Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Iplaytoomuchtf2's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

The video you posted was from July 25th 2015. The one Benedevil posted was from June 19th 2016.
Nearly a year in between.
What I wanted to say with that, while "silent aim" might not be patched psilent certainly is. Which is what everyone was referring to with "silent aim" in this thread. The difference is, silent aim only affects the client while psilent is supposed to affect spectators as well. The way it used to work was that the hack aimed between the server ticks thus making the aim "invisible". This is patched. When spectating someone psilent will no longer affect you and if he tries to use psilent nontheless it will certainly be VERY obvious.

Iplaytoomuchtf2

Strange
I'd like to give my thoughts on this matter.

Let's start with the fact that you're blantatly lying about not being an alt account due to these simple facts;
1. Your name (both in-game and on the forums) and grammar not matching at all. Are you even trying?
2. The backward air-strafe at 6'000-6'200 clearly shows you're experienced in this game's movement style.
3. You farmed 220 hours with an idle bot. Why? Who cares?
4. I seriously doubt you're hacking, but even if you are, buy a better hack, you're terrible at the game.

If anyone could point me to ticks that they might deem suspicious, let me know, I'm willing to re-check through the demo and re-analyze it but for now, I'd say he isn't hacking (watch him get vac banned now, haha).
ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ, in order to show you this is not an alt account I will try my best to respond to you four points thoughtfully and respectfully.
1. If you are comparing my name in-game and on the forums stylistically, you are correct in that they are not matching. My in-game name is more "edgy", while my name on the forums is not. I ironically made my in-game name edgy because I thought it would be funny. When I thought about what my name should be on the forums I felt I needed to make a more "formal" name due to how serious the subject was. One counter to your statement is that my forum name does match my in-game time, which is 181 hours in the past two weeks.

Similarly, my grammar in-game and on the forums don't(doesn't?) match because I felt I needed to be more formal. I think a lot of people will relate to me when I say I don't care about my grammar when I play with strangers on the internet. I'm not even trying when I want to have fun. On the forums, I'm writing to convince the admins to unban me and having appropriate grammar will help I think. On a side note, this is a little embarrassing to admit but I struggle with writing, so please let me know if I didn't say something clear. I take a long time to write.

2. I don't want to say I am experienced, but I have a good understanding of how it works. I might seem to be experienced in this game's movement style because I play a lot. Not only that, the game mode uberupgrades can amplify your speed, jumping ability, and even rocket jumping ability. I spent a lot of time experimenting with these attributes and I guess that led me to have a good intuition of the game's physics. The amount of time I spent to be experienced in the game's movement style is within the 181 hours in the past two weeks.

3. I didn't farm 220 hours with an idle bot. I don't even know what that is and had to google it. I was able to get 220 hours because I rarely disconnected from the uberupgrades server in order to build up a lot of in-game money. Having more money makes the game mode more enjoyable. I would play for several hours a day and at the end of the day just leave TF2 running overnight. This went on every day for the last couple weeks.

4. Thank you for believing in me! I'm really trying to get better at the game.

In the time it took to write this, there has been several posts. I will try to respond accordingly.

Iplaytoomuchtf2

Strange
I personally don't see anything suspicious. Unless I'm missing something at a specific time. @MiyukiMouse If you can specify the time/tick please do so. I'm watching the demo for the 3rd time now and so far nothing out of the ordinary. The way of approach is a bit weird, but if he speaks the truth about being new and doesn't have any other accounts then that does explain it a bit.
Will wait for Miyu's response.

*EDIT*
After reviewing it once more and paying extra attention to moments and details, I have to agree with Miyu and that her actions were correct.

Also I'd like to add: what type of new TF2 player is so interested in the game that 3 weeks after creation of their Steam Account already has over 200 hours in the game?

In response to your edit, will you please provide the ticks of the moments and details that made you agree with Miyu. Also, I am a college student with a bad habit of procrastination and I use TF2 to avoid doing my homework. I guess I have an addictive personality.

Iplaytoomuchtf2

Strange
He is clearly not hacking, there was not one instance that would make me suspect an aimbot, wallhack, or anything remotely belonging to a hack.
I don't understand how in the world someone would think that he is hacking as he clearly shows signs of having at least a decent amount of experience with the game. For example the backwards airstrafing at ~6000 - 6200.
If anyone could give ticks that seem suspicious with a brief explanation of what there is to see, since just saying "I agree" is a weak statement and doesn't help the OP at all.
And before anyone says "But Zeprus you're not an admin, your opinion means jack shit." That might be, but I still have a ton of experience with the game and administrating itself, keep that in mind.

(No I didn't copy Puddin's reply, he just pressed reply a tad earlier.)
Thank you for believing in me, Zeprus. You said that infinitely better than I could have. I'm grateful to have an experienced eye look at my file and it means a lot when a person with administrative past say I am not hacking.

Iplaytoomuchtf2

Strange
Lets just see what I noticed overall:

Things that go against the ban:
- Friendly appeal, unusual behavior for a hacker
- Horrible player, can't jump into spawn after multiple tries, touches everything as a spy, overall bad aim expect for a few cases

Things that support the ban:
- 180 hours of playtime in the last 2 weeks, what the hell dude?! 12.8 hours everyday in the last 2 weeks!!!
- From around tick 15000 watch it really really slowed down (I watched it with 7.2%), he has some weird mouse movements, could be lag and the demo could be slightly misleading or it's lag and maybe bad mouse movements combined, don't really look at the effects like bullet trails because those are not accurate, what we're looking for are those little flicks.
- From tick 17000 watch it again on 7.2% speed. From around 17100 he starts following the engi with his crosshair. He's clearly not on target but the bleeding effect and the sound is there indicating that the engi got hurt. This points at a silent aim.

Silent aim: Silent aim is when the hacker doesn't need to look at the target because "the bullets find the target". On the most extreme cases you can see hackers shooting in the air and killing people. (If you ever played counter strike source you know how this looks) EXAMPLE EXAMPLE2
Again, look at 17320-17340 on really slow speed, clearly not on target and still hitting him somehow.

I don't wanna say he's hacking for sure. This could be some weird mix of lag and demos not being 100% accurate but it is pretty suspicious. Would've liked the demo to be longer and showcasing a few more of those engi kills then I would have no doubt. Still, the profile and those two cases.... you smell of something and it's definitely not roses -smile-
From tick 15000 at 7.2% speed I saw a lot of choppiness not just in my crosshairs but every other players movements. Things were jumping back and forth which to me indicates this playback program is not accurate at these speeds. Another possibility is lag. I'm playing on an internet connection shared by 3 other college roommates in an apartment located in a college neighborhood. There have been several times where I randomly lost connection. If you have time please take a quick look at these two videos:
@:57-1:59 Explains how ping affects hitboxes. and
@2:32-4:02 Shows how high ping can significantly affect how you shoot.

Last edited:

Iplaytoomuchtf2

Strange
Hi,
Some time has passed since my last post--I just wanted to check in with the admins and see how everything was going with my ban appeal.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Demo has been lacking evidence anyway. You're not a really good player (no offence). We could ban 10-30 obvious hackers everyday who are a lot more dangerous and are causing a lot more damage than you (This is just a guess). I wouldn't mind unbanning you. We would watch you more carefully in the future if we see you in-game and that's it.

Last edited:

Iplaytoomuchtf2

Strange
Demo has been lacking evidence anyway. You're not a really good player (no offence). We could ban 10-30 hackers who are a lot more dangerous and are causing a lot more damage than you and play on our servers everyday (This is just a guess). I wouldn't mind unbanning you. We would watch you more carefully in the future if we see you in-game and that's it.
Buster,
I’m happy that you wouldn’t mind unbanning me, thank you! I may not be a really good player (no offense taken) but atleast I don’t hack :). Trust me when I say I’m a responsible player who try his to cause the least amount of trouble and follow the rules. I wouldn’t mind being watched one bit. I have nothing to hide.
How can we move on from this point of my ban appeal process? Buster and/or any other admins please advise.

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

From tick 15000 at 7.2% speed I saw a lot of choppiness not just in my crosshairs but every other players movements. Things were jumping back and forth which to me indicates this playback program is not accurate at these speeds. Another possibility is lag. I'm playing on an internet connection shared by 3 other college roommates in an apartment located in a college neighborhood. There have been several times where I randomly lost connection.
From around tick 17000, there has been the same type of choppiness as from tick 15000. This looked a bit like silent aim to me. Something that supported this thought was due to the fact you do live in the US, and you were playing on the NY Uber Upgrades server. Which should mean you be shouldn't lagging that much.

However. I'm not sure where exactly you live in the US, which does matter for how good your connection to the server is, combined with perhaps not the best internet, which you say is shared by 3 other college roommates, could definitely cause this to happen.

Therefore, I'm willing to change my verdict if others believe in your innocence.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Well, I see that @Tomato Kat ❤ agrees with me, so that's 1 more admin on board. Lets wait for @Lulboy and @MiyukiMouse to say something.
I don't mind an unban even though my ban is/was justified, but being so bad doesnt hurt the server apparently. Case is taken over by the owner. Went to him asking what to do with suspecious accounts but not so harmfull as most hackers. He will give the final verdict. x

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

No, no it wasn't. It wasn't in the slightest. He got banned for hacking which he obviously didn't do. How do you believe your ban is justified?

Edit: I don't really care about ratings but that rating is as justified as the ban. Also, I totally forgot that rating exists. Thanks for reminding me.

Okay, I am generally getting pissed off with you now. So I thought I would just clear something up for you.

We are all human, we all make mistakes, but appeals are here to appeal what has happened to you by an admin, which is what he has used it for. I believe I can see Silent Aim but it seems that we are giving him another chance if what Buster and others say is fine then he will be unbanned, but maybe instead of always wanting to disagree with people you open your bloody eyes and come back down to the real world. I hope to see you making a ban appeal shortly.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Hello, sorry for the delay. Admins decided to give you a second chance so you're unbanned now. c:

Last edited:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I'm asking @Benedevil to adjust the reason of unban to "2nd chance" as we never agreed on innocence but that he can have a 2nd chance because he is barely causing harm with these plays on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom