Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered Is vote muting someone for a specific reason but listing another Donor Abuse?

Mage Blaze

Strange
Greetings all,
on BlackWonder JB I initiated a vote team ban against a player named "demon" for MFK.
Afterwords I vote muted him because I believe I am in my rights to for MFK, however, for the reason I wrote no mic because I could see no evidence supporting him having a mic, I was later informed that the player did in fact have a mic.
Is this Donor Abuse?
Just to be clear, the Teamban and Mute were only for mass freekilling, and no other reason.
Thanks for your time,
Blaze.

normie

Totally Ordinary
Greetings all,
on BlackWonder JB I initiated a vote team ban against a player named "demon" for MFK.
Afterwords I vote muted him because I believe I am in my rights to for MFK
You don't do a votemute after a teamban. A teamban is sufficient enough for mass freekill

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Yes you are abusing your donor. Pretending to be an admin and doing what you want is how you get your permissions removed and your account banned. Avoid doing that in the future and make reports to the admin team instead.

Lox

Totally Ordinary

Loxi

Vote-teamban was justified as you had evidence against it at the time, but you can't vote-(anything) off of suspicion alone.

I know there's a fine line between a normal question and admin impersonation when it comes to seeing if a blue has a mic. Staff, Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but just asking if they have a mic would've been easier than vote-muting off of suspicion alone. Asking if they have a mic is not an impersonation, I don't believe, but asking them to use it is an impersonation. I hear a lot of different stories from a lot of different people about this rule, but the overall take from this would just be to ask if they have one and if a staff member warns you for impersonation, then listen- if they don't then woo, go ahead and ask whenever someone isn't using their mic on blue.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
from what I know the fine line between impersonation and just asking depends on the admin. for me personally, if someone asks if they have a mic, it's ok, it's just a question. if someone asks the person to use the mic, as you said, it's impersonation for me. and if they demand that they use a mic or something, that's impersonation as well, but depending on how they said it it could be player disrespect.
Of course this is my way of seeing things, it's mostly subjective and open to interpretation.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom