Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Get rid of spy on jail break

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkarcher1

Notably Dangerous
Ok so first off as a admin point of view spy on jb is so annoying because people on blue always cloak and death ringer ect witch just adds way more work for admins also on a normal player point of view spy's on red team can back stab and insta kill the warden witch makes it freeday and people get mad and it makes it really hard to have a normal game

So that's the reason I think spy should be removed... Or at least for blue

Edit: also make spy only available if ur vip or admin

Last edited:

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
I personally would just remove Spy indefinitely.

Not that I go on JB a lot unless I'm called lol, but I can see why you'd create this thread for.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Hai

I'm new in this community but I'd like to ask (I have played allot of jailbreak on multiple communities), why remove a class out of a gamemode or remove something which is unique to the class?
Just because someone whines cause they can't handle it? You even suggest to make it VIP? Welp it's not like that will make the community look like some money hungry community.

In other communities Blue spy can't use his cloak/dead ringer at all so why not take that as a fix, also people getting mad cause the warden gets back stabbed, get mad at the warden not at the class, any good Blu can easily counter a spy. I can definitely say if you choose to let this thread influence a class, you are sure to lose players.

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
Hai

I'm new in this community but I'd like to ask (I have played allot of jailbreak on multiple communities), why remove a class out of a gamemode or remove something which is unique to the class?
Just because someone whines cause they can't handle it? You even suggest to make it VIP? Welp it's not like that will make the community look like some money hungry community.

In other communities Blue spy can't use his cloak/dead ringer at all so why not take that as a fix, also people getting mad cause the warden gets back stabbed, get mad at the warden not at the class, any good Blu can easily counter a spy. I can definitely say if you choose to let this thread influence a class, you are sure to lose players.
I do not play the jailbreak, but I personally think that it would be way overpowered for a prisoner to just cloak and dagger and just insta kill the warden(s). Then again I do not know what that is like. However, I do not feel like it would lose players because without an overpowered class it is more of a challenge for the prisoners and easier for the admins to watch over and take care of the server.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I do not play the jailbreak, but I personally think that it would be way overpowered for a prisoner to just cloak and dagger and just insta kill the warden(s). Then again I do not know what that is like. However, I do not feel like it would lose players because without an overpowered class it is more of a challenge for the prisoners and easier for the admins to watch over and take care of the server.

Prisoners do not have access to the invisiwatch or the disguise kit under any circumstance. The spy is by no means an overpowered class with his 125 hp and medium speed. In fact, spies are in most aspects considered the worst prisoner class, not having the health or speed to survive minigames, and not having the damage to survive friendly fire. If a prisoner is in your melee range and god forbid, behind you, then maybe you should take a look at what led you up to this point and avoid doing that the next time. At this point you really should be dead regardless which class it is.

If a freeday spy stalks you or lurks around your back too much, tell 'em not to, and you're allowed to kill them if they keep doing it.

And yeah, blue spies should obviously not have access to their disguise kit or cloak either.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Wait-wait, you think the spy instakilling a warden is to much, jeez. Why even make Tf2 servers then if you can't handle the unique ability of a class which main strength is to instakill when he backstabs. wutcha gonna do next? Make a dodgeball server and take away the flamethrower for pyro's so the gamemode is completely useless but hey it stops stealing and that makes it easier for the admins.

You guys as an admin aren't a divine being, you're not any more special then any other of us. If you got more work just because people get mad cause of someone being good at a class then damn.

But seriously though what's the next plan? Taking away Medic his medigun? Removing sniper his ability to headshot?Taking a scout his speed away?
I mean why not make every class the same I mean then you basically get like Counter strike or garry's mod jailbreak.

There is is a limit to what you can change in Jailbreak and if people don't like the unique abilities of some classes just make a counter strike or gmod jailbreak server for them then they can't moan.

Little tip want to actually change something gamebreaking? Remove rtd in jailbreak like wtf is that even. That's more of a unfair advantage then instakill backstabs

Last edited:

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
Wait-wait, you think the spy instakilling a warden is to much, jeez. Why even make Tf2 servers then if you can't handle the unique ability of a class which main strength is to instakill when he backstabs. wutcha gonna do next? Make a dodgeball server and take away the flamethrower for pyro's so the gamemode is completely useless but hey it stops stealing and that makes it easier for the admins.

You guys as an admin aren't a divine being, you're not any more special then any other of us. If you got more work just because people get mad cause of someone being good at a class then damn.

But seriously though what's the next plan? Taking away Medic his medigun? Removing sniper his ability to headshot?Taking a scout his speed away?
I mean why not make every class the same I mean then you basically get like Counter strike or garry's mod jailbreak.

There is is a limit to what you can change in Jailbreak and if people don't like the unique abilities of some classes just make a counter strike or gmod jailbreak server for them then they can't moan.

Little tip want to actually change something gamebreaking? Remove rtd in jailbreak like wtf is that even. That's more of a unfair advantage then instakill backstabs
Lmao I'm a Devine being

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
You'll have to excuse Melonious as he mainly plays CS:GO and almost no TF2. He was just trying to throw in his 2 cents, which admittedly was unnecessary since he isn't very knowledgeable when it comes to jailbreak, but at least he tried. There is no need to go on a huge rant. The problem with jailbreak in particular is, that I don't play it myself, so I can't really judge what is good and what is bad. It was also never my intend to remove the spy class completely, as it seems to not really be a solution to problems. The suggested solution of removing blue's cloak seems to be a good solution and I will look into writing a short plugin for that.

Edit: It would be much appreciated if someone can give me a list of RTDs that should not be on jailbreak, as I do feel like a lot of people like it and I try to satisfy both sides

Last edited:

darkarcher1

Notably Dangerous

Thank you for your say it has changed my view on this topic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom