. The people who got abused by your powers, they never came back to the community. To prevent from other players to leave by your abusement, it's best for you to not be an admin.
5. Any admin can back me up here that you did abuse your powers.
6. I messaged LegendarySpyCrab with the same thing I said on his app : your english isn't that well, your reports are not always correct and you are a bit young but if you can improve on your english and reports, there is another chance for him.

I'm not manipulative. You did everything on your own. You were rude towards me. You made unneeded comments to me. You tried to slander my name by spreading lies about me which can be proven with evidence that they are lies. You tried to attack me on my admin behavior with lies that again, were proven with evidence (system evidence and wolf his word) that it was a lie. You made yourself look like a fool and most of the admins who still had a bit of respect for you, lost it all with that lie you made towards LegendarySpyCrab. You did this all on your own, don't blame me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom