Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Getting Old Players on the New Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
Overview
There are still a few people that play on the old servers often that does not know about Blackwonder. I thought we should inform them by adding a notice that appears in the chat every 5 minutes. I didn't know about Blackwonder until a few days ago, so it might be in your best interest to consider broadcasting your new servers on your old servers for the ones that used to play on them, so it then merges the two communities together again and the old servers can be removed if you wish, which could give you more resources. This is just a suggestion of course, so it does not have to be considered or even carried out.

Why Should You Consider This?
It is my belief that the players that were faithful enough to play old servers should be alerted to the new servers so they can merge into them. This may also bulk up the community as a whole, as the community from the previous servers will be merged with the community as of late. Since there has been greater success found here, and a success well earned, I believe that this can help the success, if only by a little. I realise that if they followed the forums they would have found out, but for those that may not be as social online but enjoy playing on the servers, this would give them the chance they need to switch servers before the old servers were to be shutdown (if they were to be shutdown, this is only speculation).

Final Notes
I would like to say that before you reply to this, I want you to know that this just a suggestion. This is also based on me having played the old servers some days ago, and could have changed since then, and due to how long I have played the old servers, I have found it a rather nice server (I just love that BHop). I am open to whether or not you are welcoming of this idea, and whether it should be deployed or not. This is only my belief, and as such, it does not have to be taken seriously. I have also set up a poll for those that rather not comment, or would like to do both. Thanks for reading (I know, it looks like an essay for a small suggestion :D).

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Ohh, hi there. black_cat
Players would find out eventually if they wanted, but there's nothing wrong with a little chat advertisement.

Last edited:

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
Hello Buster : )
They would, but I thought we could speed it up :D
Of course it is a suggestion though, so it's not to be taken seriously, but chat advertisement of a server they already own should be fine :p

Last edited:

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Don't know if you've noticed the chat spam every now and then from the server redirect plugin, which periodically offers connection to a new server.

The old servers (I assume you mean the Blueprint VSH/Deathrun etc) aren't being shutdown. They're still up because quite a lot of people like them still, and are rather popular, so no need to go through with the migrating process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom