Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined I'm A Bee's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm A Bee

Unremarkable

noTbsp

Username: I'm A Bee

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:55648053

Who has punished you?
Zé Do Pão 2

Why were you punished?
Freehitting

Why should we revoke your punishment?
Greetings fellow BlackWonder members, players and staff.

Prologue:

This is quite an extensive document and while many of the staff or readers may have some pre-established opinions about myself or the bee’s and may just breeze over this without any genuine thought, I’m actually curious about a couple of things and thought opening a dialogue would be the best form of delivery amidst this appeal.

Intro:

I'd like to speak on behalf of myself and my colleagues on the topic of the de-platforming and banning of the bee’s. But in particular, I’d like to appeal my absolute rubbish and poor excuse of a permanent team ban. I'd just like to lay out my cards, be genuine and vent about my thoughts of our treatment on the servers from our perspective.

I'd like to start off by saying myself and the bee’s know the rules in and out and have been around on the server for well over a year now, some even longer, and during this time we know that we've gained a positive relationship with the players of the BlackWonder community, the regulars and newcomers alike.

We acknowledge rules are rules and by playing on Blackwonder we must abide by these as we're living under your roof, but following every rule to the T, which is extremely black or white can be damaging to a player’s reputation and ruin the fun.

Additionally, the occasional rule-breaking for comedic moments is what TF2 is all about, after all, it's a casual game by design and the funny and whacky moments are what keep bringing us all back to this amazing game.

What we're trying to say is taking situations too seriously and policing a casual game which, no offense, is quite a childish game, is kind of absurd.

Yes, we acknowledge rules are in place to ensure the quality of life on BlackWonder and deter griefing, but there are a few things that shouldn't be so black or white.

The Community:

I’d like to emphasize my point above about our relationship with the players. The server loves us, we, not to sound ballsy or up ourselves, are referred to as the best Blu's on AUS JB. The current state of jailbreak involves a snooze fest of obby, climb, obby, climb and we’re known for spicing that formula up.

What I’m trying to say is we are all loved by everyone and if something happens there is no bad blood whatsoever between the community, however, this is viewed by admins and those who somehow have time to AFK Spec and demo jailbreak games as a negative thing. This results in the banning of myself and friends for actions that had no repercussions.

This segues into my first problem with the policing on this server. My friends and I have been banned on many occasions for breaking rules that lead to death or interfered with literally no one, for example.....

The Appeal:

My recent permanent team ban from the server was for free hitting and if u look at the demo of it, I pretended to flame everyone in medic and just clipped and max ranged a couple of reds for 1 ammo of flame, 1 ammo, which isn’t even enough to kill anything, which even in the demo I said, I wasn’t expecting to do that and apologized.

They were in medic and I just pixel max ranged them, there is no harm done, but you are telling me I’m going to be permanently banned for something that didn’t affect anyone. Like I free hit for 1 ammo a couple of reds accidentally with no harm done, and it’s like I’ve plotted to bomb the white house.

My point is if no harm is done, why punish someone?

Like genuinely look at the context of the matter and look at the demo, I’m positive the game bugged to register the flame hit as it had a delayed response to the damage, like what?

Mutes:

Now, once again I’m somewhat okay with the mute but it’s still bonkers. I’m sure my next one is permanent so before that happens I’d like to put this forth.

I’m basically the AUS jailbreak radio when it comes to late-night jailbreak seshes playing songs on request to set the vibe for us late-nighters who aren’t out doing normal people stuff and instead inside playing jailbreak alone at 2 am.

I’ve perfected the art of being a radio, so the music is always quiet and never disrupts anyone, and infamously known to sing on request.

I was requested to play the ending song to Team Fabulous 2 for the throwback and everyone, and I mean everyone loved it. I literally said if there for some reason is someone demo’in this right now you can’t ban me for the most iconic Team Fortress 2 song, used in Kitty0706’s own video. This was followed by a sad love song which once again, everyone loved, someone even said they wanted to die to it it’s that beautiful.

Not to say the context of the songs should exempt me from, on paper, breaking the rules but at the end of the day my whole put I'm trying to put forward here is that no harm was done, no one complained, if anyone says to stop its annoying, I stop, but no one did, however, I’m punished?

The Conclusion/TLDR:

From my POV, I feel we are trying to be removed from the server as the staff sees us as a threat to the jailbreak community however, I'd like you's to know, if you ever actually joined and paid attention to the servers and the ACTUAL COMMUNITY that made you, the community that comes back every day, that fills your servers, you'd realize instead of ticking a box to ban someone you would see the stupid amount hours we spend together enjoying jailbreak, however, the second a single mess-up occurs the demo is up within the hour.

I feel I explained that poorly so let me cut the crap. No one cares about the little kafuffles, except staff, no one once again is affected or annoyed by it.

However, on the many nights genuine problems arise with racist, mic spamming free killers, demo andy’s and staff ignore the problem?

To sum up, everyone, in general, should never be punished so black and white’ly for actions that literally did no harm whatsoever to the player's experience.

So a reconsideration of my permanent team ban for a one ammo free hit would be appreciated and a softening on the “micspamming” punishments would also be appreciated.

Thank you for your time if you actually read through this and not just saw it was “that bee guy” and skipped through to the end to decline it.

Last edited:

Jotape

The King Of Brasil
Staff Member
Admin

jotape

Hello,
I’ve perfected the art of being a radio, so the music is always quiet and never disrupts anyone, and infamously known to sing on request.
It is against the rules anyway so....Yeah.
My point is if no harm is done, why punish someone?

Like genuinely look at the context of the matter and look at the demo, I’m positive the game bugged to register the flame hit as it had a delayed response to the damage, like what?
Just don't use the flame against the reds if they're not rebelling..

Also by the time of your tbans i don't think you lerned something with them, i think you can wait a little more before appealing again.

Have a good day!

I'm A Bee

Unremarkable

noTbsp

As I said, I understand rules are rules and I must abide by them while playing on your server, but the policing is just so strict.

Like the response seems so robotic with no human element.

A permanent team ban because I freehit?

A human would process that and realise that it's more insane than spending $6 for a shake at maccas.

If this were the case for any time I 6hp clipped a red, I'd be IP banned from the server at this point.

Any genuine responses please instead of a, you broke rule, bad man.

Have a good day!

I'm A Bee

Unremarkable

noTbsp

Damn, that really lessens the load.

Not to sound unappreciative but are BlackWonder staff that genuinely out of touch with reality to see that an accidental free hit is even warranted for a ban?

It even baffles me someone even took the time to upload a demo of a free hit.

The fact there's been no further interaction between myself and staff asides from Ze Do Pao really demonstrates to me that everyone knows how stupid this situation is but can't comment because it will make them look bad.

Like I understand the rule is in place to deter griefing but there was never a malicious intent with mine as it was accidental.

Like do y'all virtual cops even get paid for this like why y'all actually care so much about trying to ban me I'm curious because if you ever joined the AUS JB server you'd know the community legitimately has no problem with me and wants me back on blu but only international staff care?

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Zé Do Pão 2 was the only one to respond due to him having the demo. If it has just been a freehit, this would not be the point of discussion. You dont land yourself on a 1 month ban due to a single freehit. Zé Do Pão 2 explained why you are banned. You have been punished by 5 different staff members. You are the common denominator here. Wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom