Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted GoldenAce's Punishment Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was your type of punishment:
Ban

What is your SteamID?

STEAM_0:0:53551804

Who has punished you?

Will

Why were you punished?

I was punished for Donor Abuse

Why should we revoke your punishment?

Dear Blackwonder Admins and Community,
I have recently been banned through a report created here, https://blackwonder.tf/threads/report-against-angrypitbull-and-goldenace.7470/#post-34017 along with previous and flawed appeal here, https://blackwonder.tf/threads/goldenaces-ban-appeal.7472/#post-34142. Altough I respect Will's decision to ban me I have a few comments to say. I highly understand that in the past I have done some naive actions that I regret. However I feel as if I could change my impulsive behavior by first removing my donor as this will disengage my ability to slay, mute, or kick which I frequently do which little warning as demonstrated in a previous ban. Now that I'm negated to get banned in the future for anything Donor related I want to point out somethings missed within my ban that make it unjustified. First of all there are currently no rules found within the Blackwonder form under General or Jail Break that pertain to Donors except for "Common Sense" which is flawed alone by its self. This should Donors some room to work about without being punished such as giving a warning by an admin. However this was not the case with my ban. I was banned while offline with no such as a clue as to why I was banned and when I checked I was banned for breaking a rule that is not even posted which was for doing a Mic Check. There is nothing currently prohibiting the performance of a Mic Check by a Donor and therefore should not be punishable. I understand the comments made within my previous ban appeal that an Admin can perform Mic Checks at a much faster pace and more effectively there was no admin current at the time of my own Mic Check. In fact I even requested for an Admin within the discord group in the #requesthelp chat but none had joined for the entire hour that I had waited. At that pointed I decided with the rather full lobby that I should help start cleaning up until an admin could arrive so I started to ban the "No Mics." But at that time little did I know that I was breaking a rule unposted and unannounced that would be punishable by a two week ban. Again I understand in the past I have made some questionable Donor mistakes that are unjustified so I feel as if it is only far that I to lose my Donor privilege but this ban of this extent was in no way justified and should be repealed as soon as possible. I respect any decisions made but I hope you understand my point and will atleast make an effort to make some sort of "Donor Guidelines" page to help fellow and future Donors so they do not make my mistake as well as comments and opinions on my ban. Sincerely, GoldenAce

D

Deleted member 2049

You show that you accept that you are responsible for your actions, although whenever an admin tells you to not do something, its most likely the right thing to follow. There have been many complaints of you donor abusing from others, I have my own opinions about if its donor abuse or not but many seem to see it as abuse. I do have many agreements with others, but I do agree with you on how its not stated in the rules specifically. Its up to will and I have no way to convince them to accept it, so instead I will support you for showing responsibility for your actions. Good luck ~Aegeus

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/rules-suggestion-addition.7348/

The donators lacking rules has been addressed, whether it will be added in to the new rules update remains to be decided.
I will argue that it's mentioned regularly in Discord by admins and regular users alike that performing mic-checks as a donor is a no-no, and admins will also say it in-game if they see a donator attempting this. I am aware people may not have Discord up constantly and may miss the aforementioned warnings etc.

The problem is that you've been caught twice abusing your donator powers. Once by Drax, although he gave you a very mild ban, and then a report against you.
Being reported on the forums means that a warning doesn't necessarily need to be applied beforehand; punishments are dealt based on the evidence seen regardless of warning.

While I can understand you were frustrated after waiting an hour (or more) for an admin to join the server to perform a microphone check on the BLUs, you still should not have done a mic-check while using your donator commands.

"There is nothing currently prohibiting the performance of a microphone check by a Donor and therefore should not be punishable."

All administrators will say that performing a microphone check (with the use of Donator commands) is not allowed. You should've asked before attempting; that's a lack of common sense.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
No player has the obligation to answer to a donator.
Thus votemuting someone that is not responding to you is donator abuse as you can falsely votemute someone. (Like how Jumbo is never willing to react to donors).
If the warden did a fail round by not giving orders in the first 30-60 seconds, sure. Don't do micchecks thou as they have no obligation to respond.

Typing from phone is annoying...

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
i am in two minds about this, yes you broke a rule. 'nuff said nobody disagrees there. however i also understand that waiting a long time for an admin to come can start to wear someone down and they may just want to help. hell i may even have done the same if i was in your shoes, luckily back when i was donor there was almost always a specific admin on the jb servers i went to. the one thing thats wavering me on the fence is your previous donor abuse ban (unknown for what). I will think about this overnight and allow any other admins to weigh in on this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom