Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Fruit's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruit

User name: Fruit

Name
Kevin

Your Age

Your SteamID

Your DiscordID
Fruit ❦#2344

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I usually play on the Australian dodgeball server. I play this server a lot and I am well integrated into its community. Formally, it is called AUS Blackwonder dodgeball server. I would like to moderate this server.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I would like to become a moderator because I feel like I would be able to gain a lot of knowledge in dealing with other people, particularly troublemakers. I would like to learn the necessary skills that would benefit me in the future. I also love the feeling when someone thanks you for helping them, and I would like to help others more by punishing rule-breakers and cheaters.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Foxsera. They may also know me by another alias, namely "Melody"

When are you usually available to play?
Usually 4 or 5 times a week, unless I have something extremely urgent going on such as examinations.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
I feel like that I shouldn't be too hard on the punishments, otherwise, that'll diminish the player base. I would like to be a lenient moderator, rather than a harsh one.

For instance, if someone is spamming in chat, and calling out derogatory terms to other players, I will definitely mute them for possibly a week up to a month, depending on the severity of their spams. I will also even consider banning them if they are causing verbal harm to other players.

If a player continually breaks rules, again and again, the severity of my punishment will go up exponentially. Ideally, I would like to keep consistency in my punishments. It would not be tied to my emotions, and I would like to give all rulebreakers a chance to explain the situation, so I can possibly adjust their punishment if deemed necessary.

Since I am requesting to moderate a dodgeball server, my scaffold of punishment is as follows.
Bodyblocking: 2 warnings, then a 2-day ban
Spamming: 1 warning, then a 1-week ~ 1 month mute, depending on the contents of the spam
Verbal abuse: 1 warning, then a 1-week ban
Disrespect: 1 warning, then a 1-week ban
Exploiting the game: 1 warning, then a 1-week ~1-month ban, depending on the severity of the exploit
Delaying the game: 1 warning, 1 slay, then 3-day ban

The above is just a scaffold, and the punishment will vary quite a bit depending on the situation.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I don't have a microphone, and even if I did, I am not willing to speak with others online. However, I can still communicate via normal means, such as using the ingame chat.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Herro Fruit,

Your steamID is STEAM_0:0:165962144. That's your profile you've linked. (just letting you know)

Your playtime is really nice, standing at 5 days and 3 hours.
You also don't have any punishments logged.

Moving over to your chatlogs:
1575538155239.png

1575538237544.png

1575538289437.png
Your usage of "fuck" is a bit over the top in my opinion, you use it quite frequently, and from what I see, about half of the usages are aimed at others in insulting ways, which is the main issue.

Taking a look at your application:

Usually 4 or 5 times a week, unless I have something extremely urgent going on such as examinations.
If it is possible, could you maybe provide some time estimations?

Verbal abuse: 1 warning, then a 1-week ban
Disrespect: 1 warning, then a 1-week ban
We don't ban for chat-related rulebreaks, unless they are bypassing a punishment.

In general, your punishment section is lacking a ladder, has the wrong punishments for some and is generally incomplete. It seems to me like you don't know how our punishment system works, or generally how we punish people. (gag for chat, mute for voice chat etc.)
Also, your chatlogs are quite dirty with player insults.

I recommend first off going through your punishment section and improving it using this guide:

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

Attachments

• 1575537987790.png
    1575537987790.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 1575538145129.png
    1575538145129.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 1575538217154.png
    1575538217154.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by a moderator:

Konny

Notably Dangerous

Konny

I don't think we know each other well enough to put my name down for admins you talk to and know, also in your chat logs you said "alternate machiko calladmin on me " while i was on the server...

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Hello.
The fact that you made this account and app so quickly tells me that you did it only because me and Y3p joined AUS DB and banned some people abusing calladmin (which you encouraged). I've plenty of reason to believe that you're trying to get mod powers just to unban your friends and not because you want to help out. We don't want someone like that as a staff member.

Fruit

I didn’t encourage them, I just tried to make a joke to one of the players alternate machiko, who I know very well. Again, even if I did unban them while I was moderator, can’t you see that in logs? It wouldn’t be very smart of me to get mod and instantly unban people. Also, I am not particularly close to the people who got banned, no more than how close I am to y3p.
Furthermore, what makes you believe that I want mod powers just to help out my friends? Is another reason that I do not know about?

Fruit

I will perhaps go over my punishment section, but I doubt that’ll do anything. It is clear that I’m not going to become moderator like this, so perhaps I’ll reapply in a few months, when I’ve changed.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I will perhaps go over my punishment section, but I doubt that’ll do anything. It is clear that I’m not going to become moderator like this, so perhaps I’ll reapply in a few months, when I’ve changed.

Closing per applicant's statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom