Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gamemode Suggestion: Ultimate Chimera Hunt in TF2

Philip

Australium
In the Gmod community, there is a custom gamemode called "Ultimate Chimera Hunt".

The premise of this gamemode is to stop the "Chimera" from killing your teammates by pressing the button on its back or avoiding it so the time runs out.

(More info on the steam community workshop page: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=385438672)

It greatly appeals to fans of the Mother series (like me) and is still enjoyed by non-Mother fans in the Gmod community. It would be nice to have an "Ultimate Chimera Hunt" server available for TF2 through Blackwonder.

I am not sure if there are many ports for this game on TF2, but if there isn't, it could be easily replicated by replacing models, integrating parts of the Saxton Hale & Slender Fortress, and getting creative.

Here are videos that demonstrates this gamemode on Gmod:

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Seems incredibly impractical to convert to TF2 and even then, I would imagine it would be a lonely empty server most of the time like almost all custom gamemodes.

/shrug, the idea is cool though

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Another great custom game mode, yet another game mode no one would play for some reason...

byrnable

Uncharitable
I fear if this game mode does get put in, it might end up like TF2 Minus, while being a good idea, it has almost no one on there to play it :/ It's still a good idea though :)

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I fucking love the MOTHER series and the Ultimate Chimera Hunt gamemode in Gmod. But, as stated above, no-one would play it as it's alien to the community and looks rather hard to port to TF2. The servers themselves on Gmod are pretty empty if I remember correctly, and only gained a spurt of activity because Nova played it.

Philip

Australium
I fear if this game mode does get put in, it might end up like TF2 Minus, while being a good idea, it has almost no one on there to play it :/ It's still a good idea though :)
What we need is YouTuber support. Remember a long time ago when Muselk played TF2 Zombies? Servers were flooded for months...

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
if you feel that we still need this please re suggest again the consensus appears to be it'd be fun but not practical or easily done

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom