Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Goober's mute appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goober___

Wicked Nasty
What was your type of punishment:
Mute

What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:1:62101018

Who has punished you?

Buster

Why were you punished?

Micspam

Why should we revoke your punishment?

I did micspam and should get punished but I belive a permanent mute is too harsh. Many of my comm blocks are small and only lasted for a minute and I viewed them as admins just messing around with me. Another reason why I think I should have is lesser punishment is that a lot of my time playing TF2 is on jailbreak. People consider me to be a good warden on jailbreak but I cant be warden when muted. I know that I did break the rules and should be muted but a permanent mute seems like too much.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
The reason you have so many small mutes is because me and some of the jailbreak normie admins know you and you usually knock it off after we deal with you. I don't like extra work from a normie that knows the rules. I didn't watch the demo in the report where Buster perma'd you but if it's clear you were mic spamming you should suck it up, wait a few weeks at the least and then think about appealing.

You also didn't listen to me at your last appeal
https://blackwonder.tf/threads/mute-appeal.5754/

@Buster

mr_minati

Truly Feared
Please (if U want) do the same as @Ben289 did to @Pablo The Wizard. Give him ONE last chance before perma, He's a regular in NY JB, well know there and he's not a jerk. He doesn't just join to cause havoc like others do during the weekends, he actually play and its not bad as warden.

Recently, he was mic spammin but I remembered them beign of short durations. Just give him a few weeks and a warning for perma mute, if he does it again then perma mute.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Please (if U want) do the same as @Ben289 did to @Pablo The Wizard. Give him ONE last chance before perma, He's a regular in NY JB, well know there and he's not a jerk. He doesn't just join to cause havoc like others do during the weekends, he actually play and its not bad as warden.

Recently, he was mic spammin but I remembered them beign of short durations. Just give him a few weeks and a warning for perma mute, if he does it again then perma mute.
You don't have to tag me and Ben it's just a waste of our, more importantly, my time

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

I can agree with giving him a last chance. Which if he breaks it, will become a permanent ban as well :) .
It is up to Buster thou.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Last chances are fucking stupid and I say the perm should stick. Goober is fully aware of the rules and often tries to enforce them from what I've seen and heard, so he has no valid excuse for micspamming especially to the extent he has over the past few months.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Last chances are fucking stupid and I say the perm should stick. Goober is fully aware of the rules and often tries to enforce them from what I've seen and heard, so he has no valid excuse for micspamming especially to the extent he has over the past few months.
I personally agree with @Wanka , I got so many chances. I think his chance would be not getting perma banned or gagged

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I tagged Wanka because he actually was involved in this appeal. Apart from Ben who haven't even read this thread

You also quoted him so I don't see the point at all of you tagging him. Minati was giving a example which I find handy (although imo the tags weren't needed either)

but anyway I'm leaving it at that, seeing that this is a appeal thread

mr_minati

Truly Feared

Yes he knows the rules better than I do (and enforced them too). Which is kinda suprising, but have U seen his source ban? All he got wus a bunch of "1 min" and "30 min" mutes. Why the staff didn't increased his punishment.

But anyways, Lucas said that is up to Buster so there's not much to do. Hop he gives some thoughts.

(See no TAGS!!)

Let's just.... not continue this retarded conversation/argument of ours shall we?

Isn't life so beautiful, my friends the guy complainin about "unnecessary tags" abusin of it now.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
I love it when people go off-topic and contribute nothing to the actual conversation!

Personally, I I do not know that guy. I am just here to throw my two cents in there.

A permanent mute is a harsh thing to do. One has to be really annoying to deserve that.

Having
24 comm blocks in 90 days
is usually enough reason. Cause that is almost one every three days.

But looking at the comm blocks, you notice that 6 of them are under 5 min. Since April there are only 4 comm blocks over 4h. Most of them 30 min (which is standard if I had to guess).

The reasons for vary, but most of them are for 'mic spam'. A few are very confusing (I'm looking at your 1-2 min mutes @Drax ).

Imho I would suggest to give him a second chance.. after a long mute. I am talking about a week or more here.

Having so many comm blocks within 3 months should be enough to justify such a long mic ban. But not a permanent one.

Mic spamming is probably worse on jailbreak than on any other server, since the whole gamemode revolves around the use of the mic and thus should be punished harsher. Yet having a permanent mute is not something I encourage to do.

From my experience, people learn better if they are given a few more chances. But the more often they break their promises, the harder the punishment. Let's say we shorten his mute length to 2 weeks and warn him next up would be a month. He would think twice before breaking the rules. If not, peace for a month. After that you either go higher or be perma mute him. If people did not learn their lesson after having a month to think about what they did wrong and how to prevent it from happening again, then they can just, excuse me, fuck off.

With kind regards, Malz

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I'm finally home and I even managed to watch the new episode of Game of Thrones (thank the Israeli Prime Minister for delaying me by almost 2 hours)

I think this is a classic example of other admins not scaling the punishments. As you can see, I muted you for a day, after that every other admin should've muted you for either the same time again or longer, for 2 days or weeks. This didn't happen. I blame some of the other admins for not muting you for longer periods of time.
You've been still muted tons of times though. I don't really care what kind of person you are. I'm sure you're not horrible and we could probably get along, but you've been disturbing other players / probably trying to force your taste of music on them. You can't follow very simple rules, that's not my problem, that's your problem and we don't want to deal with that for a while now if that's possible. You've had your chances. I don't want to see you appeal for a good month now.
Take care, declined.
scaling.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom