Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Issues with demos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh_

Gore-Spattered
If someone MFK if I type record demo it doesnt record something that has already happend so how can I fix that issu. Additionally I can't seen to find where my demo files go after recording (yes I have seen the guide)

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Make sure you record before it happens? I mean there isn't much you can do about it

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

Am_Seal, how did you try to start to record a demo? Did you only type in 'record', and that's it? You have to give the demo a name to save under.
For example:"record mfker", "record <name>".

To where your demo files are saved to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf
This is where you should be able to find your saved demos.

Josh_

Gore-Spattered
Am_Seal, how did you try to start to record a demo? Did you only type in 'record', and that's it? You have to give the demo a name to save under.
For example:"record mfker", "record <name>".

To where your demo files are saved to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf
This is where you should be able to find your saved demos.
https://gyazo.com/240eb2a8c089f1256a2073c51f89656d

D

Deleted member 2120

You can always use something like bandicam or OBS studio. They let you bind a key that will let you record instantly. It is useful for catching MFKS.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
You must stop the recording, with the stop command, otherwise it wont actually write any files to disk.

AgentPiman

Totally Ordinary
it will ask you where you want the autorecorded demos to go. it's usually tf/demos, so check there and see if you have a .dem file after a test

D

Deleted member 2120

You can just always use something like OBS or Bandicam.

D

Deleted member 2120

I don't like using 3rd party. I use plays.tv and it gives me plenty of issues when it comes to recording
OBS is really reliable though. Its easy to use, and the quality of the videos from it are sub par. It would be useful for reports.

D

Deleted member 2120

is obs easy to use and doesnt glitch and crash like plays.tv?
Yeah its pretty easy, learning how to actually record is a bit of a pain at first but they are plenty of guides on how to use it.

Heres a tutorial on how to actually recor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom