Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Read Me I am going to be retiring/taking an extended break.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
Hello there, i'm sure that when you first read that title you were like "HOHOHO ANOTHER JOKE THREAD" however this time it's NOT a joke.

I am going to be retiring, though perhaps calling it more of an extended leave of absence would be more accurate. There is a few reasons for this. (none bad). I shall list these below.

As many of you will know I am currently at university and this september I begin my FINAL year of the course, I feel removing the responsibility of having to go to servers and do reports/call-admins will give me a better chance to do a lot better on my studies as I wont feel bad about not doing anything when I see people begging for help in #requesthelp. (Actually I probably will tbh.) Being an admin may seem like it's an easy job but it can take a lot out of you and can be quite the time commitment.

I have been sitting on a BUTT-LOAD of games I've been meaning to play/finish for a long time. For example. the Witcher 3 and Watchdogs 2. Before I came to Blackwonder I was a console player for the most part and would still have the game I played most just like tf2 today but I would also go play other games when I wanted and sure I could do that now but when I became an admin I signed up to help so that's what I do and I don't regret it.

Similar to having a lot of games to play I have SO many shows to catch up on! the number of times i'm watching an intense part of a show trying to catch up and I get a message from some poor person who needs help, I'm sorry Mr Random Citizen you'll need to go elsewhere for the time being.

Now to put you at ease:

• No: i'm not going to just disappear :p I will still be around all the time in discord/steam/forums as I am now.
  • Yes: I will still come on servers and help from time to time, hell it'll still be fairly often, It'll just be when I feel like as opposed to coming for 2 seconds just to ban someone. :)
  • Maybe: I will rejoin full time once my course is finished but at that point my main priority will be finding work in the real world.
  • Will: I come out of retirement/break at Christmas time to help full time? Maybe.
  • What: will we do with a drunken sailor? Put him in a leaky boat with a hose pipe.
  • We're: gonna need a bigger boat.
When: will this happen?

I am NOT going to be retiring the second I have finished this thread. This thread is just announcing it. I suppose you can consider this my 2 (and a half) weeks notice as it were. I will still be a full admin and coming and helping (if not busy) at the same rate I currently do until the 1st of September. At which point i'll get a shiny new purple name and be retired/on my break.

I have also made a youtube video you should all watch.

D

Deleted member 2120

I was afraid that you would just be flat out gone for a while. Happy to see that you will still be on the forums. Never talked with you but I respect you.

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
in tears I never liked you anyway will, smelly boi.
image_by_electricelements-d8sbres.jpg

A green frog to commemorate green will.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avia

I definitely feel you. What people, who haven't been an admin of a server before, don't realize is that it's a duty. A duty takes time out of what you want to do and need to do outside of gaming. You've done a lot for the benefit of this community, and we are all thankful. Best of luck with your studies!

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom