Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Geobot_'s Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geobot_

Scarcely Lethal
Username: Geobot_

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:204539903

Who has punished you?
Jim blw.tf

Why were you punished?
Allegedly for ban evasion (through the same account) - The SourceBans messed up (I will elaborate)

Why should we revoke your punishment?
There've been previous attempt from my side to resolve this issue and I noticed that in my inexperience and immaturity I decided to focus on a few points that didn't matter all that much when I appealed the first two times.
To make it brief what happened was that a ban from Hey Ya blw.tf was issued some time in early June 2018 that lasted 2 weeks. This was the follow-up to the 1 week ban from Jim on the 24th of may respectively. However if you look into the Sourcebans and check for "Geoboat_" you will not find this ban. In case you doubt this claim, take into account that at least back then a permanent ban served as the 5th action taken against continuous rule-breakers.
This missing 4th ban somehow stopped existing or appearing in your SourceBans and I was able to join the blw servers. At that point in time I had no experience what so ever with how bans are logged and assumed it was an actual unban. I am aware this might not be seen as an excuse but it was my genuine interpretation of what happened and at the end of the day such a service-based glitch is also the providers and administrations responsibility to handle and properly inform users about.
What happened from there was the incident with Jim blw. All I can say is that while communicating the issue to me on Discord I am fully convinced he messed up explaining me the situation and instead gave really insufficiently informing orders. I've been told to "not rejoin" after being seen on Jailbreak LA and asking for an unban. Not knowing of what exactly my bannable offense was I joined TX right after and got permanently banned only to then find out what exactly I was held accountable for. That is obviously not any kind of "exposed" situation as I framed it ages ago but it still sucked and I'm happy to provide screenshots if it boils down to that being a deciding factor on the success of this appeal.
All in all there are several reasons I'd like to request an unban. The first one being that I genuinely wouldn't want to exploit on blw ever again. Secondly, I would love to regain the access to join at least the other game modes blackwonder has in store as punishable offenses are definetly easier to acquire in Jailbreak due to it's complex rules and guidelines. The third one is actually just the ridiculousness of the situation, reading my own words I admit I've had an issue articulating and structuring my speech back in the day resulting in me not succeeding. I am convinced that the situation of my ban disappearing entirely with no trace or explanation was in no way an active pursuit of "ban evasion" on my side just because something outside of my influence happened that deemed the ban useless (wiped it out of existence). Reflecting on my previous bannable offenses I am sorry, thinking back to the rest though I am annoyed.

side note:
After the incident involving me being on the LA server Jim blw accused me being simply in the spectator team as an indication of exploiting, when in reality I only managed to stay on the server for a few minutes and I was simply afk and didn't proceed through the motd or the class selection. That was an awfully stupid and incompetent claim since every player lands in the spectator team when they join Arena gamemodes, so if anybody was to connect to Jailbreak, go afk eat or take a piss or something they'd also definetly do that with exploitation of game features in mind? Don't think so.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
1621218774089.png
Previous appeal detailing the order of events

History of ammo glitching, exploiting and donor abuse

To be clear, you knew you were banned. Sourceban was not preventing you from joining, but you knew better. You switched servers and were caught. Sourceban was later fixed and you were finally stopped. There was no "allegedly" about it.
1621219452739.png

On your last appeal and here, you state you have no alts. You provided this steamid.
1621220628280.png

This is your main (one you're appealing)
1621220713548.png

1621220374520.png

Geobot_

Scarcely Lethal
Fair points, somewhat.
For one, my donor abuse was given out for a self targeted slay, I remember that having happened and to this day I would argue that that is ultimately the same as hitting my killbind.

"To be clear, you knew you were banned. Sourceban was not preventing you from joining, but you knew better. You switched servers and were caught. Sourceban was later fixed and you were finally stopped. There was no "allegedly" about it."

As for this, I made it relatively clear that I argue your services fuckups are not entirely my responsibility and I ran into a wrong interpretation of my ability to join. I'm not gonna construct or re-phrase it as this is a conflict of values and priority which isn't bound to facts but to the emphasis one makes. I get your point but your point and mine don't invalidate one another here. You're the admin, you got the last say.

I don't have a positive outlook on the appeal either way. If it doesn't succeed then it served as a proper rant about the really messy and stupid convo I've had with Jim, since back then I actually didn't grasp the entire SourceBan scenario which just aggrevated me into a futile argumentation, and for that I blame the monkey headquarters of Cutiepie tf.
(the man literally put me on the illusion that I was not gonna get perma banned, twice (?) gave me really weird orders regarding what to do, uttered bullshit about me being about to exploit based on not being informed on how one pulls the thing in the video you sent off and ended up as the only reason apart from the hiccup with Hey Yas ban that my sourcebans got as "messy" as you call them)

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Fair points, somewhat.
For one, my donor abuse was given out for a self targeted slay, I remember that having happened and to this day I would argue that that is ultimately the same as hitting my killbind.

"To be clear, you knew you were banned. Sourceban was not preventing you from joining, but you knew better. You switched servers and were caught. Sourceban was later fixed and you were finally stopped. There was no "allegedly" about it."

As for this, I made it relatively clear that I argue your services fuckups are not entirely my responsibility and I ran into a wrong interpretation of my ability to join. I'm not gonna construct or re-phrase it as this is a conflict of values and priority which isn't bound to facts but to the emphasis one makes. I get your point but your point and mine don't invalidate one another here. You're the admin, you got the last say.

I don't have a positive outlook on the appeal either way. If it doesn't succeed then it served as a proper rant about the really messy and stupid convo I've had with Jim, since back then I actually didn't grasp the entire SourceBan scenario which just aggrevated me into a futile argumentation, and for that I blame the monkey headquarters of Cutiepie tf.
(the man literally put me on the illusion that I was not gonna get perma banned, twice (?) gave me really weird orders regarding what to do, uttered bullshit about me being about to exploit based on not being informed on how one pulls the thing in the video you sent off and ended up as the only reason apart from the hiccup with Hey Yas ban that my sourcebans got as "messy" as you call them)

Aside from you ignoring the alt account and your lies about it.

The last possible consideration here would have been that I originally believed you were a child. As it turns out, you are almost exactly the same age as the people who banned you. You were not some 12 year old having a bad day on tf2, you were 16 years old. You are the center of the "mess", no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom