Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered How to make your demos shorter

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxi

Somewhat Threatening

taxi

I have SO many demo recording in TF2 with people breaking many of the JB rules but they are all to long because it seems alomst impossible to get only the rule breaker in the short amout of time that the forums let you upload demos. So if any1 could awenser my question I could finnaly make some valid reports and be a helpful part of this commuty

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Hello, sadly I can't answer your question directly but I'd just suggest you to
  • Record for a shorter time period
  • Upload demos to dropbox and share the link (takes like 2 minutes to do)
  • Extract your demos with WinZip for example
We all manage somehow, hope you'll too. -grin-

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Just recently changed the actual post limit of PHP to 100mb, so that should be the official limit now. If you have demos bigger than that, then you could use services such as dropbox or mediafire

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Unless you are recording a replay instead of a demo, you can't really shorten the footage without using external programs.

There are, however, many quality-of-life commands that can be used to navigate demos way better, such as:

(in console)
demoui - (or just pressing shift+F2) will open a really nice demo navigation UI thingy, which can be used to fast forward, pause and jump to specific 'ticks' of the demo, which is essentially the time elapsed of the recording. If you're making a report you can fast-forward through it until you find evidence of the rule being broken, then state the respective tick in the report itself so anyone watching can type this tick into the 'GoTo' box and be taken directly to the right part of the demo. The UI also allows you to change camera perspective with the 'drive' button. The controls for this are shit though.

sv_cheats 1 - Does nothing to help the demo on its own, but will let you activate other really useful commands such as
thirdperson - puts you in third person duh
and
glow_outline_effect_enable 1 - essentially gives you wallhacks in the demo. You can see all players through the map and it makes it really easy to spot a hacker, for instance (they lock onto people through walls).

EDIT - @Zeprus :
hidepanel all - applies to spectators and removes these brown borders at the top and bottom of the screen, giving you the full fov. Also particularly useful when watching suspected hackers, especially snipers.

That's all I know. I like demos. I'm like a demo man.

Wait...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom