Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Read Me [Gamemode] Team Fortress Minus

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
idvtxQu.png

Multiply weapon attributes by -1

Team Fortress Minus (Also named TF2x-1) multiply almost all the weapon attributes for -1, it's just a simple, but funny, modificated version of tf2x10.

Credits
Me
, for editing x10 for make this mod.
The Smelly Fortress and Chromsmith for Betatesting with me
The x10 Team, obviously for creating TF2x10, the mod that i used for make TFMinus

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Is this the continuation of your other thread https://blackwonder.tf/threads/tf2-x-1-gamemode.7642/ ?

It got declined due to nobody working on it, if you want this on the servers you should ask admins to reopen the suggestion, it seems great!
His original suggested had various weapon changes that never came to fruition because no one ever worked on the project. In this thread, @Shadow Mario | blw.tf has already made the game mode config for everyone and has posted it.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Interesting.

There are also attributes in the source, not just the config. In case you missed those.

goem

I'm that dude from like July that was gonna try to make this. I stopped because I got busy n' shit. Anyways it's nice to see someone else picked up the idea and made it. Do you have a stat list?

Also a quick suggestion, rather than making all of the stats completely reversed, it'd probably be better if they were inversed, so things are changed proportionally. I guess it's kinda hard to explain with words so I'll just do it with numbers

Direct Hit
(+) 1.8x proj. speed
(+) 1.25x damage
(-) 0.3x explosion radius

Reverse Direct Hit (Change bonus directly to penalty; +100% becomes -100%)
(-) 0.2x proj. speed
(-) 0.75x damage
(+) 1.7x explosion radius

Inverse Direct Hit (Multipliers are fractionally inverted, +100% becomes -50%, because opposite of double is half)
(-) 0.55x proj. speed
(-) 0.8x damage
(+) 3.33x explosion radius

This fixes things like the Backburner using no ammo on airblast, or the Direct Hit just sucking. Plus it makes some weapons less over/underpowered.

Also, I did some testing. The Kunai, Dead Ringer, and Cloak And Dagger do not work as intended. Kunai puts you at 125 health, Dead Ringer has no way of regaining cloak, and Cloak and Dagger still gives you less cloak from ammo boxes.

Last edited:

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
I'm that dude from like July that was gonna try to make this. I stopped because I got busy n' shit. Anyways it's nice to see someone else picked up the idea and made it. Do you have a stat list?

Also a quick suggestion, rather than making all of the stats completely reversed, it'd probably be better if they were inversed, so things are changed proportionally. I guess it's kinda hard to explain with words so I'll just do it with numbers

Direct Hit
(+) 1.8x proj. speed
(+) 1.25x damage
(-) 0.3x explosion radius

Reverse Direct Hit (Change bonus directly to penalty; +100% becomes -100%)
(-) 0.2x proj. speed
(-) 0.75x damage
(+) 1.7x explosion radius

Inverse Direct Hit (Multipliers are fractionally inverted, +100% becomes -50%, because opposite of double is half)
(-) 0.55x proj. speed
(-) 0.8x damage
(+) 3.33x explosion radius

This fixes things like the Backburner using no ammo on airblast, or the Direct Hit just sucking. Plus it makes some weapons less over/underpowered.

Also, I did some testing. The Kunai, Dead Ringer, and Cloak And Dagger do not work as intended. Kunai puts you at 125 health, Dead Ringer has no way of regaining cloak, and Cloak and Dagger still gives you less cloak from ammo boxes.
The Backburner using Free Airblasts is intended, it was meant to you get a bit of ammo when you airblast, but it would be too OP, some weapons like Dead Ringer have unmodificable stats, if you want me to fix it, well boy, i can't, and the last thing, it's named "TF2x-1", not "TF2 with Reversed stats, but balanced", TF2x10 itself is unbalanced and a lot of people find it funny.

Edit: Well, if you want me to fix it, i think you must wait some months, on my vacations i will try to learn a bit of SourcePawn.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

The Backburner using Free Airblasts is intended, it was meant to you get a bit of ammo when you airblast, but it would be too OP, some weapons like Dead Ringer have unmodificable stats, if you want me to fix it, well boy, i can't, and the last thing, it's named "TF2x-1", not "TF2 with Reversed stats, but balanced", TF2x10 itself is unbalanced and a lot of people find it funny.

Edit: Well, if you want me to fix it, i think you must wait some months, on my vacations i will try to learn a bit of SourcePawn.

They might not be directly changeable with TF2Items configs, but you can easily hook what you want in a plugin and just alter it, depending what you wanted to do.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom