Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

It finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Pre-built desktop, cyberpower was lookin good when I went pc shopping (but only got a laptop cuz cuck me).

You could prolly build something yourself for a bit cheaper than what you can get pre-built.

Oh, and try and get an Nvidia card, amd succ hard when you compare equal models.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Pre-built desktop, cyberpower was lookin good when I went pc shopping (but only got a laptop cuz cuck me).

You could prolly build something yourself for a bit cheaper than what you can get pre-built.

Oh, and try and get an Nvidia card, amd succ hard when you compare equal models.
I could, but 1. I'm lazy, 2. I don't know how, and 3. I break anything I touch.

Doctor Hexmask

Wicked Nasty

Hexmask

I hate to break it to you, but cyberpower is scamming you and your money. The specs are trash for how expensive it is. The only reason people get scammed is because of the "free" keyboard and mouse, plus they look cool. I would recommend getting an hp desktop computer. It's the best for your money. Right now I have a shitty laptop that always crashes, and is completely messed up. My birthday is coming up at the beginning of April and my parents are planning on getting me an hp pc. Here is the one that is best for YOUR bucks:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-desktop---570-p045xt

Last edited:

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
As somebody who actually has a CyberPower PC, definitely invest in getting some nvidia loot. AMD may sound nice now, but any game that has any form of fire or physX will run with god-awful frames.

I'm not talking 30 frames compared to 60, I'm talking like a PowerPoint presentation instead of animation.

Dell

Truly Feared
Cyberpower PC is ok, they just overcharge for parts and what-not. I bought all my parts separate and put it together, albeit its a 1000$ all together. Go with Cyberpower if you aren't wanting to build it yourself though.

This is my list of parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TKNK9W
I've got an AMD card, runs pretty good. My monitor has freesync tho so it links up to my card and gets me 75 fps. Get the parts that suit your needs best.

jourrapide

Uncharitable
If you are willing to get some power for a decent price, try the https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3UKNVD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zH.wAb2TMNCXV

Its like $679.99 but it should be worth it for some power
Since the death of my poor laptop, do any of you know a good gaming desktop under 600$? Right now I'm looking at aCyberPowerPC Gamer Ultra Desktop.
If you know anything better than this, let me know.

Avoid going with AMD FX in 2018, preferably go with Ryzen. FX processor are noticeably power-hungry and do not come with certain boosting abilities (like XFR), the FX-6300 is good, but i don't reccomend that. Its a very old generation processor (2013 processor or something), if you can't afford new generation ones and you dont want to spend a lot of money, i strongly reccomend going with Intel instead.
(I own 2 pc's with an FX processor, they aren't bad, but i buyed them 3 years and so ago, and on the standards of today i dont reccomend them).
Also for gaming, avoid getting UNDER 600$. 600$ is literally the minimum, if you go lower your pc might not last long, and not in terms of phisical wearing, but rather due to new programs and new games that might come to the near future.

For the graphics card, depends on what games you want to play and on what resolution, the 1050ti is a budget card that can run very well at 1080p, but the AMD RX 500 series aren't bad either.

AMD compared to Nvidia is not THAT BAD, but Nvidia generally has more support as well as more functions and less power consumption, but AMD is less expensive.
(Like Jim said)I don't reccomend buying pre-build PC's either, they aren't bad, but mainly because they aren't that great for the price, and when you get them (most of the time) they come with a bunch of useless stuff that no one really need (but they DO include a fresh licence of windows sometime).

For the components i was thinking more something like this: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dk6tm8

(All prices are based off amazon, new egg or orther online stores, does not include an SSD, monitor, optical drive or orther peripherals, just what's needed to make a computer, choices of my preference, use only as a baseline reflecting on my exprerience and what i currently have).

But hey, if you want a good prebuild, i have to say that the one that Dr. Hexmax sent is not bad at all (except maybe for the Video Card, 2GB is not much these days).

EDIT: Change part list since i listed a normal 1050 rather than a 1050ti

Last edited:

General Zimmer

Store Manager

GZimmer

I don't think the HDD is the only problem there...

If it is just freezing and crashing, getting a new harddrive is everything you need. You can safely copy everything from the old "hdd" to the new one, if you desire.

Edit: The harddrive need to be better than the old one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom