Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered Is/should spam air blasting on VSH be allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiri

Australium
Some people spam air last 24/7, basically just helping hale and not even contributing to their team.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

There's nothing wrong with airblasting. Experienced pyros airblast to protect teammates, screw up the hale's jumps, deny rages by pushing him away or, in the case of skyhigh, knocking him off the platform.

My own pyro does around 1-1.4k afterburn damage each round, which is more than enough contribution as a supporting role for the health I give the hale.

New VSH Pyros will spam airblast, but they'll also switch off pyro because they're being raged a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: J R

Kiri

Australium
There's nothing wrong with airblasting. Experienced pyros airblast to protect teammates, screw up the hale's jumps, deny rages by pushing him away or, in the case of skyhigh, knocking him off the platform.

My own pyro does around 1-1.4k afterburn damage each round, which is more than enough contribution as a supporting role for the health I give the hale.

New VSH Pyros will spam airblast, but they'll also switch off pyro because they're being raged a lot.
Doesn’t airblasting hale give the hale a lot of rage?

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

It gives him rage, yes. If I recall correctly it's somewhere between 4-8% rage. I'm gonna go with 8% to be safe.

Experienced Pyros are able to roughly gauge the Hale's rage meter based on their own air blasts + the Hale's health.

The top UK Skyhigh Pyros are able to perfectly predict Hale's rage%. I am not one of those Pyros, although I can roughly predict it.

The point of the Airblast Pyro's role is to put the Hale in bad positions and protect teammates. You sacrifice damage so that other's may get a lot more. Examples for Skyhigh would be Stickytraps on capture point, keeping the hale relatively still for market gardens or even push the hale towards a Spy for an easy backstab, provided the Spy is ready for it.

If a Pyro plays well, they're a nightmare for Hales regardless of the rage they're given. Pyros are absolutely despised by all of the heavily experienced Hales on Skyhigh UK as one competent pyro can completely shut down their round.

99% of the time, these experienced Pyros will only die to their own bad flare jump, or to a solorage if they happen to get caught mid-jump by one.

An edit: Yesterday (Thursday) I had 4 heavily experienced Hales suicide because they couldn't do anything while I was controlling their jumps and denying kills on Medics.

Lucachino

Unremarkable
It shouldn't be removed, it's pretty annoying and I always get salty from it. Trying to counter pyro is real hard, altho once you get more experience playing as hale, they won't be that much of a problem. Sometimes they might even indirectly kill their teammates, since some pyro's airblast teammates into their enemies. And some pyro's even proceed to spam M2 when vagineer has uber what'll increase the duration.

The times you find a really good pyro, it'll be hard to actually defeat them, and most of the times they actually carry their team by preventing the hale from attacking them. Altho because pyro takes a lot of damage from falling into the void (almost insta kill), it'll be easy to take care of them if they use the flare gun.

TL;DR yes the airblast is annoying, but some pyro's dont know what they're doing and pyro will be easy to deal with once you gain experience and know the counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom