Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Jailbreak needs some work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Scarcely Lethal

the j

I will now list a couple of things that I'd like to suggest to make Jailbreak more enjoyable, because at this point is really isn't.
1. More Frequent Mic Checks
Title speaks for itself, make mic checks more frequent. Even when there are 3 admins on I still see freekillers sneak their way into BLU and cause a massive shitstorm. I suggest atleast one miccheck at the start of every other round. Tell the warden to shut up if necessary. There is more than enough time to ask everyone on BLU if they have a mic, and then for the Warden to give his starting order.
2. "Maturity Check"
Same as a mic check, but here you see if the person has a mature voice. If Notch is 14 (although I doubt that) and is able to sound like an adult, then surely a 10 year old can manage to not sound like a 6 year old girl.
I know that if this were a real thing, alot less people would be guards, but that can be dealt with somehow.
2.5 More stricter Maturity Check
The Maturity Check already exists in a small form of a server rule, if you cry or sound extremely girly you get warned.
This should be alot more strict. I see many kids still accessing blue team even when there are multiple admins on the server. I get called out a ton for votemuting almost every kid on BLU, and I think these mutes are well deserved. Not to mention starting a vote about them makes them break out their bitchy, high pitched version of themselves, which just makes it worse.
3. More Admin Activity
The gamemode turns into an unenjoyable piece of garbage when there is no admin on to watch and potentially clean up. Freekillers can easily gamble their way onto BLU team and freekill all the time. Not even a warden can help by killing them (because the freekiller might have a better weapon or better aim), and donors (who are FAR more active than admins) can't do anything with votekicking either, as they can just rejoin again.

And that's it. Thank you for reading and I hope these things are considered.

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
I don't play jailbreak so please correct me if I'm wrong.
With more Mic Checks (forced by the server if needed somehow someway? I dunno) admins / donors can see if someone's a squeaker / has a mic. Referring to your second point, so I can see how this will be very useful.
The Maturity Check already exists in a small form of a server rule, if you cry or sound extremely girly you get warned.
This should be alot more strict. I see many kids still accessing blue team even when there are multiple admins on the server.
In an ideal world, people would read rules beforehand and not break them. And in a better world people would learn from their mistakes. Harshier punishments could do something... like make people be scared of breaking the rules etc. but with most people they won't learn from their mistakes and some don't care if they get banned from the servers, since they will find some other servers to riot on. So they will act as stupid as possible.
But stricter rules could also be... a dual edged sword, making people less hesitant of joining if word spreads around between people, or it could make it that people will join because the people breaking the rules get put straight onto the chopping block. But... could just be me and my logic not being helpful.
3. More Admin Activity
That would be nice, but we have to count for personal lives. The admins have issues to sort out of their own, and some may not even know how to admin jailbreak (like me when I was admin). But I offer an alternative:
People who the admins / @Benedevil have come to trust, and I mean TRUST TRUST. Can become Jailbreak only moderators, who are basically moderators only on jailbreak servers. But I guess it will come with issues what I can't foresee, so I think it best to keep just admins. Not Jailbreak only moderators.

These are my thoughts. And PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
2. "Maturity Check"
Same as a mic check, but here you see if the person has a mature voice. If Notch is 14 (although I doubt that) and is able to sound like an adult, then surely a 10 year old can manage to not sound like a 6 year old girl.
I know that if this were a real thing, alot less people would be guards, but that can be dealt with somehow.
This should be alot more strict. I see many kids still accessing blue team even when there are multiple admins on the server. I get called out a ton for votemuting almost every kid on BLU, and I think these mutes are well deserved. Not to mention starting a vote about them makes them break out their bitchy, high pitched version of themselves, which just makes it worse.
You like having freeday every round because there are no blues. Do you?

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I will now list a couple of things that I'd like to suggest to make Jailbreak more enjoyable, because at this point is really isn't.
Title speaks for itself, make mic checks more frequent. Even when there are 3 admins on I still see freekillers sneak their way into BLU and cause a massive shitstorm. I suggest atleast one miccheck at the start of every other round. Tell the warden to shut up if necessary. There is more than enough time to ask everyone on BLU if they have a mic, and then for the Warden to give his starting order.
2. "Maturity Check"
3. More Admin Activity
The gamemode turns into an unenjoyable piece of garbage when there is no admin on to watch and potentially clean up. Freekillers can easily gamble their way onto BLU team and freekill all the time. Not even a warden can help by killing them (because the freekiller might have a better weapon or better aim), and donors (who are FAR more active than admins) can't do anything with votekicking either, as they can just rejoin again.

And that's it. Thank you for reading and I hope these things are considered.

Possible, but a person just has to hit the mic button to get verified.

How do we check maturity? It's simply not possible in a reasonable way.

This would be something for admins that play jailbreak to respond to.

The gamemode needs an admin on 24/7 and lets face it, with 170+ servers, it's simply not possible. It's also extremely hard to come by mature and dedicated people, that are willing to moderate jailbreak.

Sakuya

Trickster
Ok more frequent mic checks, I have done this and some people get mad because they're like "I was already mic checked before so why do you need to check me now?" And its just me making sure so nothing to fret about.
With the maturity check, that's really not reasonable as Ben said. If we got rid of everyone who sounded too young or not "mature" enough than many players will be pissed and probably won't want to play on the servers. Plus if some of these kids do not have a "mature" voice, some of them act very mature I've seen it today so its not right to target them just because of their voice.
In regards of admin activity, I am active on the jb servers specifically NY and LA. The EU servers well they're usually monitored by the EU admins so I don't monitor those usually but if I am needed than I shall join to resolve the issue. So as Ben stated, have 170+ servers is makes it virtually impossible to monitor every single one 24/7 but that does not mean the admins are not trying.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

1. You lose time with doing mic checks. So we do it when we notice someone not becomming Warden at some point (!uw for example). Or when after few rounds certain people joined blu but we haven't hear them talk yet.
2. You can't change the way you sound. If you have a voice of a 13 year old but you still sound clear, I don't see an issue in it. I felt bad for the 6 year old that I had to force red but he couldn't even say "3" as it took us time to understand. So we check if they are understandable or not. If they are unclear because of their immature voice, we ask them to go red (otherwise we enforce it).
2.5 If anyone is crying over mic and therefor micspamming, that's a mute. If you sound like a little kid, we ask you to not use your mic again. But we can't mute people for being 13 and sounding like 13.
3. Make reports if needed. Mass freekillers get marked and banned. Those who do it subtle are easy to record for the report. We are on those servers very often but not continiously. Always feel free to call us in through Shoutbox, Discord or over Steam if really needed.

But that's my opinion.

Edit: Note that it's really not easy to do a mic check during a round. It's easy when the Warden gives order "everyone afk freeze in your cell" and then let's you do the mic check. But you have Wardens who start playing the game and make it hard for you to do the mic check without disrupting the game.

Last edited:

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

I would like to give my 2 cents first of all if the guard ban plugin could be fixed that would be great since rn all you can do is kick/ban micless people from the server entirely. I would say I'm pretty active on Jailbreak, so I know a lot of the players and if they have mics, so sometimes people who are new or not as active get mad at me for not mic checking or only mic checking one or two people, I do this since I know the other ones have mics, and I've heard them speak.

I'll list the things I said just under here.

-Fix the Guard ban plugin!
-I know a lot of the players, so I know the ones with mics, don't get mad at me if I don't mic check everyone...

And also Jasper how do I sound like an adult, My voice is very much comparable to liamhunt14, hoping Sakuya or Amy knows this player so much rn :X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom