Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Herotroll's Admin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herotroll

Mildly Menacing
User name: Herotroll

Name
John.

Your Age
12, but my voice sounds mature.

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:215308931

Have you managed servers previously? Yes.

Which servers have you previously managed? A ROBLOX game - Frappé. My rank: Senior Barista.
Link to the group: https://www.roblox.com/my/groups.aspx?gid=950346
Link to my account: https://www.roblox.com/users/160120247/profile

On what servers do you usually play on? I actively play on Trade Plaza, Deathrun, x10/50/100 servers and 100% crit servers-.

Why would you like to become an admin? Because I like the idea of keeping servers clean from people who break the rules, helping people and making the time visitors spend on the server as amusing as possible. I see the Blackwonder community as a perfect workspace. It's an awesome community with awesome people, and I think I would be a good addition to the administration team. I can decide between options fast, I don't lose my cool when I encounter a troll. I'm calm and I don't get triggered very easily.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

If you do know and have spoken to any staff members, please tell us their names Jim, Paragon, Noodl, Alex-Ario, Benedevil, KamiKoroshi, General Zimmer, Markk, Buster.

When are you usually available to play? Weekdays: 14:00 - 20:00 ---- Weekends: 11:30 - 20:00.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the game modes you play.
--General, Trade plaza specific rules--

Micspamming (screaming, playing music, etc.): Warning >> 1 hour mute >> 1 day mute >> 1 week mute >> Permanent mute.
Chat spamming: Warning >> 1 hour gag >> 1 day gag >> 1 week gag >> Permanent gag.
Cheating: Permanent ban.
Griefing: Warning >> 1 hour ban >> 1 day ban >> 1 week ban >> 1 month ban.
Inappropriate name: Warning >> 1 day ban >> 1 week ban >> Permanent ban (Until the person changes their name and shows proof on the forums).
Spawnkilling: Warning >> Kick >> 1 hour ban >> 1 day ban >> 1 week ban.
Trolling: Warning >> 1 hour ban >> 1 day ban >> 1 week ban >> 1 month ban.
Scamming: Permanent ban.
Calladmin abuse: 1 day ban.
Toxicity: Warning >> 1 hour silence >> 1 day silence >> Permanent silence.

--Deathrun specific rules--
Suiciding as Death: Warning >> 30 minutes ban >> 2 hours ban >> 1 day ban.

--x10/50/100, 100% Crits specific rules--
Abusing specific weapons to ruin the game (such as The Scorch Shot): Warning >> Kick. If issued repeatedly, 1 hour ban.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about? I think I fit as an administrator, because I never troll (despite my name), I'm polite, patient, friendly, and mature. (I don't spam binds after a kill.) I sing and play piano and alto saxophone. I like coding. I have around 720 hours in TF2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2049

Hello, I'll be taking a look at your application and give my input on it from what I see:

First, your punishment section seems to have a lot of issues -

Cheating: Permanent ban.
You should record too for stuff like cheating, in an event someone makes an appeal because they were banned, you should have some evidence to back up your claims against the person.

Micspamming (screaming, playing music, etc.): Give them a warning first, if they do not listen, mute them for a week. If they start chat spamming afterwards, ban them for 1 day.
Chat spamming: Give them a warning first, if they do not listen, gag then. If they start micspamming afterwards, ban them for 1 day.
Muting for longer times should be for repeated offenses, muting someone for a week even though it's their first offense is too harsh. Why would you ban someone for micspamming when micspamming should be a mute? How long would you gag a person for chat spamming too? What would you do if you had to mute or gag the same person again?

--Jailbreak specific rules--
Freekilling: 1 week guardban - If issued repeatedly, 2 days ban.
Freeday abuse: 1 day ban.
Camping: 2 hours ban.
Fire abuse: 1 day ban.
Again, the punishments are either harsh or wrong and not detailed enough.

What do you mean by camping? Armory Camping? Freekilling like Mass Freekill? Would you teamban someone for a week for killing one guy even though it's their first offense and was either on accident or intentional?

What would your punishments look like if you had to give another punishment to the same person?

Second, you have very little time on the servers -
https://tfstats.tf/player/195851

You only have about 4 hours of playtime and you seem to just drop in the servers randomly.
herotroll connection times.png

sometimes I play Jailbreak
I've never seen you in any of the jailbreak servers, and if you were in one it would've shown it in sessions (assuming tfstats wasn't down at the time) so this would be a lie.

Last thing to mention, I found this in your chat logs (There isn't much in your chat either because you don't play on the servers a lot)
herotrollchat.png

Overall, I can tell you don't have a lot of experience just by looking at how much time you have on the servers and how wrong your punishment section is.

I'm going with a -Support

Herotroll

Mildly Menacing
Hello, thank you for your response. I have improved the punishment list so it is more accurate.
I removed Jailbreak because I really barely play it.
By camping I meant spawnkilling, or blocking players from getting out of the spawn.
Yes, my play time is short, but I know the rules and I don't think it's that much of a problem.

Now, let me explain what happened in the server where the chat log comes from.
There was a friendly hoovy walking around (which is happens very often on Trade Plaza) and one person was continously killing him.
I personally don't like people who kill friendlies, so I told him this. And yes, it was not nice from me, but killing the hoovy repeatedly wasn't nice from him either.

So once again, thank you for reading and responding to my application, I greatly appreciate it. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
I personally don't like people who kill friendlies, so I told him this. And yes, it was not nice from me, but killing the hoovy repeatedly wasn't nice from him either.
Killing people in FPS games isn't nice, who would have thought?
As far as i am concerned we have no "friendlies only" rule in place, so if you go around banning people for killing friendlies in shooter games, then that's not really something one wants to be responsible for.

As for the updated punishments you are still rather unreasonable.
Too harsh:
Toxicity: Warning >> 1 hour silence >> 1 day silence >> Permanent silence.
We do not have team bans on deathrun. nor do we punish for activating all traps or blocking obstacles (since that's rarely possible and even then a slay would be more than enough):
--Deathrun specific rules--
Blocking obstacles: Warning >> 1 day ban >> 1 week ban.
Suiciding as Death: Warning >> Team ban.
Activating all traps: Warning >> Team ban.

Herotroll

Mildly Menacing
Killing people in FPS games isn't nice, who would have thought?
Well, of course, but when somebody is friendly, the others should just let them do their business.
They can care less if someone is being friendly or not, if they don't want to be friendly, they can just leave the friendlies alone and do their own things.
As far as I'm aware, being friendly is not a bannable offense. (Unless you are in a competitive server filled with tryhards.)
Also, I sure wouldn't ban people for killing friendlies.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Well, of course, but when somebody is friendly, the others should just let them do their business.
They can care less if someone is being friendly or not, if they don't want to be friendly, they can just leave the friendlies alone and do their own things.
As far as I'm aware, being friendly is not a bannable offense. (Unless you are in a competitive server filled with tryhards.)
Also, I sure wouldn't ban people for killing friendlies.
In fact, we have servers where friendlies are not allowed. Since people seemed to be bothered by it.

Of course they can just leave them be, but there's nothing to complain about if players want to play the game that way, since it's intended to be played like that.

Now to not drift off the app, the punishments still lack proper actions and durations. Plus the points aegus listed I have to go with a -Supp as well.
Best of luck.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
A little over an hour of playtime in the past month doesn't show enough dedication for me to consider you.

Also your age decreased by several years since your last app.

Herotroll

Mildly Menacing
Also your age decreased by several years since your last app.
I lied back then because I was afraid you won't accept me because of my age.
(I got declined anyway.)

You only have about 4 hours of playtime and you seem to just drop in the servers randomly.
Despite only having 4 hours, I understand how the servers work.
I don't see anything wrong about randomly dropping into servers.
I just play on whatever server I want.

Anyway, thank you all for your responds.

D

Deleted member 2049

Despite only having 4 hours, I understand how the servers work.
Your punishment lengths say otherwise, however I would like to mention something I came across:

https://wonderland.tf/threads/herotrolls-application.1042/

https://zarpgaming.com/index.php/fo.../131371-ttt-moderator-herotroll-s-application

In both of these applications you made, you had little to no activity on these servers and posted an application shortly after joining. This meaning (as also proven before here including now) that you are power hungry for a staff position.

I don't see anything wrong about randomly dropping into servers.
I just play on whatever server I want.
There's nothing really wrong with doing this, but as Jim stated:
A little over an hour of playtime in the past month doesn't show enough dedication

I'll be sticking with -Support still

D

Deleted member 2049

Yeah, who wouldn't? :D
Not a very good outlook on it. I've seen people do it before quite a few times, so it's not uncommon. But every person who did this from what I've seen was declined, so as you can tell it is frowned upon.
So, what can I do to get accepted one day?
The biggest issue right now is your time on the servers, so continuing to play more and interact will be helpful if you decide to make another app. However, you should still avoid being toxic and just follow the rules like everyone else should (just common sense stuff really)
Also, how in the world did you find out about my other apps?
I got a tip from someone about one of your apps and I put your steamid in google and that came up :p

Herotroll

Mildly Menacing
Thank you for responding!
I got a tip from someone about one of your apps and I put your steamid in google and that came up :p
You know, I got impressed and also pretty ashamed when I saw you found out about this.
Thank you for your advices, I will definitely try to follow them. I sure will follow the rules just like everyone else, after all, I'm not anythting special.
I will try to improve my playtime as well as my communication.

Once again, thank you for your tips:)! I will surely make another application in the future, since enforcing rules is my dream.
Have a nice day!

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello John,

As Dusk pointed out, you have a serious lack of playtime on the servers. Additionally, you appear to be quite anxious to punish people based on making applications on other communities without much experience. Please add a significantly greater number of house on the server before applying to moderate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom