Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Iplaytoomuchtf2's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iplaytoomuchtf2

Strange
What is your SteamID? proshawdowkiller

Who has banned you? Miyu or MiyukiMouse

Why were you banned? Reason given: hacking

Why should we unban you? Hello MiyukiMouse, I would like to kindly appeal my ban please. I should be unbanned because I was not hacking. I'm not really sure what I did to make you think I was hacking, but the most probable cause I could think of was my gameplay. Will you please take a look at the demo file gameply footage? I reviewed it and I could not find anything that justified my ban.

I suck at writing this and I don't know what else to say. I'm just a normal player without hacks. Please reply to me if you have any questions or anything you would like for me to explain. Any guidance will be gratefully accepted. Thank you for your time and consideration

Best,
proshadowkiller

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

First off. I request you to set your Steam profile settings to public. Then I'll review this appeal and ask a fellow admin to review the demo aswell.

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

Is it possible that I receive the demo as well? I would love to have a look at it. And shouldn't the person that gets punished be allowed to look at the proof as well so they can possibly defend themselves? By asking only one or a few fellow admins you might risk group polarization.

Iplaytoomuchtf2

Strange
Is it possible that I receive the demo as well? I would love to have a look at .it. And shouldn't the person that gets punished be allowed to look at the proof as well so they can possibly defend themselves? By asking only one or a few fellow admins you might risk group polarization.
You can actually access the demo file here:https://bans.blackwonder.tf/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=proshadowkiller&advType=name That's how I was able to look at it. I'll also attach the file to this post.

You're right, I shouldn't have addressed this only to MiyukiMouse. I hope I didn't cause group polarization. I didn't intend to. Sorry, this is my first ban appeal! I welcome others to review my ban appeal.

Attachments

• Demo1.dem
    4.1 MB · Views: 305

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

I personally don't see anything suspicious. Unless I'm missing something at a specific time. @MiyukiMouse If you can specify the time/tick please do so. I'm watching the demo for the 3rd time now and so far nothing out of the ordinary. The way of approach is a bit weird, but if he speaks the truth about being new and doesn't have any other accounts then that does explain it a bit.
Will wait for Miyu's response.

*EDIT*
After reviewing it once more and paying extra attention to moments and details, I have to agree with Miyu and that her actions were correct.

Also I'd like to add: what type of new TF2 player is so interested in the game that 3 weeks after creation of their Steam Account already has over 200 hours in the game?

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I agree, nothing suspicious but it's certainly not beyond a reasonable doubt.

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

He is clearly not hacking, there was not one instance that would make me suspect an aimbot, wallhack, or anything remotely belonging to a hack.
I don't understand how in the world someone would think that he is hacking as he clearly shows signs of having at least a decent amount of experience with the game. For example the backwards airstrafing at ~6000 - 6200.
If anyone could give ticks that seem suspicious with a brief explanation of what there is to see, since just saying "I agree" is a weak statement and doesn't help the OP at all.
And before anyone says "But Zeprus you're not an admin, your opinion means jack shit." That might be, but I still have a ton of experience with the game and administrating itself, keep that in mind.

(No I didn't copy Puddin's reply, he just pressed reply a tad earlier.)

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Lets just see what I noticed overall:

Things that go against the ban:
- Friendly appeal, unusual behavior for a hacker
- Horrible player, can't jump into spawn after multiple tries, touches everything as a spy, overall bad aim expect for a few cases

Things that support the ban:
- 180 hours of playtime in the last 2 weeks, what the hell dude?! 12.8 hours everyday in the last 2 weeks!!!
- From around tick 15000 watch it really really slowed down (I watched it with 7.2%), he has some weird mouse movements, could be lag and the demo could be slightly misleading or it's lag and maybe bad mouse movements combined, don't really look at the effects like bullet trails because those are not accurate, what we're looking for are those little flicks.
- From tick 17000 watch it again on 7.2% speed. From around 17100 he starts following the engi with his crosshair. He's clearly not on target but the bleeding effect and the sound is there indicating that the engi got hurt. This points at a silent aim.

Silent aim: Silent aim is when the hacker doesn't need to look at the target because "the bullets find the target". On the most extreme cases you can see hackers shooting in the air and killing people. (If you ever played counter strike source you know how this looks) EXAMPLE EXAMPLE2
Again, look at 17320-17340 on really slow speed, clearly not on target and still hitting him somehow.

I don't wanna say he's hacking for sure. This could be some weird mix of lag and demos not being 100% accurate but it is pretty suspicious. Would've liked the demo to be longer and showcasing a few more of those engi kills then I would have no doubt. Still, the profile and those two cases.... you smell of something and it's definitely not roses -smile-

Last edited:

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

Lets just see what I noticed overall:

Things that go against the ban:
- Friendly appeal, unusual behavior for a hacker
This can be played off though. It's much easier to act differently online. I'm not saying he is, but it's possible. And I have to disagree with that particular opinion of yours because of this.

ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ

Notably Dangerous
In response to Buster;

Silent aim has been patched since forever ago.
The ticks you quoted were mostly lag.
180h of playtime in two weeks is in no way an indication of someone who is hacking; it's an idle bot.

That is all.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

In response to Buster;
180h of playtime in two weeks is in no way an indication of someone who is hacking; it's an idle bot.
That is all.
Captain obvious xd. Using idle bots can imply that he wants to be able to show up his playtime so he can appeal bans. That's 1 reason to bot, obviously it doesn't instantly prove that he's hacking.... nothing does expect for a SMAC or VAC ban. You might as well make the argument that we shouldn't ban anyone unless those things notice.

Last edited:

ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ

Notably Dangerous
Captain obvious xd. Using idle bots can imply that he wants to be able to show up his playtime so he can appeal bans. That's 1 reason to bot, obviously it doesn't instantly prove that he's hacking.... nothing does expect for a SMAC or VAC ban. You might as well make the argument that we shouldn't ban anyone unless those things notice.

Anything can be implied when you want to find reasons to keep someone banned.

He isn't hacking in the demo. He's garbage-tier level.
There isn't any aimbot, silent aim, wallhacks or any of that and believe me, I've checked the demo three times already, not to mention once more to look through the ticks you've mentioned.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Anything can be implied when you want to find reasons to keep someone banned.

He isn't hacking in the demo. He's garbage-tier level.
There isn't any aimbot, silent aim, wallhacks or any of that and believe me, I've checked the demo three times already, not to mention once more to look through the ticks you've mentioned.
Okay, so can we get some other people's opinion? Why do you put words in my mouth, I said It's suspicious not that he's hacking 100%. I want to find out if he is a hacker, so lets talk about that instead of accusing me of being one sided. You're so biased.
You think he's not a hacker, I think he's suspicious. End of the story, you see that I don't agree with you and you instantly say I want to keep him banned. Awesome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom