Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Improving jb_conspiracy

gusic

Scarcely Lethal

gusic

1. What is good/bad about jb_conspiracy?
  2. What should be added/edited/removed in the map?

jb_conspiracy_b5fix2.png

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

Pros: Big Chungus
Cons: Small map, incredibly open.
Ways to improve: create secret Easter egg that when activated, turns the skybox into my pfp while playing the hit song Men at Work - Down Under.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Never played this map, haven't played JB in a while.
Based off the image given above, I'd say more minigames are in order. The standard selection of 9 square, crush game, obby, sweeper and jump rope are nice, but there aren't really any minigames that truly "stand out" and make this map unique.

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I almost forgot this map existed lol. Anyway, Ender and TCC pretty much hit the nail on the head, the ratio of minigames to size of map is way too low. Another secret wouldn't hurt either.

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
in short, make map bigger, add another secret (or 2), add more mini games and the map would be 100x better

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

At best it looks pretty bad, at worst it hurts to look at it, the map is too small, not enough minigames and the minigames that there are are all really generic, too open (which isn't really that big of a problem since the map is so small)

In other words, in order to fix the map you'd basically need to remake the entire map

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
true, I personally have an issue with maps that have massive sightlines, as they give rebelling snipers, or sniper guards way too much of an advantage. There should be prop/minigame placements in such a way as to limit the length of sightlines.

Bodacious Mr. E

Unremarkable
If you want actual feedback that isn't just stating the obvious you are better off asking players in-game when the map is being played or going and asking another community like panda.tf as they are better at giving ideas. I might as well throw in my two cents on what I think could be done with the map, basically I don't like the "same texture used everywhere gimmick" on this map as the texture just blends into each other creating a messy look. It worked on pancakes other map bricks as it was not just changes in the lines the entire texture was colored differently. The map as it stands imo is a blank slate except maybe for the obby as the rest of the minigames are painfully generic if this design is released the obby would be played then the map would be changed afterwards.

Adding unique minigames would give a reason for people to play the map as it currently stands the minigames aren't what jb players like to play except of course obby. The map also does not look the best so there isn't much reason for people to play minecraft_dynf but uglier, maybe adding a tron inspired minigame where the reds are in karts instead of motorcycles dunno just what popped into my head. I don't hate the map as the small size is funny to play vsh and I like it when people baby rage over a map in a video game but other than that the map has a lot that could be improved on.

gusic

Scarcely Lethal

gusic

Feedback has been sent to the map's author.
The thread will continue to be checked for any other suggestions.
you are better off asking players in-game when the map is being played
Players in-game either ignored the question or provided very brief feedback, so forums were the next best option.
Forums also allow for detailed feedback such as that post, which helps with knowing what works and what needs to be changed in a map.

Real Darkness Owl

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
This map is okay ig, but really it is very "open" and lacks minigames I would say... Also, the lighting seems a little bit dim as well, but I could turn the monitor brightness too (It really doesn't matter at this point).

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom