Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Its time to make some changes to VSH in BR.

?Blank?

Strange
(OBS: Images taken from my own server, to save your time i guess? Btw BR needs admin to take care of the servers.)
The server is NOT updated like US. So take this in consideration.

So why it needs all of that below? It hasn't received changes in a long time since Saxtron Hale (mostly bug fix or map changes) and it needs AT LEAST balance changes, so heres some suggestions:

HHH: Teleport cooldown from 44s to 10s. You can super jump really quickly, why not TP? At least with superjump you can stomp, move and do damage, TP literally stuns yourself. Not Skill Issue.
Screenshot_46.png

Spy: Dead ringer consume rate ON USE (when hit) increased to prevent Dead Ringer spam. Pretty much the most broken class in the vsh because of it and l'entranger.

Screenshot_2.png

Also Spy: Get rid of this miserable stat from YER. Dead Ringer completely silent with infinite cloak? Hell no. As replacement, i have no idea...

Screenshot_1.png

Theres tons of changes need to be made, not gonna tell everything cuz some things are personal opinions. The ones i shared is highly needed, as a top 10 player in the server. As an extra suggestion, increase the Knockback Reduction (Resistance) to 120% or higher for Hales (from 60%, with 120% you take LESS knockback), 60% is not enough and knockback is pretty much the meta in vsh too alongside the broken spy.

EDIT: Also Soldier's Gunboats and the other Boot can be combined together, fix it.

Last edited:

PanYo

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
I would like to comment on this since I am a regular on the US VSH Reservoir server.

First question I have is that, is there really a difference in between servers from different regions/states? I'm pretty sure all the servers use the same plugin but in different regions.

HHH: Teleport cooldown from 44s to 10s.
This would actually be OP for HHH due to the player can just hit and run or keep running and teleporting. Basically the same thing since it loops. I would say probably to, I don't know, 35s? It'll actually give the player who's playing HHH a little advantage but that all really depends on the situation on whatever the round is happening.
Spy: Dead ringer consume rate ON USE (when hit) increased to prevent dead ringer spam. Pretty much the most broken class in the vsh because of it and l'entranger.
It sounds broken to me since I didn't know about this but isn't that just the perk of the L'etranger? It actually gives the player a little more cloak, than having to wait another 3/4/5 sec for it to fully use again. One hit from the hale basically takes half health from the spy and another hit either being cloaked or non-cloaked, meaning death.
As an extra suggestion, increase the knockback reduction resistance to 120% or higher for Hales (from 60%), 60% is not enough and knockback is pretty much the meta in vsh2 too alongside the broken spy.
There's really no need for knockback to go up, cause then playing as red will either have to make you run and gun or just accept death. Increasing knockback resistance for hale sounds kinda OP cause then red won't really have a chance to actually fight cause Hale wouldn't flinch at all. I think it's fine at where it is since there are player's who complain about knockback who are terrible at hale or can't seem to find out what they're doing wrong. Really depends on the situation but I don't mind the suggestion.
EDIT: Also Soldier's Gunboats and the other Boot can be combined together, fix it.
Players seemed to enjoy this exploit, I have seen another post about this but I don't exactly remember the name of the forum but it's a perk and the only way to really deal with it is looking up as hale. Sure, it's really annoying to deal with but looking up is also a skill that players need to put inside their brain while playing.

That is my input for this, let me know if you have something against my post. I would like to hear people's opinions on this, as it would benefit the server or not.

Last edited:

?Blank?

Strange
Despite being the same plugin, in BR they are outdated and the attributes for hales and overall gameplay is not changed like US servers.

I did a typo. 120% Resistance to knockback is to make the hale take LESS knockback.
L'entrager can be combined with Throwable Kunai and thats a problem for sure, but Dead Ringer can make a full 125 hp spy not be taken out by 2 hits (i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure spy can survive a hit even when getting hit by the void in skyhigh)
HHH is the worst hale ever alongside Saxtron and adding a tp of 10s is not a big deal. I could argue making it 15s or 20s instead, but 35 is too much.
The Gunboats bug has to be fixed to at least make it an official stat and make it balanced. Not everyone knows how to do it.

If you have any more questions ask me.

PanYo

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
Fixed my knockback resistance comment because I just realized what I said. I thought it was increasing knockback and I didn't see the resistance right near it.

?Blank?

Strange
It sounds broken to me since I didn't know about this but isn't that just the perk of the L'etranger? It actually gives the player a little more cloak, than having to wait another 3/4/5 sec for it to fully use again. One hit from the hale basically takes half health from the spy and another hit either being cloaked or non-cloaked, meaning death.
Oh i understand now. In Vsh l'entrager stats has been rewritten, so it doens't have the extra %s duration for cloak but it has +15% Cloak on Hit. In Skyhigh you can just deactivate Dead Ringer to recharge faster and go into the void to get medkits or run away, op as hell bruh.

PanYo

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
Since I don't want to make a new post about a topic since it's currently related to this one. I would recommend getting rid of thirdperson for the VSH gamemode. Sure you can see your character in a third person view but like hale can also use it, gaining them an advantage. I've seen many players who would just run and hide behind a wall and stay close to it with thirdperson view and wait for a red to come by and kill them by surprise. Although, this can be countered by not following hale or just waiting it out, but many players are too inpatient, so they usually run inside/outside and try to chase or find hale. Usually hale would also be delaying as he's just currently hiding behind a wall waiting for a red to pass by and get surprised. Most of the time reds don't usually use it because; 1st, they gotta aim, 2nd, it really doesn't benefit them anyways, 3rd, it only really benefits the hale if they're using it since they don't aim and they're using it as a leverage for a 3rd eye. That's just my take on it though.

Last edited:

PanYo

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
Found some examples. Look at the videos provided.

Thirdperson Example
Thirdperson Example 2

First clip, he was looking at the spy from the other side of the wall, when he got near, he tried to surprise attack him but instead hit the wall.
Second clip, he was looking down, his head his not even over the edge yet but he was still managed to see other reds without having to reveal himself to them.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 17)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom