Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Jailbreak - Respawning options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
As me and @MiyukiMouse and @NotNotchSilly had a really (not) interesting conversation on discord.
We thought of a way to try and make jailbreak less cancerous than it's already is.
How you may ask? simple...

Introducing this freshly made idea:

Respawning players as a warden!!

If you accidentally killed some players ""AS A WARDEN"" you usually just feel bad and kill yourself in order not to be considered a free killer or a way to redeem yourself, and this has been an issue for some time now... so why not fix it?

Here is how it works:
Players that has only been killed by the "WARDEN" and not the "GUARDS" within 15~20 seconds can be respawned by a simple command " sm_wrespawn | !wrespawn ".

• A list will appear showing the players that were killed by the warden in the past 15~20 seconds, you can respawn anyone of them and they will be teleported to the location where they died.
  • There is a maximum of 3 players you can respawn per-round.
  • If you killed more than 3 playes by accident (even over the round's time) ONLY THEN you must kill your self (even if you are the last blue as a warden alive), and you MAY NOT respawn anyone of them, or you might get banned for favoritism.
  • You cannot respawn the same player more than once.
This is only to prevent simple mistakes from happening and from people getting banned for doing something they didn't mean to do, and thus making the game smoother.

Hopefully @Benedevil can help us with making this thing possible.

If you have any suggestions or objections about this idea, please share it with us.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I really am still not sure about respawning people. I just think that "kill yourself ingame after one accidental freekill" is bs. But if you kill 3 or more in the process by accident then maybe you should type "kill" in console. I mean, everyone can make a misstake and to get punished for it instantly shouldn't be, I mean, you guys try to warn people when you are on the server with them and they are breaking a rule like micspam. You tell them not to do again or they'll get muted. Well, a guard should have a second chance to learn from it. If he does it again, only then he should get punished for it. If he is really doing it for fun, then you can make an easy demo for it as he will do it again. If it's really an accident, it wont happen again. Right? :x

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I've witnessed this command in action many times - it is not desirable. For one, it makes people play recklessly; why be careful when you can just respawn your mistakes. It also opens up to situations such as "I can just kill the rebeller by shooting a rocket at him and the guy he's hugging and then respawn the innocent one", which is unfair to the rebeller and the innocent, as perhaps they were hiding ammo or uber etc.

In addition, the shitstorm that ensues after people disagree on who was freekilled is not pretty.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

People might get encouraged to freekill one or two people for the lol because they can respawn anyway. So yeah, I'm not really pro.

And kids need to learn to wait MAX 10 minutes if they got killed by accident or even freekilled. It's not that long. Go get a drink, take a pee. You know, get patient.

Last edited:

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

I've witnessed this command in action many times - it is not desirable. For one, it makes people play recklessly; why be careful when you can just respawn your mistakes. It also opens up to situations such as "I can just kill the rebeller by shooting a rocket at him and the guy he's hugging and then respawn the innocent one", which is unfair to the rebeller and the innocent, as perhaps they were hiding ammo or uber etc.

In addition, the shitstorm that ensues after people disagree on who was freekilled is not pretty.
Well fuck this is actually a good point I've been accidentally (free)killed before while I had ammo but the warden didn't know this and he accidentally shot me.
So I didn't respawn myself because I did have ammo but still if he didn't try and kill the other rebeller I would've lived. And if this happens more often than it already does than that be kinda game breaking...

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

People yell "I'm freekilled" all the time. Just saying. It'll cause more trouble than it will fix.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper

This is actually a very convincing point that i didn't think of.

People might get encouraged to freekill one or two people for the lol because they can respawn anyway. So yeah, I'm not really pro.

What i thought of at first is this is only like a safe ticket for the warden, so if he killed 3 players for the lols and then killed someone else by accident that's when he has to kill him self.
if he killed them for the lols that means he is fucking him self up.

And kids need to learn to wait MAX 10 minutes if they got killed by accident or even freekilled. It's not that long. Go get a drink, take a pee. You know, get patient.
That's easier said that done really, and telling "kids" to wait is kinda not the best idea in my opinion, simply they won't listen.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

If you tell them to wait because you are not respawning them, they'll learn to wait as they have no other choice. But by giving them an option to respawn, it's going to cause more trouble than it already is now on Jailbreak.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

If you tell them to wait because you are not respawning them, they'll learn to wait as they have no other choice. But by giving them an option to respawn, it's going to cause more trouble than it already is now on Jailbreak.
Ragequitting? Leaving to another community?

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Ragequitting? Leaving to another community?
So if you add that feature for those few that might ragequit after being accidently freekilled for once just to have them stay. You will be busy banning others or having others to leave because of more bs on the server. You can't please them all. That's my opinion.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

So if you add that feature for those few that might ragequit after being accidently freekilled for once just to have them stay. You will be busy banning others or having others to leave because of more bs on the server. You can't please them all. That's my opinion.
Sorry didn't really know why I posted that was kinda stupid but yeah I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom