Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Ghost Command

mehf

Somewhat Threatening

Nerd

A toggleable ghost command where other prisoners/reds are not able to be seen would be amazing for jailbreak. It would fix fps issues with the amount of reds usually on and would generally be less chaotic to see. If it is possible, it should be a command as long as it does not cause issues.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

So let me get this straight, you want a command that will make other users invisible for you, in a gamemode where it is crucial to know what everyone else is doing? Yeah no, get a better pc.

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
If blue players can see prisoners including you (but not on your screen), then sure. But otherwise, just change your tf2 setting or get a better PC.

mehf

Somewhat Threatening

Nerd

Owl pretty much summed it up, its just a visual on your end where ONLY you don't see other reds. The high player counts do have an impact on performance, but that's everyone computer because of tf2 optimization. Disregarding an idea because of this would be outright dumb.

mehf

Somewhat Threatening

Nerd

Owl pretty much summed it up, its just a visual on your end where ONLY you don't see other reds. The high player counts do have an impact on performance, but that's everyone computer because of tf2 optimization. Disregarding an idea because of this would be outright dumb.
There are tons of websites with issues like "good pc, bad fps" and the usual answer is tf2. Not my fault that any game, Valorant, Overwatch, Black ops, can run easily at 144+ but tf2 struggles.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

If this command was to exist, it would need to be automatically disabled if the user of the command is on blue

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

In addition, while there would be a performance increase, you would be putting yourself at a direct disadvantage by using this command. Meatgrinder/cellwars will be a pain to fight someone invisible, you will get killed easily if you get given an order to line up shoulder to shoulder/smallest group dies/any other order that needs you to be made aware of other reds. There are countless other situations where it would benefit you to see where other reds are and using this command would be a direct disadvantage.

mehf

Somewhat Threatening

Nerd

In addition, while there would be a performance increase, you would be putting yourself at a direct disadvantage by using this command. Meatgrinder/cellwars will be a pain to fight someone invisible, you will get killed easily if you get given an order to line up shoulder to shoulder/smallest group dies/any other order that needs you to be made aware of other reds. There are countless other situations where it would benefit you to see where other reds are and using this command would be a direct disadvantage.
Which is why it would be toggle-able.

mehf

Somewhat Threatening

Nerd

Most of the time, I see it better without reds for example: Climb, Obby, stafe race, etc

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
Most of the time, I see it better without reds for example: Climb, Obby, stafe race, etc
i understand your example when there is a lot of reds piling into like climb, you cant see anything but people on that first step. but tp exist to see around you and the other players and once the game starts you can just disable tp and everyone will be at random points and have diffrent progression in the game. right after it start there wont be 25 reds on one 4 foot wide step. that situation is only a temporary inconvenience. i dont feel like someone should have to code, design and test an entire plugin just for something like that.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Interesting idea. We have a similar command for surf servers and deathrun has that feature integrated as well. I don't think there is too much against having some command that does similar in jailbreak

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom