Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Important JAILBREAK PLAYERS READ THIS PLEASE

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Personally when I conduct mid-round mic checks, I do it in such a way as to impact the game as little as possible (eg doing it while reds are playing fall game or something where warden isn't giving orders). It would vary by admin but I disagree with giving admins such a restriction.

It wasn't really a restriction suggestion but rather a pet peeve. The original post is asking us where we have issues with Jailbreak. You may not do that, but it doesn't mean that other admins will follow your footsteps.

It makes no difference at the end of the round when it's going to end anyway, and the loss of sparkles discourage those freedays from harassing the blues (like a spy dancing around them) by baiting and possibly denying the given lr to the last red of that round. You can look at the apparent spaghetti that is the JB plugin if you want; Noodl and Bene typically have more pressing coding matters to be busy with.

You cannot be serious. The freeday particles are removed once the last request has been processed (red choosing their lr). The red should have an idea what they're going to put in Custom before hitting it anyways. Also the "discourage those freedays from harassing the blues" part is irrelevant to the whole matter since they almost always do that before the lr is finalized (before their particles are gone). Practically, marginally helping insecure blus has a cost of an increase in freekills.

/uw has the purpose of allowing blues to pass off warden between each other to avoid the same person being autopicked a dozen times in a row randomly.

The same person is never picked a dozen times in a row. Even if that scenario does happen once in a blue moon, I highly doubt anyone would actually be bothered by that since you can just force warden. If you're so worried about having the same guard picked multiple times in a row, then have a priority queue for the selector. People should only go on blu team if they're willing to play as warden, right?

How long would this timer be? It really doesn't matter because it would always be going off. It would be annoying at most, and as I said before, I don't see why the suggestion would be accepted now after it has been declined numerous times. The best you can do is report and buy donor for /votemute.

First off, saying that the best approach is to PAY MONEY for the solution is a huge failure. We'll get into the report dependence later. I don't know how long specifically the timer would be. It would have to be playtested. Then again, I doubt that you playtest anything with adding chretien_v1z. I guess, as of now, a reasonable time should be 7 seconds. Just because something has been declined so many times in the past doesn't mean it's a lost cause. If they're suggesting it so many times, it's probable that it hasn't been looked into far enough or times have changed.

Completely disagree. First off, admins are regular players who apply for the position because they frequent jailbreak; This helps maximize the amount of time an admin is on. Admins are the first line of defense because they can observe and act accordingly on a situation where automated systems can't (like the old anti freekill system if anyone is old enough to remember that). /uw has uses, report people who abuse it. Also keep in mind, people will always find something to abuse. This is how jailbreak is. It can be minimized which is done as best as it can be. I think threads like this one are silly because anything that is a big enough problem is will come in front of the admins anyway in our secret admin only discord channel. All this thread does in my eyes is give people a place to whine and complain about things they don't like, which is good an all, I just find it an annoying waste of time rather than being in admin chat actually discussing the changes that will occur.

Despite them being regular players, they are never ready to join 100% of the time. There will be an instance where no admin is on standby. A computer doesn't need to be summoned. They don't need to quit whatever they're doing prior (examples: playing another game, working on homework, etc.). I don't doubt that the admins would like to join the server and play and deal with violators, but the fact is that they have their own lives outside of Jailbreak to tend to. In addition, reporting can take too long and players currently on the server can't afford to wait before they have an even worse time, leave and never rejoin the server. Thus, a potential regular is lost. Jailbreak might be a highly flawed gamemode, but it doesn't mean that you can just forget on changing it. The reality is that there always is something to improve on anything. What I'm getting from your replies and a lack of your own suggestions, is that you are unwilling to consider anything (a classic sign of stubbornness) even though will is reaching out for help. You're essentially deluding yourself into thinking that everything is perfect.

If you love something so much, you should be willing to find ways to improve them.

One final note:
Either way jim you said you didn’t care about the people’s comments here so please move along.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
thanks for letting us know, we'll have a discussion about that that and see about implementing something in the rules so you know better what is and isnt a freeday

normie

Totally Ordinary
Also maybe add one for which lrs are a free for all day
Not freedays, Free for all days

Last edited:

generaldefence

Unremarkable

NULLPTR

Honestly, I completely agree with you on how Admins should be the last line of defence. I've seen other servers with protection against mass freekilling, and other things that can be abused in jailbreak, and can completely understand Jim's point of view with the human touch, but I still agree to the fact that the automation should be up front. I know that this is a stretch, but in a car, there are new and new security systems coming in place, such as seat belts, automatic braking, sensors, etc. and that if all fails, it's in the drivers hands, which is kinda like how JB should be. I've seen admins completely neglect the server sometimes, and I've seen admins hound the servers. It's cool and all chatting with them (Paragon & Will) but I don't think its fair to them to use their time in their lives to come take care of a 10 year old screaming in the mic and mowing all the reds down with their flamethrower.

Sure the computer's might be a stretch for Bene, but then the next in hands should be the humans. We already discussed the admin aspect, but I think we should dig deeper into the community that suffers from the plague of jimberk2007 (just naming a mass freekilling squeaker from another server, think it was a smurf). Right now, only donors can vote mute, gag, and slay in the servers. I completely hate this aspect of the system, because it implies that anyone with money can get access to these powers. I think that there should be a separate application process where regular, non-paying community members can actually do something against the freekillers and other aspects. Sure developing this honor system and trust in the community where people aren't meant to be the most trusted is hard, but there should be some defence in place where there is none. The process for recruitment ideally be requiring a decent recognition of the rules, an interview by an admin, and a trial run so that we could be there when the admins aren't.

I've fallen in love with the Jailbreak game mode, and find it better in Blackwonder.TF than Wonderland.TF (those guys put backstab protection on the warden, who does that) and I hate it when I have to log off due to the amount of cancer I gain from that session. Sure admins have been a great help with this concern, but I think it's time to give them a rest, and give some responsibility to some new 'server guards' that has the power to votemute and voteslay.

That's been my opinion, but I hope that there will be a rise to the Jailbreak Server Guards (haha see what I did there), and if there, I would like for admins to take in consideration myself (generaldefence), Cheese Cake, and Aegeus Dusk.

Thanks.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 11)

Top Bottom