Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Increase The Delay Between Saysounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

No matter which server you visit, if there are people who know what saysounds are there'll be drunk spam. I'm not sure how much time has to pass between playing sounds right now for an ordinary player but it's certainly not enough. Sure, you can disable sounds but it's not like I or others for that matter don't like the sounds, it's just that we don't like spam, especially when that's what's constantly happening. How original... spam drunk.

So here would be the simple solutions:
1.: Increase the delay
Increase the delay to somewhere between 20-30 seconds, or make it 15 seconds but if the player plays sounds twice as soon as possible the duration of the delay increases to 30, 60 and so on.​

2.: Make the command sm_sound_ban useful
Right now you can only ban a player permanently from playing sounds. It'd be cool to have this somehow as a second way of muting implemented into sourcebans.
Or if you mute someone it automatically bans them from using saysounds and then lifts the ban when the mute is over.
If this is possible, it's probably a lot of work compared to the result so I'm really fine if just the delay increases.​

Thank you for reading, have a great day!

Last edited:

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
Prevents spam, so thats always good. And I always had a spam problem with saysounds. So its nice to lift the burden from others.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
As much as I love the Yatatatatata sound, yes, this is definitely worth looking at. While it doesn't particularly bother me, I can see how this would get on people's nerves. I'm fully supportive of both points suggested.

Sakuya

Trickster
Yes thank you @Buster for suggesting this. Such a pain with people continuously spamming sounds non-stop and the only way to make them stop is either threaten them by saying you will ban them from the sound list or ban them from the sound list c:. It happens everyday on JB where people decide to spam the sound and they even bind the word to spam it like seriously? Nonetheless after they spam it once, you will see in chat the same word being spammed until the sound plays again. The sounds are nice and all until they begin to spam them till the end of the world. (@Frama did show me a trick with the sounds and its preeeettttyyyy sweet. Thanks Frama c:)

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Increased delay to 20 seconds and made it so that muted people may not use saysounds. Please notify me if this still needs tweaking

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Increased delay to 20 seconds and made it so that muted people may not use saysounds. Please notify me if this still needs tweaking
Gagged players aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom