Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Glitch and Bug Exploitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterymelon

taeis

Hello,

I currently had an occurrence with an admin, who according to his discussion with other admins, concluded, alongside with them, that back pedaling is not against the rules.

But I'm here today in order to make you think otherwise, hopefully.

Now, what is back pedaling ? It is a mechanism in the game where you abuse broken hitboxes in order to easily stab anyone. This stab mechanism would allow you to backup into a player, bump your back to his face, and stab them without even facing them.
We all might've done something weird like that, whether out of experience or out of panic, but mostly unintentionally.
However, many people have been doing it a lot lately, just exploiting that bug to get a lot of kills. It is important to point out that ping doesn't affect the mechanism at all.

While discussing the exploitation with the admin, he said he experienced such a thing. Later on he acknowledged that the game is broken; that this is a bug; that it is exploitable.
Lolboy | Blw.tf : The game is broken in a lot of different ways

And apparently, it isn't just for Spy class; it works on all classes.
Lolboy | Blw.tf : alright, had a lil chat with other admins. Seems like you can do the backpeddlin stuff with any class
Lolboy | Blw.tf : Something to do with melee hitboxes in the game itself

I would like you all to know that this represents an unfair advantage to anyone doing those glitches; while some glitches and exploits are easy to recreate, others might be hard.
Nevertheless, even if it is hard or easy, people should not use something to ease their gameplay, for the rules clearly say the following.
No hacking/exploiting hacks.

Using third party applications to give you a bonus over other users is pathetic and if you require these applications to assist you then, we suggest you play a simpler game such as Farming Simulator, rather than a game which will require you to actually learn, and have skill.
This game is a game which requires skill and experience and the experience of skilled players should not be tarnished by some broken bug.

And if you would like to see it in action, kindly check the report against a player doing it.
https://blackwonder.tf/threads/report-against-whaaaaat.6752/

Have a good day.

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

Later on he acknowledged that the game is broken; that this is a bug; that it is exploitable.
I said that the game was broken. Not that this particular event is an actual bug and again, if it even is exploitable.
To clearify, I did say it could potentially be seen as a bug, but I didn't say it was at the time of writing.

Since I've been I guess you can call a victim of this thing, it's a weird and odd thing to experience. And to get to the point, it doesn't feel 'right' to be in the game. But then again, it's not something we can fix or help (as far as I'm aware) that we can do on the technical side.
I do like to see what others think of making it classify under any rule or make it a whole new one.

This event may cause some havoc in some cases as some people are easily convinced that whenever this happens, the player doing it has controversial reasons, or help from as said third party applications.

That's all for me at the moment and most likely will edit this post as more input has been given.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

This is more Valve's problem than ours since it's a broken game mechanic. They've just found a jumping bug in CSGO in the middle of a major and PGL, the host of the major didn't say it was against the rules because 1.: It is a game mechanic 2.: You can often do it unintentionally. The same reasons apply here.

This is not exploiting the game, this is using the game to your advantage. If you want this to be against the rules then bhopping with mousewheel should be too since you can get to places faster.
So just no.

Waterymelon

taeis

I said that the game was broken. Not that this particular event is an actual bug and again, if it even is exploitable.
To clearify, I did say it could potentially be seen as a bug, but I didn't say it was at the time of writing.

Since I've been I guess you can call a victim of this thing, it's a weird and odd thing to experience. And to get to the point, it doesn't feel 'right' to be in the game. But then again, it's not something we can fix or help (as far as I'm aware) that we can do on the technical side.
I do like to see what others think of making it classify under any rule or make it a whole new one.

This event may cause some havoc in some cases as some people are easily convinced that whenever this happens, the player doing it has controversial reasons, or help from as said third party applications.

That's all for me at the moment and most likely will edit this post as more input has been given.

Well, you saying that the game is broken in many ways hints that this is another broken mechanism and most likely bug.

This is more Valve's problem than ours since it's a broken game mechanic. They've just found a jumping bug in CSGO in the middle of a major and PGL, the host of the major didn't say it was against the rules because 1.: It is a game mechanic 2.: You can often do it unintentionally. The same reasons apply here.

This is not exploiting the game, this is using the game to your advantage. If you want this to be against the rules then bhopping with mousewheel should be too since you can get to places faster.

Yes, it is a broken mechanism from the game; I have done it unintentionally too, but enough evidence from a demo can show that a player is doing it unintentionally or intentionally.

Actually mousewheel and that are far from similar. Why you might ask, well, bunny hopping with mousewheel is nothing but a command set to something easier to use.
Back pedaling, however, isn't. It is a mechanism that should be patched because it is obviously not right.
Bunny hopping and getting crits is also very ineffective in Team Death Match due to the excessive spam of bullets; however, having someone who can exploit hitboxes and win a 1v3 or a 1v4 without even having skill is something broken.

It is a broken mechanism and it's not that available to use, unless you exploit it, you won't be able to do it 10 - 15 times in a row. Once or twice consecutively is a very very rare occasion to happen, especially if you're doing it unintentionally. It is a fair unintentional advantage yes, but exploiting this advantage too far should not be allowed.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Yes, it is a broken mechanism from the game; I have done it unintentionally too, but enough evidence from a demo can show that a player is doing it unintentionally or intentionally.
So what should we do? Have a rule like "Back pedaling intentionally is not allowed."? That's hilarious, and if we don't put intentionally there, we won't be able to regulate it, not like we could otherwise.

They are similar as both are game mechanics. I "abuse" the jump mechanic by spamming the command and people "abuse" the hitboxes by walking backwards. I agree that the latter should be patched, but that's not our job. We couldn't regulate this and I don't think it's that big of a problem. Pyro update is pretty close, hopefully they've done something about it.

Waterymelon

taeis

So what should we do? Have a rule like "Back pedaling intentionally is not allowed."? That's hilarious, and if we don't put intentionally there, we won't be able to regulate it.

They are similar as both are game mechanics. I "abuse" the jump mechanic by spamming the command and people "abuse" the hitboxes by walking backwards. I agree that the latter should be patched, but that's not our job. We couldn't regulate this and I don't think it's that big of a problem. Pyro update is pretty close, you can hope that they've done something about it.

Well, excuse my ignorance, I thought I was enrolling it under glitch / bug exploitation.
Look, walking backwards is not the issue clearly. The issue is the easy kills similar to having an aimbot in game.

The latter will not be patched, because if you have not noticed valve cares less about the single mechanisms of the game; instead, they just want the game to run in order to assist their profit and people's use of their platform.

It can be regulated, people can submit enough feedback, and upon review you can conclude if it is an exploit or it is just a false alarm or accident.
Don't you think aimbotting and lucky shots aren't similar to this ? A single kill is not enough, many kills and enough footage is.

Oh well, I hope there are more admins like you. I was really thoughtful about the amount of work you have to do, you just freed my mind. Thanks for that.

Kindly, if you haven't experienced this, don't comment on it.
I am asking about opinions of people who have experienced this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom